What now for Neil Thompson

I think he'll be kept in for the rest of this season to help the transition go as smoothly as possible then back to his old role next season.

Also he'll be ready to step in as caretaker again when Chansiri sacks Moore with 4 games to go.

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Is there room for both Thompson and Bullen to stay?

We do seem to be well overloaded with these background merchants

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What have they done wrong? (specifically)

Nothing ..but seein as dm as brought 2 assistants with him there does seem to be a lot of assistant assistants etc..how many do we need?

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Nothing ..but seein as dm as brought 2 assistants with him there does seem to be a lot of assistant assistants etc..how many do we need?

I guess that's up to the new manager really

I'm sure he wouldn't just stockpile staff he doesn't need

If they've done nothing wrong and the new manager wants them that's fine by me!

Owlstalk Shop

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What have they done wrong? (specifically)

Not saying that they have done wrong but just asking whether given DM has brought in two of his own if there is still room for them both in the structure

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I'd imagine most professional clubs have quite a few coaching staff. I'm certainly no expert but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fair bit of small group work. For example players on the fringes of the team might do more fitness work than those playing 90 minutes twice a week, players recovering from injury might do some separate sessions, different positions training in groups etc.

On 01/03/2021 at 12:16, pazowl55 said:

I hope he is allowed to stay, but if Moore thinks he knows better people for the job then I would be ok with that also.

That's the best attitude to have for me, if you can get someone in better always try to do that. It does 3 things attracts better prospects, freshens things up and keeps people on their toes. 

• Like 1

Think Thompson deserves to stay. If his new role is to work with senior U23s and work as a coach to those bridging the youth sides and the first team, well based on his record as manager and his history of youth coaching, that sounds like a very fair job for the bloke.

Oh, and massive thanks Neil Thompson. We're still down in the gutter, but it honestly feels like at least there was a man at the tiller trying to keep the ship straight... and it hasn't felt like that for months. Commendable stuff.

• Like 1

He was put into an impossible situation and done the best he can and for that we should thank him.

Personally I think there is a lot wrong with the club all the way from the man at the top, the recruitment team, the coaches, PR and communication team and the first team.

I'd like to see a new scouting and recruitment team. Id like to see new coaches in the U18 and U23's.

Think the club needs a clear out from the old and new people in. 

Guest Therealrealist
16 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He was put into an impossible situation and done the best he can and for that we should thank him.

Personally I think there is a lot wrong with the club all the way from the man at the top, the recruitment team, the coaches, PR and communication team and the first team.

I'd like to see a new scouting and recruitment team. Id like to see new coaches in the U18 and U23's.

Think the club needs a clear out from the old and new people in. 

Would deffo agree with ah clear out..out with the old and in with the new