I can’t help but think.......

That the Cardiff game was a one off only because the sky cameras was on!

the team was head and shoulders above anything we have seen this season, and was it not just a case of players putting themselves in the shop window?

for example Adam Reach who had a blinder, it reminds me of Nuhui who always showed up and played out of his skin when his contract was about to expire!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, d-man said:

the team was head and shoulders above anything we have seen this season, and was it not just a case of players putting themselves in the shop window?

for example Adam Reach who had a blinder, it reminds me of Nuhui who always showed up and played out of his skin when his contract was about to expire!

Everything landed for us. It was a fluke 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, danblakemore said:

But the sky camera's where at QPR?

End of topic hahaha!

think I’m just bitter they can do that at Cardiff, and we are where we are!

it just doesn’t make sense to me!

1 minute ago, d-man said:

End of topic hahaha!

That’s footy mate. Sometimes a team has a good day while the other team has an off day. 
Leeds beat Man City the other day when down to 10 men. You wouldn’t have thought that was possible but it happened. 
Best just look it as a nice event that won’t repeat itself. 

18 minutes ago, d-man said:

End of topic hahaha!

It's so wildly inconsistent this season isn't it!

lol

Soooooo crazy

One week we smash teams the next we collapse

So bizarre

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, d-man said:

I cant help but think you've been an OwlsTalk member since 2009, posted only 68 times and just posted criticism and scepticism about the best performance we've had for years.  

🤔

45 minutes ago, d-man said:

Thanks

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I cant help but think you've been an OwlsTalk member since 2009, posted only 68 times and just posted criticism and scepticism about the best performance we've had for years.  

🤔

I can’t help but think you have to much time on your hands if you are doing background checks on people’s past on owlstalk for airing an opinion!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

So, in conclusion we're basically,  pants.

But we obviously aren’t!

that’s my point, why that game, why did we absolutely take them apart, when we couldn’t seemingly string two passes together before.

Guest Andy W
12 minutes ago, d-man said:

But we obviously aren’t!

that’s my point, why that game, why did we absolutely take them apart, when we couldn’t seemingly string two passes together before.

I believe the word you are looking for is fluke....blades won at man utd somehow

They put up a stat saying our conversion rate was 4% over the season and 80% against Cardiff. 

Even in the QPR game we wasted plenty of chances / decent positions. 

Poor finishing plus a defence that looked like they had never met had the usual outcome. 

To be fair in the Cardiff game they had chances too but for once our luck held.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

They put up a stat saying our conversion rate was 4% over the season and 80% against Cardiff. 

Even in the QPR game we wasted plenty of chances / decent positions. 

Poor finishing plus a defence that looked like they had never met had the usual outcome. 

To be fair in the Cardiff game they had chances too but for once our luck held.

According to the expected goals stats, we should have beaten QPR. Conversely, according to https://experimental361.com/2021/04/06/championship-timelines-5-6-apr-2021/ we should have lost (!) to Cardiff, but other sites Ihttps://footystats.org/england/sheffield-wednesday-fc-vs-cardiff-city-fc-h2h-stats#1079266https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/english-football-league-championship/sheff-wed-vs-cardiff-2021-04-05/77640) say otherwise.

42 minutes ago, d-man said:

But we obviously aren’t!

It's the ridiculous inconsistency that makes us pants and is the reason we'll be playing in the 3rd division next season.