Milan Mandaric?

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He bought our club,  did some amazing PR to get fans on side and 'love' him, and sold the club for a profit

He's a cold businessman - nothing  more

The buying of the club was to make a profit - nothing more

He sold to anyone he could to make a profit - nothing more

He was genuinely amazing at what he does - get a club that's in dire straits, keep it ticking over and find a buyer

I do remember Manderic offering his help and advice to the new owner who admitted he knew nothing about football. Pity he has never seen fit to take him up on the offer.

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mandaric did not 'save' our club

He bought a tragic situation, did some PR to make it look amazing, and sold it to anyone who would buy it

He couldn't give one jot about our situation right now - quite rightly - because he's a cold hard businessman who made a profit from selling a messed up business

If he didn't save the club, who else would have paid off the HMRC debt that saw us in the verge of liquidation? 

Yes he bought us because he knew he could profit eventually, but if he hadn't bothered I don't remember there being a load of alternative owners/investors queuing up... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We all fell for the Mandaric PR machine.

I hope when/if DC moves on we don’t get caught up in all that nonsense again. Let’s not defer to these people who are at the end of the day just in it for themselves.

Trouble is where can we find someone who has the club at heart with enough money to take us on.

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Milan Mandaric is not responsible for Sheffield Wednesdays situation in 2021.

Sold the club to a bloke who had the resources to take up a level which he did (As well as making a profit for himself obviously).

He didn't have a crystal ball that it would slowly fall appear after a couple of years.

Agreed.

That and the fact he saved us from a high court winding up order, which seems to have been conveniently forgotten about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maggiemax said:

I will always be grateful to Milan Mandaric for what he did for our club. However, I can’t help feeling that he let us down when handing the club on. He always promised to hand on to someone to take us further than he could but first nearly lumbered us with Hafiz Mammadov, who was skint, and then landed us with Chansiri who we are assured has money but knows nothing about running a football club and thinks fans are “customers”. Is Milan’s halo slipping?

I guess Portsmouth fans have a similar view too

The football we know, supporting your team through thick and thin, meeting your mates and shouting from the terraces is a world away from the business opportunities it can present to people like Milan Mandaric.

He was never in it for the ‘love’ and I can never understand why anyone would believe any owner if they said they was. There are some exceptions to the rule of course. Fergus McCann took on Celtic when it was on the brink in the early/Mid-nineties, came up with a fans share issue, injected a shed load of cash himself and rebuilt the stadium. He knew both sides - the emotional ties of being a Celtic fan and through his business success, the money that could be made if the initial spending was spent correctly.

Mandaric did the job he said he would. The club finished higher each season than the previous one and was eventually sold onto someone with more cash. If anyone fell for the lovey dovey stuff along the way, then more fool them. It was business and nothing more.

Chansiri though.. A different story. At first it looked ok. Pearson and Roeder on board. Football men from on and off the pitch. As soon as they went, along with anyone else possessing experience within the game it was clear that the only way it was going wasn’t going to be upwards.

This is going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets any better the longer this charlatan remains at the club. 

• Like 1

From where we were Mandy did a  outstanding job of turning us around and making us an attractive platform for an investor to come in and take us to the next level, it’s not his fault that the new owner would make a right pigs ear of it . 
Aldridge even stayed on for the first 12 months but from what I have heard was never utilised enough 

When Chansiri comes to sell he won’t care who he sells it to, only that they have the funds to pay pretty much like Manderic.

So as it stands at the moment love him or hate him Chansiri holds the Ace card on the integrity of any new owner.

However should we ever be put into Administration the the Administrators will be responsible for checking the integrity of any potential buyer(in addition to final sanction by the EFL.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to come our way.