Boycott the games

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Have a look at our last 20 years.

Leeds will be in Champions League before we are back in Championship.

And they have a stadium, no debts, fantastic  Academy , double our income in Championship, a grown up running club, fantastic players, a brilliant manager.

Ok, no ghost taxi firm

I’d rather nail my tongue to a tree than support Leeds, but I’m just a Wednesday fan. Rough and smooth, thick and thin, sickness and in health etc, but you help yourself!

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
10 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

I’d rather nail my tongue to a tree than support Leeds, but I’m just a Wednesday fan. Rough and smooth, thick and thin, sickness and in health etc, but you help yourself!

Me too, i m supporting us being well run , like Leeds.

Guest T Hardy
16 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Have a look at our last 20 years.

Leeds will be in Champions League before we are back in Championship.

And they have a stadium, no debts, fantastic  Academy , double our income in Championship, a grown up running club, fantastic players, a brilliant manager.

Ok, no ghost taxi firm

I strongly doubt that. 

Apart from Leicester this season and when they won the title, look at the teams who get into the Champions League, it’s always the exact same teams, it’s basically the odd miracle that a team like Leicester will make it, which on average will be what, once every 10-15 years? It’s a closed shop that is even more closed the longer time goes on with the amount of money in the game, barring freak seasons like this and when Leicester won it,  which was one of the reasons I didn’t understand why the Super League upset so many people, money has already ruined football. 

Edited by T Hardy

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, T Hardy said:

I strongly doubt that. 

Apart from Leicester this season and when they won the title, look at the teams who get into the Champions League, it’s always the exact same teams, it’s basically the odd miracle that a team like Leicester will make it, which on average will be what, once every 10-15 years? It’s a closed shop that is even more closed the longer time goes on with the amount of money in the game, barring freak seasons like this and when Leicester won it,  which was one of the reasons I didn’t understand why the Super League upset so many people, money has already ruined football. 

May be right.

Administration transformed these clubs, leading to Epl.

What we need.

I wonder how many are going to boycott next season, I for one have had a refund on my season ticket.

Can't support Chansiri , will have to go to the occasional away game instead 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Even in our darkest days we avoided that as the little business that supply the club will not see a penny - disgusting thinking

You mean like fan refunds.

Guest Smackavolley
33 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Totally different context and you know it. 

Are you sure he knows it? I think you're giving him a little too much credit. I've seen his name pop up a few times and all he does is spout nonsense and harp on about 12 year olds.

He hasn't really answered any questions put to him on this thread. He's attempting to garner support over this unhealthy fixation of the owner. I don't think the majority support the owner because it's pretty clear he's mismanaged the club. This guy has latched on to this boycott the club thread and seems to be digging and digging a bigger hole.

I've got visions of Wee Jimmy Krankie jumping up sand down and stamping his feet because his tunnel vision world has been challenged. The least he could have done is go and research how an Administration works. 😝

fixation: 

an obsessive interest in or feeling about someone or something.

Hornsby publishes new book: "My fixation with Dejphon Chansiri and how I nearly went mad"

Let it go son. It's gonna take a lot smarter men than you, with very deep pockets to sort this mess out. Either watch the football or don't. Simples.

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

Are you sure he knows it? I think you're giving him a little too much credit. I've seen his name pop up a few times and all he does is spout nonsense and harp on about 12 year olds.

He hasn't really answered any questions put to him on this thread. He's attempting to garner support over this unhealthy fixation of the owner. I don't think the majority support the owner because it's pretty clear he's mismanaged the club. This guy has latched on to this boycott the club thread and seems to be digging and digging a bigger hole.

I've got visions of Wee Jimmy Krankie jumping up sand down and stamping his feet because his tunnel vision world has been challenged. The least he could have done is go and research how an Administration works. 😝

fixation: 

an obsessive interest in or feeling about someone or something.

Hornsby publishes new book: "My fixation with Dejphon Chansiri and how I nearly went mad"

Let it go son. It's gonna take a lot smarter men than you, with very deep pockets to sort this mess out. Either watch the football or don't. Simples.

Ahh, one of those posters Lee Stafford mentioned?

I'm not going back to Hillsborough until Chansiri has gone but if I was one of those crazy supporters that wanted to I don't think I could with all the outstanding refunds. If there was ever a reason to not go and send a clear message to Chansiri it would be this and, for me, I think showing solidarity with other fans that are out of pocket would be the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
21 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Totally different context and you know it. 

Err, Chansiri doesnt even pay gas bill so doubt other firms get dosh.

What i do know is some Owls are now seriously skint and Chansiri denying them legal rights to refunds is offensive, at best.

But not surprising if you read Greenpeace report into TUG, his family firm, that club claimed bought Owls from Milan M.

4 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Refunds aside I’ve still got 2 years of season tickets remaining from my 5 year S/T

The long term season tickets are proving to have been a really good investment really in terms of value for money
The people who can afford to buy them have had some great prices per game when you work it out

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Decided to before Covid. Not paying support this regime.

But people have a choice, they'll carry on going and then come on here ranting.

Still waiting for my refund tickets from 2019/20 season, for two people it's about £200 quids worth!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Err, Chansiri doesnt even pay gas bill so doubt other firms get dosh.

What i do know is some Owls are now seriously skint and Chansiri denying them legal rights to refunds is offensive, at best.

But not surprising if you read Greenpeace report into TUG, his family firm, that club claimed bought Owls from Milan M.

What the frigging hell have Greenpeace got to do with our football club? Is the Rainbow Warrior moored in the Don next to the south stand!

if businesses were not being paid I’m quite sure there would be more than a few county court claims against the club.

• Like 2

Guest Smackavolley

The unpaid refunds situation is a disgrace. Follow the link to the FSA (football supporters association) where there are a number of articles about refunds. Looks like they have some tie in with a legal firm (Gateley) who have provided some advice. I’ve used Gateley a few times.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/right-to-refund-fans-still-unhappy-with-refunds-at-some-efl-clubs/

This article is outdated but the FSA invite enquiries about the subject either to them or Gateley.

Maybe the supporters trust could take this up and begin the process to put real pressure on the club. After all they keep telling us how many ‘big hitters’ they have onboard.

Still, I don’t get people coming on here calling people crazy supporters or trying to insist we all boycott games. People are free to make their own choices and in this case there isn’t a right or wrong approach.

What is crazy is hoping the club is forced into administration. Some people need to be careful what they wish for but has already mentioned the most vociferous tend to be school kids or plain stupid.

Prospective buyers are going to be put off if no one is going through the turnstiles. Matchday and non football employees are going to lose their income. Suppliers are going to be shafted.

The chairman will just go back home to daddy with less millions in his pockets and his tail between his legs.

He certainly isn’t going back to default his mortgage, unable to food on the table.

People can let off steam and vent their anger. They can boycott the games. It’s their choice

If they think their hurting anything other than Chansiri’s pride, they’re sadly mistaken.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

What the frigging hell have Greenpeace got to do with our football club? Is the Rainbow Warrior moored in the Don next to the south stand!

if businesses were not being paid I’m quite sure there would be more than a few county court claims against the club.

Greenpeace identified slavery, human rights  abuses and dodgy fishing policies in Chansiri firm.

Its that corporate vulture thats polluted our club with no refund for fans, even sick and poor ones post Covid.

And now Josh and Bannon are going, £10 ticket max.