Wednesday - V - Bristol City

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It might have helped though...

True...

We shouldn't sit back like we do against a 10 men team with no confidence on a poor run tho

If we would have scored the pen there's big chance with our XI we would have imploded more.

We are so poor mentally. Can't believe our inability to see a game out.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don’t think I have ever disliked a bunch of Wednesday players so much. Absolutely pathetic, weak minded bunch of to$$ers. 

They really, truly, don't give a t055 about the club or the fans. Or even their own self esteem 

I bet other clubs look at our results and see weve shipped yet again in the last five minutes and laugh their heads off.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

here we go again....  lol

Take into account the changes professionally in the game, money, training etc etc.

If you add all that up...  Yes.,

Here we go again?

The 70's side were playing in a comparable era to themsleves and performed even more poorly against sides of the same era. They were worse. It doesn't make this any easier to take but they were.

You seem to be getting a little irate when people debate your posts today. It's not our fault! 

It’s hard to stomach just how bad some of these players are. 

At the end Rhodes snatching disgustingly at that shut, and then Kachunga flapping around. Can we not expect a professional footballer to put their foot through the ball and get a shot on target? 

Their are so many players to dislike in this team. The only thing keeping me going is knowing most of them will be gone soon. 

This is the worst SWFC team I can remember and we’ve had some crap.

• Like 2

Just now, Bluewings said:

True...

We shouldn't sit back like we do against a 10 men team with no confidence on a poor run tho

If we would have scored the pen there's big chance with our XI we would have imploded more.

We are so poor mentally. Can't believe our inability to see a game out.

I wasn't comfortable against Cardiff at 4-0

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Who honestly would you want to stay out of this squad? I doubt there’s even a handful of players I want to stay. 

Trouble is we can’t sign 25 new players can we. We’re going to need at least half of this squad for next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Here we go again?

The 70's side were playing in a comparable era to themsleves and performed even more poorly against sides of the same era. They were worse. It doesn't make this any easier to take but they were.

You seem to be getting a little irate when people debate your posts today. It's not our fault! 

Since when has a laughing face been irate ?   You're not debating, just throwing the same excuses for this shower again and again.

This side, pound for pound - SHOULD be winning games. SHOULD be seeing games out.   But we don't.
The teams you speak of, used to sit in the park hotel most days and have a huge fry up after training at the cafe on Leppings Lane.

It's a different game today

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

As for corners. For every one we score from, 30 are useless. 

If scored one in every 30 we'd be amazing.

People expect way too much of corners.

We score about 2% of our corners, perfectly in line with even the top tier PL clubs, and bang average for the Championship.

Middlesborough has the best conversion rate in the league at a whopping 2.8%.

Nothing wrong with our corners.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Trouble is we can’t sign 25 new players can we. We’re going to need at least half of this squad for next season. 

We signed about 15 in the summer of 2011 ahead of that promotion season. 

None of these players will be any great loss. Stick with half a dozen or so of them max and move on, no great loss any of them at all.

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

True but there’s absolutely no way this lot will be troubling the promotion spots next season. We’ve got a huge rebuild on our hands.

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Stuff like this confuses me. Palmer has been playing excellent as a wingback recently, and has put in some good crosses and nearly scored in this game on the end of a Bannan cross, putting it off the woodwork. 

And you want to put bloody Harris in his place?! 

I wanted to go more attack minded which in the end would have been the correct decision

Treat a game like a practice match or have too many defensive players on the pitch against 10 men results in what we saw second half

We needed to start the second half with momentum and pace and what we got was walking football and lack of ideas

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Since when has a laughing face been irate ?   You're not debating, just throwing the same excuses for this shower again and again.

This side, pound for pound - SHOULD be winning games. SHOULD be seeing games out.   But we don't.
The teams you speak of, used to sit in the park hotel most days and have a huge fry up after training at the cafe on Leppings Lane.

It's a different game today

I am on about your posts in general, using expletives and telling people you would knock them out suggests irateness! :ghoulguy:

I am not making any excuses for this team. I would have them down as in the top 3 worst in my lifetime, just not the very worst and their chances of success have been severely hampered by off field issues which led to trying to sign players with a 12 point deduction in the summer and then not signing anyone when we were desperate for a lift and a push in January.