So who in the top tier reserves or lower down the leagues should we be looking at for next season?

12 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

There will be 100's of players out of contract and many clubs will have little money to spend. Have to be wise and hope More can attractvthe right players

I’ve been looking at OOC players and there are loads and loads of them. As ever there are dozens of end of career journeymen (our usual favourites) but professional contracts for youngsters are being trimmed in the wake of the pandemic also. Obviously all clubs have the same pool of players to look at but I genuinely think we have a chance of assembling an OK team on the cheap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve been looking at OOC players and there are loads and loads of them. As ever there are dozens of end of career journeymen (our usual favourites) but professional contracts for youngsters are being trimmed in the wake of the pandemic also. Obviously all clubs have the same pool of players to look at but I genuinely think we have a chance of assembling an OK team on the cheap. 

Just re read my post- how far have my expectations sunk that I am genuinely excited about the prospect of us assembling a reasonable L1 side on the cheap?

🤯

• Haha 1

Loads of good players will be available on free transfer this Summer.

Insanely Brighton are letting ultra talented playmaker Marc Leonard walk on free transfer and he would be my top transfer target as he is a player we can build around for our long term future. However likes of Swansea and Sunderland already declared interest in him.

CM - Marc Leonard, Tom Lowery, Lee Evans

LB - Connor Oglivie, Jimmy Keohane,  Reece James, Josh Ruffels

RM - Owen Dale, Wes Burns

ST - Joe Pigott

AM - Scott Twine

• Like 2

I will search my FM data base and post my findings on here in a day or so. 

My scouts operate worldwide so shouldn't be a problem. 

There could be a few gems in the Azbekistan premier league. 

10 roubles a week with a 5 baht win bonus from DC. 

Sorted. 

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Rodger said:

My brothers a Leeds fan and raves about a young striker they got from Arsenal, Greeward I think his name is. 

Perhaps a season long loan would be win/win/win for all parties concerned? 

That Joe Gelhardt would be better I'd reckon in League 1.

He's quality.

I don't think there's ever been a better time for a big club to assemble a squad of players on the cheap in the third tier that could not only take the league by storm, but carry that through to the championship and hold it's own there. 

That said, we just don't have the infrastructure to deliver what is needed. From poor scouting, protracted negotiations with players and poor coaching team, we just don't have what it takes to either bring it together and then glue it all together to succeed. 

Our clubs staff and general set up seems lazy and backwards, there's never been any urgency to anything progressive. 

48 minutes ago, malek said:

Loads of good players will be available on free transfer this Summer.

Insanely Brighton are letting ultra talented playmaker Marc Leonard walk on free transfer and he would be my top transfer target as he is a player we can build around for our long term future. However likes of Swansea and Sunderland already declared interest in him.

CM - Marc Leonard, Tom Lowery, Lee Evans

LB - Connor Oglivie, Jimmy Keohane,  Reece James, Josh Ruffels

RM - Owen Dale, Wes Burns

ST - Joe Pigott

AM - Scott Twine

Ruffles is the best left back in League 1 IMO. I said last Summer let's sign him when we needed a left back,

He's championship quality and might get there with Oxford.

• Like 1

Guest Rodger
12 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

That Joe Gelhardt would be better I'd reckon in League 1.

He's quality.

Yeah he raves about him too, apparently he's looked like a man playing underage football this year. 

They have high hopes for him and their manager rates him so hell be in and around their senior squad next season. 

Unfortunately won't be going anywhere. 

He was also saying that Ritchie Cresswell's lad is quite highly rated at their academy too. 

Centre half (I think) 

Maybe he'd like to follow in his old mans footsteps..... 

Edited by Rodger

1 hour ago, Rodger said:

My brothers a Leeds fan and raves about a young striker they got from Arsenal, Greeward I think his name is. 

Perhaps a season long loan would be win/win/win for all parties concerned? 

Sam Greenwood ?

8 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Yeah he raves about him too, apparently he's looked like a man playing underage football this year. 

They have high hopes for him and their manager rates him so hell be in and around their senior squad next season. 

Unfortunately won't be going anywhere. 

He was also saying that Ritchie Cresswell's lad is quite highly rated at their academy too. 

Centre half (I think) 

Maybe he'd like to follow in his old mans footsteps..... 

Greenwood and Gelhardt are both  top prospects, so is Jack Jenkins and plenty of others at Leeds. Not surprising as Leeds invests and takes care of their underage football. For example they are not afraid paying good money for talented youngsters and fella you wrote about - Greenwood cost them six figured fee.

This year they joined Premier League 2 - 2'nd division and won it with ease. Wouldn't be surprised if they win 1'st division next season.

Since we can't produce such talent we must get it from elsewhere. Marc Leonard on free transfer would be a great start, Dawson Devoy from Bohemians a shrewd signing. And there are plenty of others like these two. Hope that next season we will start to build reputation as a club that plays and develops young players.

• Like 1

Guest Rodger
1 hour ago, malek said:

Greenwood and Gelhardt are both  top prospects, so is Jack Jenkins and plenty of others at Leeds. Not surprising as Leeds invests and takes care of their underage football. For example they are not afraid paying good money for talented youngsters and fella you wrote about - Greenwood cost them six figured fee.

This year they joined Premier League 2 - 2'nd division and won it with ease. Wouldn't be surprised if they win 1'st division next season.

Since we can't produce such talent we must get it from elsewhere. Marc Leonard on free transfer would be a great start, Dawson Devoy from Bohemians a shrewd signing. And there are plenty of others like these two. Hope that next season we will start to build reputation as a club that plays and develops young players.

Strange. 

I thought their academy was ripped apart by Ken Bates and that Italian loon they had a few years back. 

How on Earth have they managed to turn it around so soon? 

Encouraging for us if it's doable so quickly as personally I reckon this is the way to go. 

6 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Strange. 

I thought their academy was ripped apart by Ken Bates and that Italian loon they had a few years back. 

How on Earth have they managed to turn it around so soon? 

Encouraging for us if it's doable so quickly as personally I reckon this is the way to go. 

I advise you finding and reading article about AZ Alkmar's academy.

They basically said how they couldn't afford to buy best players so had no other option but to start producing them themselves. They also put forward whole presentation explaining how cheap and easy it is if you know what you are doing.

• Like 1