Darren Moore on improving the team

You don't get a quick fix overnight.

We try and dripfeed information to the group without giving too much and making things complicated. It takes time to implement your ideas.

This is an intelligent enough squad and they have got the ability. It is about applying it and getting that consistency.

I look for performance and the consistency of the performance. That has to be the biggest thing I drive with this group.

The players have to remember they are good players and highly elite footballers.

There is still a lot to play for and we look no further than the game at the weekend.

We know it will be tough and we will play against one of the most in-form teams in the league.

We look forward to the challenge that it presents itself.

It takes clear focus and mindset and that constant reminder to the group of they have proven they are big players.

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't get a quick fix overnight.

We try and dripfeed information to the group without giving too much and making things complicated. It takes time to implement your ideas.

This is an intelligent enough squad and they have got the ability. It is about applying it and getting that consistency.

I look for performance and the consistency of the performance. That has to be the biggest thing I drive with this group.

The players have to remember they are good players and highly elite footballers.

There is still a lot to play for and we look no further than the game at the weekend.

We know it will be tough and we will play against one of the most in-form teams in the league.

We look forward to the challenge that it presents itself.

It takes clear focus and mindset and that constant reminder to the group of they have proven they are big players.

inspirational stuff

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Moore’s done nothing to show he knows what he’s doing

Just another cr@p manager who’ll fail with our cr@p players

Our chances went when Bruce went to the Geordies 

I fear you may be right....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Our chances went when Bruce went to the Geordies 

Based on 2 games and only 2 weeks at the club. To change this team is going to take much more than an instant miracle turnaround. 

Moore needs time. 

Edited by SwellOwl
😆
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Give him the half of next season in League doom and then see then.

Noone could change this bunch of wasters now.  It's done.

And only a miracle and the promise of a million pound bonus per player may do anything

Can the bonus be paid in installments of tab ends found on the floor after the first time fans are allowed in? 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Give him the half of next season in League doom and then see then.

Noone could change this bunch of wasters now.  It's done.

And only a miracle and the promise of a million pound bonus per player may do anything

I’m afraid it’s going to take longer than half a season to sort this out. If young prospects like Shaw are leaving (and good luck to him), DM’s got to source the players he needs, and then turn them into a team. With a following wind I reckon 2 seasons in L1, minimum and that’s with proper backing from above. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Based on 2 games and only 2 weeks at the club. To change this team is going to take much more than an instant miracle turnaround. 

Moore needs time. 

Going to take more than an instant miracle turnaround?

How's that work ?

Personally I think I'd take one if it came along !

25 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I’m afraid it’s going to take longer than half a season to sort this out. If young prospects like Shaw are leaving (and good luck to him), DM’s got to source the players he needs, and then turn them into a team. With a following wind I reckon 2 seasons in L1, minimum and that’s with proper backing from above. 

Fully appreciate that, but we should get some marker on Moore's ability within the next 30 games

Edited by quinnssweetshop

16 minutes ago, the monk said:

Going to take more than an instant miracle turnaround?

How's that work ?

Personally I think I'd take one if it came along !

A quick fix. Fans seem to think Managers can just instantly turn a side that has been completely awful for 18 months into a better side. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I know more about the players and they know about me. I’ve had one or two meetings with individuals.

I’ve had that this week and long may that continue building.

Hopefully meetings like "hi....(insert name) you are not good enough...find a new club..bye"

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

Our chances went when Bruce went to the GeordieGeordie

Nice to see you have given him a chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1