Blessing in disguise

Let’s push through any costs we are trying to mitigate into the previous years accounts...and what’s left over into last years accounts get both sets published take an embargo and further points deduction if that’s what’s needed and wipe the slate absolutely clean. 

Any player not willing to sign an extension on reduced terms or is not under contract for next season needs to stay at home and we pick squads from what’s left for the remaining games.

Our season is over.

If there’s any remote chance we could face any further sanctions on spending we need to get it done now so it gives us a chance next season.

Utterly depressing state of affairs. No direction, complete disarray from top to bottom.

Trying to be positive now is the time to start from scratch, give DM time, let’s see what he can do in league 1 next season...but it’s a hell of a rebuild he’s got on his hands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

Let’s push through any costs we are trying to mitigate into the previous years accounts...and what’s left over into last years accounts get both sets published take an embargo and further points deduction if that’s what’s needed and wipe the slate absolutely clean. 

Any player not willing to sign an extension on reduced terms or is not under contract for next season needs to stay at home and we pick squads from what’s left for the remaining games.

Our season is over.

If there’s any remote chance we could face any further sanctions on spending we need to get it done now so it gives us a chance next season.

Utterly depressing state of affairs. No direction, complete disarray from top to bottom.

Trying to be positive now is the time to start from scratch, give DM time, let’s see what he can do in league 1 next season...but it’s a hell of a rebuild he’s got on his hands.

With you 100% on this

4 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

You do realise that will relegate us again?

From Division 1 to Division 2

Think about that for a second

Although to be fair it's probably coming anyway if we're all honest as I don't imagine the late accounts will show us lots of happiness and joy

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Our season is over.

I am a bit lost here? Are you saying get everything on the table warts and all so we get a second points deduction this season because we are already relegated?

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I am a bit lost here? Are you saying get everything on the table warts and all so we get a second points deduction this season because we are already relegated?

I don't think so
I think he's saying take all the punishment headed our way, get it over and done with and then crack in with a fresh start

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I don't think so
I think he's saying take all the punishment headed our way, get it over and done with and then crack in with a fresh start

But as you said. If we take all the punishment heading our way we will be stating on points deductions and embargo’s next season and will go down again. That doesn’t sound like a great idea. Will probably come about anyway but best to at least try and avoid it. 

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

Fully agree. DM gets at least a year as a free hit until we can begin to start again. I wouldn't judge him until the 22/23 season.  

I was on Twitter earlier tonight

Let's just say it's a good job that Darren Moore isn't on Twitter, or if he IS then it'\s a good job our fans haven't found him on there yet

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

What I’m saying is there’s a half decent chance we may start on minus points next season with our account “issues” as a club we are in a complete mess. 

This club hasn’t reached the bottom yet IMO

I think there will be a point in the future where we will fondly remember these days as when times weren’t too bad!

No one knows where rock bottom really is until, you start falling...

Just now, Box_Man said:

This club hasn’t reached the bottom yet IMO

Which is why there is no “blessing in disguise” here. 

There’s nothing clever or constructive going on here. Every time Wednesday hit adversity it snowballs and the entire club irreversibly regresses. 

The way out of this is Chansiri selling up. As in, immediately. A points deduction for the League One season will see us in League Two.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Which is why there is no “blessing in disguise” here. 

There’s nothing clever or constructive going on here. Every time Wednesday hit adversity it snowballs and the entire club irreversibly regresses. 

The way out of this is Chansiri selling up. As in, immediately. A points deduction for the League One season will see us in League Two.

Careful what you wish for.

22 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Our season is over.

No way! 

We needed to stay up at all cost that has past ...the only thing that can save us is Chansiri selling this mess at a lower price ...he needs forcing out .

If we say let's wipe the slate clean we will be in L2 playing Sutton United and then probably have another hmrc issue come up.

We need him out he is killing the club that's the only blessing I can see .