Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

“Gutted I can’t be with the lads today, rest assured we won’t go down without a fight” 

 

Cue his fan club spaffing themselves about how on his day he’s “The best in the division” and some useless stats that show he’s better than joe wildsmith.

 

Well no doubt about he is , even his haters can't argue against that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

Well no doubt about he is , even his haters can't argue against that.

i dont think anyone hates westwood , he's been a class act for us until the last  2 or 3 years when time and injuries have caught up with him ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

Well no doubt about he is , even his haters can't argue against that.

 

One his day he is a good Championship keeper but those days are too infrequent between injuries and falling out with managers for him to be offered another contract.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

One his day he is a good Championship keeper but those days are too infrequent between injuries and falling out with managers for him to be offered another contract.

 

I didn't say he should but he's still far better than Wildsmith will ever be.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

One his day he is a good Championship keeper but those days are too infrequent between injuries and falling out with managers for him to be offered another contract.

 

True, not many are saying we should give him a new contract are they? 

We gave 2 other keepers bumper long contracts though so we are fine, how is Dawson doing fitness wise? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

True, not many are saying we should give him a new contract are they? 

We gave 2 other keepers bumper long contracts though so we are fine, how is Dawson doing fitness wise? 

 

No got a clue but no one is saying Dawson is best keeper in Division based on performances from 5 years ago.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It that from all the laughing when he looks at what we pay him to never actually play.

 

I surprised Luongo and Dunkley don't have the same injury.

 

#wellrunfootballclub

 

Westwood has been fit for longer and played more games than Luongo or Dunkley, despite missing half the season frozen out.

 

Those two have been a complete waste of money. How many different  injuries has Luongo had?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

Well no doubt about he is , even his haters can't argue against that.

He can be as good as lev Yashin for all it matters. In fact we would probably get more games out of yashin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

 

No got a clue but no one is saying Dawson is best keeper in Division based on performances from 5 years ago.

 

When was the last time many people said that of Westwood? Just seems like something people keep repeating over and over again despite very few people actually claiming that he is at that level anymore. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 83owl said:

He can be as good as lev Yashin for all it matters. In fact we would probably get more games out of yashin.

 

Yeah, I'd put Dawson in goal instead.......

 

Oh wait, what's that, he's been injured for 4 months? Surprised we don't have a weekly thread about him too....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Yeah, I'd put Dawson in goal instead.......

 

Oh wait, what's that, he's been injured for 4 months? Surprised we don't have a weekly thread about him too....

Start a thread about Dawson if you want, I’ve never started one myself however I’m pretty sure it’s easy to do.
I imagine the main reason we don’t have continental threads about him however is because he’s not injured very often. Unlike crockwood. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i dont think anyone hates westwood , he's been a class act for us until the last  2 or 3 years when time and injuries have caught up with him ....

 

I don't think you need you look that far for evidence of the contrary ⬇️

 

He will say he doesn't hate Westwood yet vents his spleen every time there is a thread about him.

 

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Start a thread about Dawson if you want, I’ve never started one myself however I’m pretty sure it’s easy to do.
I imagine the main reason we don’t have continental threads about him however is because he’s not injured very often. Unlike crockwood. 

 

 

I won't start a thread about Dawson, don't think there's a need to start one about his injury every week, as is the case with Westwood. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Fantastic keeper for Wednesday 

no hard feelings just lots of good memories of a very good keeper

 

But times up. He simply has to go

If you want change you can’t keep holding onto the past 

One of my favourite ever players hands down an absolute hero shocking what Jos was allowed to do, Sam was so down honestly almost defeated by it all, glad he found his way just a shame how his career has gone overall 

 

Keiren you are an inspiration good luck 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Yeah, I'd put Dawson in goal instead.......

 

Oh wait, what's that, he's been injured for 4 months? Surprised we don't have a weekly thread about him too....

 

Dawson doesnt get threads about him because no one posts stuff like about him:

 

9 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

One of my favourite ever players hands down an absolute hero shocking what Jos was allowed to do, Sam was so down honestly almost defeated by it all, glad he found his way just a shame how his career has gone overall 

 

Keiren you are an inspiration good luck 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the odd occasion he does play you can almost  hear his body creaking from the comfort of your armchair , which , in itself , is yet another example of our appalling mis-management that he is still first choice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

I don't think you need you look that far for evidence of the contrary ⬇️

 

He will say he doesn't hate Westwood yet vents his spleen every time there is a thread about him.

 

 

 

I won't start a thread about Dawson, don't think there's a need to start one about his injury every week, as is the case with Westwood. 

How can you hate a man who earns £1m+ a year and picks and chooses when he goes to work. He’s living the dream. 

Dawson suffered a single injury a few months ago hence there’s no new thread.  Crockwood is back to his rib injury, or is it his shoulder, or groin it’s hard to keep up sometimes.
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, 83owl said:

How can you hate a man who earns £1m+ a year and picks and chooses when he goes to work. He’s living the dream. 

Dawson suffered a single injury a few months ago hence there’s no new thread.  Crockwood is back to his rib injury, or is it his shoulder, or groin it’s hard to keep up sometimes.
 

 

To add, 1. You have no proof Westwood is faking injuries.

 

2. He is 36. Dawson is 25.
 

When Westwood was 21-26, he completed 46, 46, 46, 44, 41 games in successive seasons. 

 

So Dawson’s injury record (its 2 injuries in this block) at that age is actually considerably worse than Westwood’s was. perspective eh.

 

We obviously need rid of Westwood in the summer and we will do, but no point hating on a bloke because he’s now a crock in his late 30s and accuse him of faking it. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To add, 1. You have no proof Westwood is faking injuries.

 

2. He is 36. Dawson is 25.
 

When Westwood was 21-26, he completed 46, 46, 46, 44, 41 games in successive seasons. 

 

So Dawson’s injury record (its 2 injuries in this block) at that age is actually considerably worse than Westwood’s was. perspective eh.

 

We obviously need rid of Westwood in the summer and we will do, but no point hating on a bloke because he’s now a crock in his late 30s and accuse him of faking it. 

 

 

 

 

Stats from 10 years ago when he played for someone else 😂 brilliant.

 

Whats next Jordan Rhodes goalscoring record at Huddersfield or Almen Abdis record for Watford? Maybe we should be signing Wickham again because he played 30 odd games in 2010? 
 

The fact is “Westy” is held up as this beacon of light and his “freezing out” was given as the main reason for our poor form the second half of last season and the start of this season, yet since the return of the prodigal goalkeeper we have got worse. We have been stuck paying out to possibly the most expensive keeper in the championship who has already been sacked off by his country, is unable to play for most of the time and are unable to bring anyone else in because he won’t leave. 
 

He’s the only footballer I’ve ever heard of who has apparently played for two weeks with an undiagnosed broken rib, to then have it confirmed by a scan to then suffer a relapse of a broken rib during a warm up then even the manager said pre Watford he had another scan and was all clear yet he’s still unavailable.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...