Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

22 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

specifically points 1 and 2, everything else you said is nonsense, but on one and two..

-Wednesday fan of 30 years here, because I want the league to evolve doesn’t mean I don’t understand community thank you 

-I don’t know what clubs moving around the country has to do with promotion and relegation. Sure, it’s not part of the NFL system, but that has nothing to do with their league system.

I understand you have no interest in American Football and that’s fine, but at least try and learn a little bit about the basics before displaying such ignorance, but I’m sure you’ll know it’ll go down a treat here, so there’s probably no point in you doing so

I've been watching NFL for 30-odd years.

I think I can make a determination as to whether it has any merit in the sporting sphere.

Thank you

• Haha 1

Just now, T Hardy said:

Oh yeah believe me I know any realistic prospect of us in the Prem is 5-10 years away, I just know now that any team like us, if we ever get to the Premier League as it stands, the best we can hope for is 7th and we’ll lose our best players as soon as we get there. If the Sky 6 ahead of us aren’t in the league, we’ve got a chance of actually winning a league. I’d rather that than battling for 7th if we ever get there, then accepting life as a bottom table Premier League side.

Whats the point in that?  

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

Oh yeah believe me I know any realistic prospect of us in the Prem is 5-10 years away, I just know now that any team like us, if we ever get to the Premier League as it stands, the best we can hope for is 7th and we’ll lose our best players as soon as we get there. If the Sky 6 ahead of us aren’t in the league, we’ve got a chance of actually winning a league. I’d rather that than battling for 7th if we ever get there, then accepting life as a bottom table Premier League side.

A league rendered meanigless, as either it will have lost 6 members or have 6 members who treat it as a second rate competition. 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Whats the point in that?  

So you’d rather us have a meaningless Premier League existence like a Burnley, than actually be in a league that we have a chance of winning?

2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Winning a league that does not have the 'Big 6" in it is somewhat meaningless anyway.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

At about the same rate as before .

Estimated that Russian revolution, the resultant famines and purges took over 20 million lives and that's before you even get to WW2!

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

I've been watching NFL for 30-odd years.

I think I can make a determination as to whether it has any merit in the sporting sphere.

Thank you

30 years, watching a sport that you think is sh*t, to quote you....

I hope you’re just on the wind up, if not, I feel sorry for you that you’ve wasted so much time on a sport you think is sh*t. Why would you waste so much of your time? Deary me 

Just now, mildatheart67 said:

Could say same of arsenal they haven't won it for 17 years

It's fine. Arsenal won't qualify for any serious top level competition cos of that... Oh

You already need to look at how ******** poor the europa league or whatever it is these days is. I don't think I've watched one of those games for over 10 years, and now half the poo in that have a divine right to being at the top table 😂😂😂😂😂

Americans trying to americanise a world sport for financial gain. tails

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Just seen Danny Murphy talking about this on Match of the Day 2, said he can't believe the likes of Pep and Solskjaer haven't come out and spoken against it.

A bit thick isn't he?

Thought he spoke very well and summed most fans thoughts, we should direct our anger against the proposers of the new league and not turn on fellow fans. 

Guest T Hardy

I want us in a league playing against the best clubs in the land, any title in that league would be a shallow one without them. 

Fair enough, I respect some of our fans want this. Having said that, look at Huddersfield’s time in the Premier League. Would the way they played football and won 3 games in 55 (or whatever it was, it was close to that) have made you happy? I like sport for entertainment, I’m not sure how much I’d love watching us battle for survival in the Premier League every season, hardly winning a game 

They had famines and purges before the revolution.  That's why they revolted. 

Not to the extent that Lenin and especially Stalin created they didn't 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thought he spoke very well and summed most fans thoughts, we should direct our anger against the proposers of the new league and not turn on fellow fans. 

Not turning on him, just thought it was a daft thing to say. It amused me more than anything.