So who in the top tier reserves or lower down the leagues should we be looking at for next season?

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, Rodger said:

Strange. 

I thought their academy was ripped apart by Ken Bates and that Italian loon they had a few years back. 

How on Earth have they managed to turn it around so soon? 

Encouraging for us if it's doable so quickly as personally I reckon this is the way to go. 

Radrizanni and Orta sorted the academy as soon as they came in. Invested in it, scouted far and wide, home and abroad and now it's paying dividends again.

Another major criticism of DC is his short sightedness in the development of our training complex. In the big scale of things, a £5-6m investment in youth and facilities 4/5 seasons ago, could be bearing fruit now.

Now we have yet another Cat 1 academy within an hours drive up the M1 with scouts in South Yorkshire hoovering up the best talent.

The left back at Rotherham looked good from what I've seen of them. Ryan Giles on loan from Wolves. Can't see us having a prayer though,  Would have thought his next stepping stone would be another championship loan further up the league.

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

The left back at Rotherham looked good from what I've seen of them. Ryan Giles on loan from Wolves. Can't see us having a prayer though,  Would have thought his next stepping stone would be another championship loan further up the league.

Very rarely players going out on loan will make a step down.

Wolves U-23 side is filled with good talent. Luke Cundle, Tyler Perry, Theo Corbenau are all players that would improve us.

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Very rarely players going out on loan will make a step down.

Wolves U-23 side is filled with good talent. Luke Cundle, Tyler Perry, Theo Corbenau are all players that would improve us.

Who knows, Dion Sanderson moved down to league 1 after impressing at Cardiff the season before. We were linked last summer but ended up at Sunderland.

9 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Who knows, Dion Sanderson moved down to league 1 after impressing at Cardiff the season before. We were linked last summer but ended up at Sunderland.

Didn't think he did that well playing RB at Cardiff, but thought that he had spectacular last season at CB for Sunderland.

There will be pressure to get promoted back to the championship ASAP but I would be more than happy if we laid solid foundations that included a progressive youth academy. If there was a time to do this, it is now. As I keep saying we have a management team who’s background is in youth development.

Let’s not forget that both Moore and Smith worked at WBA’s which at one time had a reputation as one of the best in the country and Williams has worked at Southampton’s who have one of the very best and the England youth set-up.

If this management team don’t know the importance of and how to set up a good productive youth academy then no one does?

I’m sure a product live academy is on Moore’s to do list but persuadeing the Chairman to invest the required finance will probably be very difficult?

• Like 1

Guest Rodger
2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Radrizanni and Orta sorted the academy as soon as they came in. Invested in it, scouted far and wide, home and abroad and now it's paying dividends again.

Another major criticism of DC is his short sightedness in the development of our training complex. In the big scale of things, a £5-6m investment in youth and facilities 4/5 seasons ago, could be bearing fruit now.

Now we have yet another Cat 1 academy within an hours drive up the M1 with scouts in South Yorkshire hoovering up the best talent.

Even more reason for us to look to a strong academy. 

Have we lost any players to them?