Wednesday - V - Bristol City

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am on about your posts in general, using expletives and telling people you would knock them out suggests irateness! :ghoulguy:

I am not making any excuses for this team. I would have them down as in the top 3 worst in my lifetime, just not the very worst and their chances of success have been severely hampered by off field issues which led to trying to sign players with a 12 point deduction in the summer and then not signing anyone when we were desperate for a lift and a push in January. 

I didn't say i'd knock hiom out...i said i'd rip his head off.. lol       And have a thin k about that...  he's from canada they are used to it in ice hockey.....  and he was on the wind up...seconds after they had scored... wasn't remotely interested why or upset..just wanted to have a pop back for something said last week. So... i got a bit pee'd off...  lol No harm done..and credit to him for winding me up.

I swear...i'm an ex serviceman who swore every other word...i wish i didn't...i just do.

I sincerely think this team is the worst.... and again, i am taking factors into consideration, i appreciate that.

• Like 1

Looking at the positives from today, the pitch is looking much better than it did two months ago and fair dues to Conor Grant for helping Rochdale put up a fight for survival with their second consecutive win.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I wanted to go more attack minded which in the end would have been the correct decision

Treat a game like a practice match or have too many defensive players on the pitch against 10 men results in what we saw second half

We needed to start the second half with momentum and pace and what we got was walking football and lack of ideas

I felt like we were still taking it to them and threatening majority of the second half.

Like flipping a light switch when we subbed and withdrew though. 

Also I think I could hire Harris to clean my windows and he would still find a way to f*ck it up and manage to fall down, so I was opposed on general principle, but see your reasoning.

8 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

So a record for never recovering from being a goal down, and a record for shipping goals in the last five minutes.... madness

Not that it applies to this game, but the one where we're the only team in the top five tiers of English football to have not won a single point from behind this season has to be the most impressive.  If we finish out the season at 0 points from behind that record will stand the test of time I think

Edited by Indoor Owl

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

I felt like we were still taking it to them and threatening majority of the second half.

Like flipping a light switch when we subbed and withdrew though. 

Not that it applies to this game, but the one where we're the only team in the top five tiers of English football to have not won a single point from behind this season has to be the most impressive.  If we finish out the season at 0 points from behind that record will stand the test of time I think

I think it's probably the most dreadful stat we have ever had at this club.

And see the post above too.  Credit to you for the wind up !!   no hard feelings or harm meant !!   Good job !! lol

• Like 1

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

I think it's probably the most dreadful stat we have ever had at this club.

And see the post above too.  Credit to you for the wind up !!   no hard feelings or harm meant !!   Good job !! lol

But of course, it's the match thread, some wind up is expected and accomodated all around, ha

All good.

lol

Enduring that nonsense on the pitch at the end made me launch the remote too

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

We've ended suffering as much in the games where we were one man up as we have in games where we were a man down.  A fascinating achievement.

Indeed - there's no way on earth that this team would have got a draw against Bristol City @ Ashton Gate in reverse circumstances. We would have simply caved in and lost 3/4-0.

We are so weak and poor, that I'm struggling to think of what circumstances would need to be in place for us to look comfortable. A few said the Cardiff game was a one-off. It's looking like that's the case, and for that reason I don't want to see any of the team today in the starting line up next season. In fact I hope we sell BB. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

But of course, it's the match thread, some wind up is expected and accomodated all around, ha

All good.

lol

Enduring that nonsense on the pitch at the end made me launch the remote too

Cheers Mate, i'd have a hockey punch up and drink with you after any day !! lol

Im sat here laughing... it's just incredulous just how bad things are... isn't it ? it's just.... ha ha ha !!! 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I didn't say i'd knock hiom out...i said i'd rip his head off.. lol       And have a thin k about that...  he's from canada they are used to it in ice hockey.....  and he was on the wind up...seconds after they had scored... wasn't remotely interested why or upset..just wanted to have a pop back for something said last week. So... i got a bit pee'd off...  lol No harm done..and credit to him for winding me up.

I swear...i'm an ex serviceman who swore every other word...i wish i didn't...i just do.

I sincerely think this team is the worst.... and again, i am taking factors into consideration, i appreciate that.

So you were wound up then, so a little irate. lol

At the end of the day we are arguing about which is the worst Sheffield Wednesday team in the history of the club - like 2 bald men fighting over a comb - a bit pointless really.

I think we all agree that regardless of whether they are the worst of all time they are certainly not good enough and somehow managed to find new ways to f**k things up. 

Most have been a let down and many won't be missed. 

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The zero points gained from being a goal down has to be at least a joint record for any division anywhere in football history.

I struggle to see how anyone has done any worse - and we have been behind so many times that we have had plenty of opportunities!