Hagan & Farmer

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, malek said:

Two people would expect to get offers of new contract.

If I'm right Hunt, Waldock and Brennan all got one year extension in their contracts and I can see us extending all 3.

Most interested to see who of U-18's will get professional contract.

Will Trueman is certainty after getting Apprentice of the Season award and it seems that our goalkeepers usually get 1 year contract as they play only one season at U-18 level. Bonnington is also almost certain especially looking at our lack of strikers in U-23 side. It is opposite regarding defenders with Brennan, Cox, Thompson and Rice all at the club right now and us looking at trialists (Agbontohoma) playing that position, but I would still be surprised if Glaves doesn't get signed as I would if we let Aguas and Zottos walk. Jay Glover and Luke Hall alongside Bonnington are the only ones who regularly played last season and I can see them both staying at the club. Hall was a big star at U-16 level, but didn't progress well since making a step up, while Glover seems to be doing great this season after indifferent first year at U-18 level.

It's reported that Rice has gone.

Guest Smackavolley
24 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Farmer has other options..he wont want to put all his eggs in one basket..🐤

You're MILKING this now guys.

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Farmer, a man outstanding in his field.

That tackle last week, ploughed straight through their player and sent him straight int'a next field.

And got a (cow) pat ont back for it.

Tru story dat innit.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, malek said:

If I'm right Hunt, Waldock and Brennan all got one year extension in their contracts and I can see us extending all 3.

Will Trueman is certainty after getting Apprentice of the Season award and it seems that our goalkeepers usually get 1 year contract as they play only one season at U-18 level. Bonnington is also almost certain especially looking at our lack of strikers in U-23 side. It is opposite regarding defenders with Brennan, Cox, Thompson and Rice all at the club right now and us looking at trialists (Agbontohoma) playing that position, but I would still be surprised if Glaves doesn't get signed as I would if we let Aguas and Zottos walk. Jay Glover and Luke Hall alongside Bonnington are the only ones who regularly played last season and I can see them both staying at the club. Hall was a big star at U-16 level, but didn't progress well since making a step up, while Glover seems to be doing great this season after indifferent first year at U-18 level.

Jay Glover has signed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, spineynorman78 said:

Jay Glover has signed

Thanks for sharing, certainly good news.

It was reported some time ago that our youngsters are not permitted to wear any other colored boots  but black until they sign their professional deals. If this is still true than Glover, Aguas and Hall all signed new deals 😅 Possibly Graves too. Wears some strange color, but it doesn't look as plain black boots 😊

• Like 2

6 hours ago, malek said:

I think Bonnington and Aguas are pretty much dead certs for the U18s, and I think Zottos will probably get too. 

You're right on Hunt, Waldock and Brennan all having options, and I reckon they'll all get exercised.

Rice and Reaney I know are going.

• Like 3

The boots thing is definitely a red herring.

I heard players have been notified this week.

I’d say Joe Crann will be near the mark as he should be. 😁 Hasn’t mentioned Trueman. He’s got to be nailed on after been named apprentice of the year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Youth Hawker said:

The boots thing is definitely a red herring.

I heard players have been notified this week.

I’d say Joe Crann will be near the mark as he should be. 😁 Hasn’t mentioned Trueman. He’s got to be nailed on after been named apprentice of the year.

Yeah, conversations with U23s and U18s are happening this week. But it's only offers as far as I know, not sure if they're done deals yet. 

For what it's worth, I also think Trueman will get. Especially after his award.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Yeah, conversations with U23s and U18s are happening this week. But it's only offers as far as I know, not sure if they're done deals yet. 

For what it's worth, I also think Trueman will get. Especially after his award.

Yep. Can only be offers. They will have 30 days or so to confirm acceptance.