Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

specifically points 1 and 2, everything else you said is nonsense, but on one and two..

-Wednesday fan of 30 years here, because I want the league to evolve doesn’t mean I don’t understand community thank you 

-I don’t know what clubs moving around the country has to do with promotion and relegation. Sure, it’s not part of the NFL system, but that has nothing to do with their league system.

I understand you have no interest in American Football and that’s fine, but at least try and learn a little bit about the basics before displaying such ignorance, but I’m sure you’ll know it’ll go down a treat here, so there’s probably no point in you doing so

Seriously, f*ck off. 

• Like 8

Love the selection process, Tottenham haven’t won the league since 1961, have been half decent for only about 5 years yet they get a lottery ticked that secures there future as European super league members forever.. they have been building for this announcement for years off of the back of premiership money. 

• Like 8

I'm actually baffled as to why so manybthibnk this is some sort of betrayal

Have y'all been asleep at the wheel for 20 years?

It has ALWAYS been about getting even bigger slices of the cake

The PL and EFL have been more than accomodating - but unfortunately for them a prettier, younger and more vivacious option has offered itself up

And some people are surprised it's gonna be taken

Seriously?!?

Just now, scram said:

I'm actually baffled as to why so manybthibnk this is some sort of betrayal

Have y'all been asleep at the wheel for 20 years?

It has ALWAYS been about getting even bigger slices of the cake

The PL and EFL have been more than accomodating - but unfortunately for them a prettier, younger and more vivacious option has offered itself up

And some people are surprised it's gonna be taken

Seriously?!?

Not everyone wants to throw the towel in like you clearly do though.

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Seriously, f*ck off. 

Again, praised for ignorance, congrats..

Say Brexit means Brexit next 👍

Not entirely sure what we expected really. We handed the keys to the chocolate factory to Augustus Gloop and now we wonder why he's 37 stone and still just wants more damn chocolate?

Scudamore and co., with Sky in cahoots, have been selling the PL as a global product to the highest bidder for decades. They've allowed the top of the game to be controlled...dominated...by foreign, capitalist money-makers with nothing but £££ in their crosshairs.

And now they've decided if they run their own closed shop, they can make even MORE money. And we're shocked by this?

• Like 5

Just now, T Hardy said:

Again, praised for ignorance, congrats..

Say Brexit means Brexit next 👍

What are you blabbering on about? 

You are an utter buffoon. 

Thre is only one ignorant person in this thread and it is you. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

specifically points 1 and 2, everything else you said is nonsense, but on one and two..

-Wednesday fan of 30 years here, because I want the league to evolve doesn’t mean I don’t understand community thank you 

-I don’t know what clubs moving around the country has to do with promotion and relegation. Sure, it’s not part of the NFL system, but that has nothing to do with their league system.

I understand you have no interest in American Football and that’s fine, but at least try and learn a little bit about the basics before displaying such ignorance, but I’m sure you’ll know it’ll go down a treat here, so there’s probably no point in you doing so

With all due respect, your previous comment about "change and evolution being for the better" shows an unbelievable degree of ignorance.

Nazism, fascism and communism were all changes, hardly for the better though.

Change that makes the game even less accessible to ordinary fans and totally devalues domestic competition isn't going to be for the better either.

A cabal of wealthy club owners trying to impose their vision on the global game won't be for the better either, if it succeeds (and I sincerely hope it doesn't) all it will prove is that money controls everything and that ordinary people just don't matter.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Nio idea what you actually mean by that but hey ho...

You're showing a very defeatist attitude towards it is what I'm saying. 

Whether people are surprised by any of this isn't the point, and if you're not surprised then that doesn't mean you should just accept it.

Guest T Hardy
Just now, SiJ said:

What are you blabbering on about? 

You are an utter buffoon. 

Thre is only one ignorant person in this thread and it is you. 

Yeah I’m the one here getting really angry because there could be a change to the status quo aren’t I 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It effectively renders the domestic leagues meanigless. 

It doesn't matter where these teams finish now, as they will be in the Super League every season making a fortune. 

Just now, T Hardy said:

Yeah I’m the one here getting really angry because there could be a change to the status quo aren’t I 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

There's only one left in the Quo now, it just isn't the Quo any more!

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

With all due respect, your previous comment about "change and evolution being for the better" shows an unbelievable degree of ignorance.

Nazism, fascism and communism were all changes, hardly for the better though.

Change that makes the game even less accessible to ordinary fans and totally devalues domestic competition isn't going to be for the better either.

A cabal of wealthy club owners trying to impose their vision on the global game won't be for the better either, if it succeeds (and I sincerely hope it doesn't) all it will prove is that money controls everything and that ordinary people just don't matter.

Change and evolution in football which ultimately could give clubs like ours a chance is hardly comparable to nazism mate 

12 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Well it's you who doesn't know it, as points 5 and 4 are so true of teams in the nfl. 

Are you one of Neil's wind up accounts? 

• Like 2