Proper Wednesday pubs

3 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

George and Dragon at Mosborough. Meeting place for Mosborough Owls Supporters Branch.

Some great away days with the George late 80's early 90's, some real characters. Might have dreamt it but did  swfc  try to stop them running a coach to away games, as would detour from the official supporter coach itineraries?

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Some great away days with the George late 80's early 90's, some real characters. Might have dreamt it but did  swfc  try to stop them running a coach to away games, as would detour from the official supporter coach itineraries?

i not sure on that tbh but i have heard some suggestions that they tried to but whether it's true or not remains to be seen. Also i do remember a lot of local pubs running mini buses to away games.😉

12 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

i not sure on that tbh but i have heard some suggestions that they tried to but whether it's true or not remains to be seen. Also i do remember a lot of local pubs running mini buses to away games.😉

Think it was about the Police wanting to hold all coaches on the outskirts of a town the straight to the ground. Obviously this inteferes with having a few drinks in the local pubs etc... 😀 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Think it was about the Police wanting to hold all coaches on the outskirts of a town the straight to the ground. Obviously this inteferes with having a few drinks in the local pubs etc... 😀 

The holding of all coaches by Poilce on the outskirts of any Town or City is why i use to travel a lot on the Rail Network to away games.Even then, The Poilce would be waiting in large numbers at the station. Didn't really bother me or my mates at all. We arrive much earlier than normal so we can get to the nearest boozer.🙂

4 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

The holding of all coaches by Poilce on the outskirts of any Town or City is why i use to travel a lot on the Rail Network to away games.Even then, The Poilce would be waiting in large numbers at the station. Didn't really bother me or my mates at all. We arrive much earlier than normal so we can get to the nearest boozer.🙂

Depended on how you got to the end destination on the train lol 

• Like 1

Guest Guzzler

Use to go to a few pubs all over place in and around sheff full of good wednesday  lads. park & aurborthorne club  blue ball on Mansfield road. Birley  Even up to killamarsh (fair trek for me ) but all boozers all Wednesday.  Great days 🍺

54 minutes ago, Guzzler said:

Use to go to a few pubs all over place in and around sheff full of good wednesday  lads. park & aurborthorne club  blue ball on Mansfield road. Birley  Even up to killamarsh (fair trek for me ) but all boozers all Wednesday.  Great days 🍺

We had some good Wednesday lads in birley don't think there was a backward step in any of them

• Like 1

Long time ago, Royal on cliffe, remember going in as a kid with my old man, proper man's pub. Then he moved to Crown (Bronco Layne) and sometimes Big Gun in twicker, even used to drink in there with some of his mates pre match who'd come from Shirecliffe which always confused me.