Boycott the games

Guest Hornsby
5 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

The unpaid refunds situation is a disgrace. Follow the link to the FSA (football supporters association) where there are a number of articles about refunds. Looks like they have some tie in with a legal firm (Gateley) who have provided some advice. I’ve used Gateley a few times.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/right-to-refund-fans-still-unhappy-with-refunds-at-some-efl-clubs/

This article is outdated but the FSA invite enquiries about the subject either to them or Gateley.

Maybe the supporters trust could take this up and begin the process to put real pressure on the club. After all they keep telling us how many ‘big hitters’ they have onboard.

Still, I don’t get people coming on here calling people crazy supporters or trying to insist we all boycott games. People are free to make their own choices and in this case there isn’t a right or wrong approach.

What is crazy is hoping the club is forced into administration. Some people need to be careful what they wish for but has already mentioned the most vociferous tend to be school kids or plain stupid.

Prospective buyers are going to be put off if no one is going through the turnstiles. Matchday and non football employees are going to lose their income. Suppliers are going to be shafted.

The chairman will just go back home to daddy with less millions in his pockets and his tail between his legs.

He certainly isn’t going back to default his mortgage, unable to food on the table.

People can let off steam and vent their anger. They can boycott the games. It’s their choice

If they think their hurting anything other than Chansiri’s pride, they’re sadly mistaken.

I wish for what Leeds and Leicester have.

And Administration was the catalyst at both.

You cant go logically with Owls owners.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The long term season tickets are proving to have been a really good investment really in terms of value for money
The people who can afford to buy them have had some great prices per game when you work it out

Good for the fans, makes no sense for the future cashflow of the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Leicester City went into administration in 2002-03. Leeds United went into administration in 2007. Some catalyst that! 

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Yet you can't answer the simple question. Do you have any idea what an administration entails? You're either evading that question or don't have a scooby doo. I know which my moneys on.

Srivaddhanaprabha bought Leicester for £39 million in 2010, cleared their debts and loaned them £100 million over 4 years. That's over 10 years ago. The catalyst was someone bringing in money and investing it in the club. I think you believe an administration wipes out the football debt. It doesn't.

Chansiri is a one man, walking disaster. I can't even decide whether his intentions are even good or not. It's certainly been an ego trip that's cost him a lot of money and put our club right in the shyte.

I'll support the club through this crisis because generations of my family have before me. Call it blind faith if you want but I know your approach doesn't help and never works. I'm all for protests but your simplistic solutions and scatter-gun rants are tiresome. You've stated your intentions. How about giving it a rest, trying to convince everyone to follow. You might be a dab hand at noughts and crosses but that doesn't make you bright 😉

lol

4 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Yet you can't answer the simple question. Do you have any idea what an administration entails? You're either evading that question or don't have a scooby doo. I know which my moneys on.

Srivaddhanaprabha bought Leicester for £39 million in 2010, cleared their debts and loaned them £100 million over 4 years. That's over 10 years ago. The catalyst was someone bringing in money and investing it in the club. I think you believe an administration wipes out the football debt. It doesn't.

Chansiri is a one man, walking disaster. I can't even decide whether his intentions are even good or not. It's certainly been an ego trip that's cost him a lot of money and put our club right in the shyte.

I'll support the club through this crisis because generations of my family have before me. Call it blind faith if you want but I know your approach doesn't help and never works. I'm all for protests but your simplistic solutions and scatter-gun rants are tiresome. You've stated your intentions. How about giving it a rest, trying to convince everyone to follow. You might be a dab hand at noughts and crosses but that doesn't make you bright 😉

lol

The middle paragraph of your post says it all mate.... "Chansiri is a one man walking disaster and his seeming incompetence means that we don't know if his intentions are even good or not"

You couldn't have described the situation under this man any more succinctly. 

He will not receive one more penny from me. I've been going to Hillsborough since 1976 and it stops until he is gone.... How many more feel like I do? I know plenty of long standing fans who feel exactly the same.

Hopefully the EFL will catch up with him and he will be forced by them to sell the club that will be valued independently - similarly to what happened with Cellino at Leeds.

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, Smackavolley said:

lol

Administration would drive Chansiris out and  we need that urgent.

Hopefully, they cant find £7 million to repay loan to club September so the vulture lender will crash us like he did Watford.

Unless Uber buy D Taxis of course.

Like Leeds and Leicester will pave way for new , better owners so we can turn this tanker around. In Suez canal.

Then be trebles and Elev 8 all round. Cheers.

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Leicester City went into administration in 2002-03. Leeds United went into administration in 2007. Some catalyst that! 

Big Bang was a million years ago but still a catalyst relevant  in many fields today, especially radiation.

Any team that goes into admin should be thrown into the conference and out of the football leagues.

It literally can kill local businesses, giving them a miniscule percentage of debt to what is owed to them

just because a football club is run shoddily.

12 points punishment isn't ever enough.

• Like 1

If the fans were to boycott just a handful of games at the start of the season, I reckon DC would look to sell very quickly.  

However, there are too many fans who think that their passionate support of the club means they have to turn up no matter who we are playing, when we are playing or how the club is faring in general.  Whilst this is admirable, it's only prolonging the demise of the club.  

We need a short, sharp snap to reset the club and I can't think of a better idea than a boycott.  

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Who this fuckingwe you keep talking about because it ain't you lot of parasites hovering around the club

Go on give me a full house..just need you to mention 'ten bob millionaires'

Guest Hornsby
8 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Who this fuckingwe you keep talking about because it ain't you lot of parasites hovering around the club

Yeah, we are all getting loads from Owls , just one free fun ride.

I even get free D Taxis and refund promise on footys most expensive, non Epl seats.

Commissions and Elev 8 all round.

Guest Grandad
On 11/05/2021 at 15:52, bladeshater said:

I agree but bringing people into it who have died I find disrespectful

On 11/05/2021 at 16:41, Hornsby said:

Its from their stories, shared all over social media by family who need the refunds.

On 11/05/2021 at 16:45, bladeshater said:

Could you post some please

How many do you want?

Maybe you CAN believe some of the stuff Hornsby says? #justsaying

Guest Grandad
On 12/05/2021 at 09:41, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, forget all the local businesses that are left out of pocket by an administration. Didn't Leeds leave a sum owing to St John's ambulance? 

I know Leicester did. They owed £16000 to their local Ambulance Service

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

A spokesman for The Ambulance Service Charity told The Sun: “The ambulance service was forced to write off this money when Leicester City were facing financial difficulties.