2 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If you average the points we got under Bruce in those 18 games out over a full season we'd have finished in the Play Offs, 6th in 18/19 and 4th in 19/20.

While I full accept the club is, and has been, a mess for a while. A top manager, which Bruce is at this level, can still do well. Him leaving sent the club into a tailspin it didn't need after the year wasted with Jos.

But we didnt get those points over a 'full' season did we? If i had been born 6 feet 4 inchs(in old money) tall,i might have made a decent centre half,instead of a left back...IF...IF IF.......You judge a manager on his results,SB didnt make the play offs with us,and he is battling relegation with Newcastle....

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I always find the disrespect on here and other sites for Westwood really strange. 

This is a guy for his first two seasons especially was unbelievable. That first season under Gray he single handedly kept us up. 

He was arguably the only player to turn up at Wembley and kept us in that game. He’s broke the clean sheet record a few times. 

HE COST NOTHING and has delivered time and time again. He has had a handful of bad games in half a decade. 

He is 36 now. It’s a testament to him he is still our best keeper by a mile but it’s not his fault age is catching up with him and he’s getting injured regularly.

So the”Westy” mockery is beyond belief.

Then look at Jordan Rhodes as an example. Cost us 10m. Earns as much, probably more than Westwood. Has contributed next to nothing for this club and certainly has not performed to the levels Westwood has consistently done. 

Yet the support for Rhodes is quite unreal.

Is that not a little strange? 

I for one will be very sad when Westwood leaves us. Some great memories and unlike most of this current team you always knew he played with his heart on his sleeve and winning mattered to him

WW cost us nothing??? have you added his reported wages up,in the time he has been here?  MILLIONS....

2 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If you average the points we got under Bruce in those 18 games out over a full season we'd have finished in the Play Offs, 6th in 18/19 and 4th in 19/20.

While I full accept the club is, and has been, a mess for a while. A top manager, which Bruce is at this level, can still do well. Him leaving sent the club into a tailspin it didn't need after the year wasted with Jos.

If you average the points we won last season until the loss to stoke and disregard the rest then we would finish 3rd. Pretty Easy this game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Can i ask who the hell WW is? 

I know we have a lot of old crocks but William Wallace is pushing it 

I would pick him before Wildsmith or Dawson .....hanging between the sticks he would save more,wih the ball bouncing off him...

Just now, parajack said:

Withdraw your application for the Krypton factor mate........we already know it........0

I know who it refers to, what I don't know is why you persistently use what is, no doubt, a childish nickname to refer to him. It's okay to use his name and yet still criticize him if criticize him is what you want to do. This is what adults usually do, by the way.

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Penalties are a complete lottery though. Every player should score but when pressure gets to you certain players crumble.

The last penalty Rhodes took before that he missed away at Leeds.

Maybe.

A 30K a week striker who has taken penalties throughout his career should not relinquish responsibility and leave it to comparative novices though. 

2 hours ago, parajack said:

But we didnt get those points over a 'full' season did we? If i had been born 6 feet 4 inchs(in old money) tall,i might have made a decent centre half,instead of a left back...IF...IF IF.......You judge a manager on his results,SB didnt make the play offs with us,and he is battling relegation with Newcastle....

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

If you average the points we won last season until the loss to stoke and disregard the rest then we would finish 3rd. Pretty Easy this game.

Both have missed my point.

The comment was that there was NO CHANCE of getting into the Premier League under any manager. If Bruce had stayed and continued the good work he was doing then he might have achieved a similar level of points. That isn't that much of a stretch of the imagination.

We'll never know.

6 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

The comment was that there was NO CHANCE of getting into the Premier League under any manager. If Bruce had stayed and continued the good work he was doing then he might have achieved a similar level of points. That isn't that much of a stretch of the imagination.

We'll never know.

We havnt missed anything,we both disagree with the conclusion you have drawn,based on a projection of 'possible' results under Bruce....sheer fantasy football.Hows Bruce doing now in the Premier League?

9 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

We'll never know.

Did you not see the play off final,against Hull? or the matchs against Huddersfield? both teams who went onto achieve premier League status|? You still think we had NO chance of getting to the PL? We know we didnt achieve it,but the opportunity WAS there...

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

Did you not see the play off final,against Hull? or the matchs against Huddersfield? both teams who went onto achieve premier League status|? You still think we had NO chance of getting to the PL? We know we didnt achieve it,but the opportunity WAS there...

Mate, my point is exactly that there WAS a chance.

Read it back.

Edited by TomtheOwl95
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cowl said:

I know who it refers to, what I don't know is why you persistently use what is, no doubt, a childish nickname to refer to him. It's okay to use his name and yet still criticize him if criticize him is what you want to do. This is what adults usually do, by the way.

Guess what? i dont need you to approve my post style or content,or your permission to praise/critique player(s).....So now we understand each other,as you say,you knew who it referred to,but choose to put a childish reply.....Is that what 'adults' do? by the way?..

5 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Mate, my point is exactly that there WAS a chance.

Read it back.

Just did,your marking your own homework mate,Quote: TomtheOwl95

The comment was that there was NO CHANCE of getting into the Premier League under any manager.    

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Just did,your marking your own homework mate,Quote: TomtheOwl95

The comment was that there was NO CHANCE of getting into the Premier League under any manager.    

The comment I'm referring to is the one I originally quoted from sheffwed1, not my own.

"Never in a million years would we be in the premier league under Bruce or under anyone. 
This club has been heading one way for years now and it’s clear why."

Hence why I mentioned Bruce's points totals.

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Guess what? i dont need you to approve my post style or content,or your permission to praise/critique player(s).....So now we understand each other,as you say,you knew who it referred to,but choose to put a childish reply.....Is that what 'adults' do? by the way?..

Word of advice, when you have a point to make about a player, you weaken it as soon as you resort to using needlessly childish nicknames for them. It just makes it seem inexplicably personal for you.

I say this for your own sake because obviously gobbing off about Westwood is something you feel a great need to do.