5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Stats from 10 years ago when he played for someone else 😂 brilliant.

Whats next Jordan Rhodes goalscoring record at Huddersfield or Almen Abdis record for Watford? Maybe we should be signing Wickham again because he played 30 odd games in 2010? 

The fact is “Westy” is held up as this beacon of light and his “freezing out” was given as the main reason for our poor form the second half of last season and the start of this season, yet since the return of the prodigal goalkeeper we have got worse. We have been stuck paying out to possibly the most expensive keeper in the championship who has already been sacked off by his country, is unable to play for most of the time and are unable to bring anyone else in because he won’t leave. 

He’s the only footballer I’ve ever heard of who has apparently played for two weeks with an undiagnosed broken rib, to then have it confirmed by a scan to then suffer a relapse of a broken rib during a warm up then even the manager said pre Watford he had another scan and was all clear yet he’s still unavailable.

That point wasn’t about Westwood 10 years ago though and you know it. it had nothing to do with ‘backing up Westwood’ and was all to counter your point of ‘Dawson’s only had 1 injury’

The point was you were comparing/defending the injury record of a 25 year old keeper against a now 36 year old crock. 

And Dawson and Wildsmith are both more injury prone at that age than he was! 

I said we should get rid of Westwood but you bend your point to make it sound like I want him to stay. Typical way of trying to manipulate something to support your aim. 

• Like 2

Got a lot of time for Westwood but unless his wages come drastically down to fall in line as second / third choice keeper ( which it won’t ) them I think it’s his last season with us 

reasons for this he simply misses too many games to be paid a top earner first choice keeper in our position 

• Like 1

Westwood is a decent keeper but at his age and injury record he’s going to be facing a hefty paycut wherever he plays next season. 
I do think another Championship club will take a punt on signing him even if he is only going to play 60% or less of games. Most clubs second choice keepers aren’t as rubbish as ours so having a good experienced keeper even if they miss quite a lot of games is still reasonable choice if he isn’t too expensive. 
Whatever happens we’ve got to get an upgrade on Westwood/ Dawson because they are really not very good at all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

In the last 3 seasons I think Dawson and Wildsmith have missed more games through injury than Westwood has 

Not what you'd expect given the comparative ages.

Not what you'd imagine based on the narrative on here either. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

See how many threads have been started about Westwood being injured and the contributions within them compared to Luongo. 

Luongo doesn't "barely get mentioned" though. That was the point. There were loads of people calling him a "crock" on here the other day.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So the amount of attention a player gets for being injured should be based on his salary? 

How much does Luongo earn? 

With the Club having a points deduction and pending relegation as a consequence you ask that??...course people are going to focus on the high earners,Luongo salary? my guess would be less than half of WW but who knows? Still a lot of money..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

With the Club having a points deduction and pending relegation as a consequence you ask that??...course people are going to focus on the high earners,Luongo salary? my guess would be less than half of WW but who knows? Still a lot of money..

The amount we pay out in wages is a problem. The salary doesn't dictate who can get struck by injury. 

What do these weekly threads about Westwood being injured achieve exactly? He is 10 years older than his goalkeeping compatriots yet has apparently missed less games than them through injury in the last 3 seasons.  

• Like 2

Westwood gets more threads on here because he is high profile player as he was a key player in a successful season 5 years ago.

Other players who are at the club like Bannan and Hutchinson also get more discussed on here then most other players for similar reasons.

It was Bruce that wanted him to remain as keeper. He was fantastic when he came back under him but has not had the momentum ever since.

Hes been a quality player for us, the equivalent of a star striker. But I think it’s clear between both parties it will be time to part ways. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The amount we pay out in wages is a problem. The salary doesn't dictate who can get struck by injury. 

What do these weekly threads about Westwood being injured achieve exactly? He is 10 years older than his goalkeeping compatriots yet has apparently missed less games than them through injury in the last 3 seasons.  

They achieve allowing forum members to air their views on a topic they are interested   in.....thats it,doesn't have to 'achieve' any more than that....though we have been told that forums such as ours do allegedly have an effect....

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

It was Bruce that wanted him to remain as keeper. He was fantastic when he came back under him but has not had the momentum ever since.

Hes been a quality player for us, the equivalent of a star striker. But I think it’s clear between both parties it will be time to part ways. 

Ahhh  yesss,BRUCE ....the man who left us to manage his boyhood Club.....if only he had stayed....it could be us now climbing the heights of the Premiership,instead of Newcastle....OH well actually SB and the right said Freds,arnt doing too well are they? never mind,and at least the supporters  love them..Eh? There not? oh well.....cant have everything................

• Like 1

16 hours ago, parajack said:

This is one of the common misconceptions though.. everyone thinks Westwood is on 30k when he won’t be. Maybe he was between 2016-19 but he will have had a pay cut in exchange for a 2 year deal in 2019. Would guess at about 20k. 

And Luongo will be on about 20k too. International midfielder, lots of experience at Championship level, first choice first team player. The idea that he’s on less than half of Westwood’s wage is way off