Darren Moore on improving the team

20 minutes ago, parajack said:

JR as lone striker Jim ?  whens that ever worked? not his forte mate...

He doesn’t I agree. The trick is to get the attacking three as close to him as possible. As the number 10 (literally) you’re looking at Bannan to thread the ball through for him. I’d back Rhodes to take these type of chances over Paterson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parajack said:

I dont knock a manager for the sake of it Jim,but i agree with him mate.....what point trying to get players low on confidence and alleged ability,to try to learn and start playing a new style? There are still games enough left to avoid relegation and the team is not set up to play  with

a lone striker.....

Next season,yes go for it,with new players recruited for said style,and a full pre season to get it right,but now?  352 or 442 surely is the way with the players we have

They've played with no style for a couple of seasons now.  I salute DM for trying to bring a bit of style back to the club. Don't care if it's bell bottoms or a greasy quiff. I'll just take a style....any style.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 09:18, @owlstalk said:

You don't get a quick fix overnight.

We try and dripfeed information to the group without giving too much and making things complicated. It takes time to implement your ideas.

This is an intelligent enough squad and they have got the ability. It is about applying it and getting that consistency.

I look for performance and the consistency of the performance. That has to be the biggest thing I drive with this group.

The players have to remember they are good players and highly elite footballers.

There is still a lot to play for and we look no further than the game at the weekend.

We know it will be tough and we will play against one of the most in-form teams in the league.

We look forward to the challenge that it presents itself.

It takes clear focus and mindset and that constant reminder to the group of they have proven they are big players.

They have proven they are not good enough and are gutless. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The instant bile towards Moore by quite a few of our fans is really sad.

He has taken over a sunken ship with all its passengers out of contract and not guarenteed wages.

At this stage I just hope we win a few but we will go down.

Hopefully he is here for the rebuild next season which is when we can really judge him.

Mate we have eyes,if we disagree with his current tactics its our right....ive been a Wednesday supporter for 60 Years

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Got a feeling DM needs a big performance. tomoro

Hev will get one ,but not like what you mean.....Barnsley today, SUPERB....goal down,came out fighting, great tactical substitutions and never say die.....3-2 winners  if only we had one hundredth of that desire

2 hours ago, Jim said:

He doesn’t I agree. The trick is to get the attacking three as close to him as possible. As the number 10 (literally) you’re looking at Bannan to thread the ball through for him. I’d back Rhodes to take these type of chances over Paterson.

BB drops way too far back Jim for that to happen....

13 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

They've played with no style for a couple of seasons now.  I salute DM for trying to bring a bit of style back to the club. Don't care if it's bell bottoms or a greasy quiff. I'll just take a style....any style.

There are enough points left for us to remain a Championship Club....whilst ever that is the case,we should be playing to a system that gives us the biggest chance of winning games....Playing out from the back with a lone striker doesn't in my view do that,and its not 'stylish' either..

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

There are enough points left for us to remain a Championship Club....whilst ever that is the case,we should be playing to a system that gives us the biggest chance of winning games....Playing out from the back with a lone striker doesn't in my view do that,and its not 'stylish' either..

I think you missed the light-hearted attempt at a joke.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think you missed the light-hearted attempt at a joke.

Yeah its still early,and i havnt been up long!! The bottle of wine i knocked back last night seemed a good idea at the time.....saved another for today,ive an idea i might need it after todays game.....jokes on me your right

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Yeah its still early,and i havnt been up long!! The bottle of wine i knocked back last night seemed a good idea at the time.....saved another for today,ive an idea i might need it after todays game.....jokes on me your right

No worries mate.

• Like 1

I think DM will do well given time and a massive clear out but,I also thought Jos was a calculated move,Monk a breath of fresh air and Pulis a  good pair a steady hands to guide us out of self destruction and save us from oblivion to resurrect our beloved team and take us on to pastures new with a flare and style to match.....!!!!!!!!!

So ignore everything i think or say IMO......

UTO....