Milan Mandaric?

I will always be grateful to Milan Mandaric for what he did for our club. However, I can’t help feeling that he let us down when handing the club on. He always promised to hand on to someone to take us further than he could but first nearly lumbered us with Hafiz Mammadov, who was skint, and then landed us with Chansiri who we are assured has money but knows nothing about running a football club and thinks fans are “customers”. Is Milan’s halo slipping?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, maggiemax said:

I will always be grateful to Milan Mandaric for what he did for our club. However, I can’t help feeling that he let us down when handing the club on. He always promised to hand on to someone to take us further than he could but first nearly lumbered us with Hafiz Mammadov, who was skint, and then landed us with Chansiri who we are assured has money but knows nothing about running a football club and thinks fans are “customers”. Is Milan’s halo slipping?

No one could have foreseen how bat 💩 crazy DC was and the evil 🦹‍♀️ influence of Stuffing Balls.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, maggiemax said:

He never had much of a halo but he could not wait to get rid and to anybody who would pay. Our supporters trust ought to contact him for help though

• Haha 1

To be fair to Manby he sold us on to backers with some coin. 

That they spaffed  £40m plus on random players  with to coherent plan about how they might fit in can't be laid at his door. 

Had there been genuine planning in place we could have been in the premier league by now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maggiemax said:

He’d have sold us to the devil if the money was right.....I’m not bothered what he said....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He bought our club,  did some amazing PR to get fans on side and 'love' him, and sold the club for a profit

He's a cold businessman - nothing  more

The buying of the club was to make a profit - nothing more

He sold to anyone he could to make a profit - nothing more

He was genuinely amazing at what he does - get a club that's in dire straits, keep it ticking over and find a buyer

Was always his intention, but saving the club and getting us promoted probably got the fans onside more than any PR!

The only way Chansiri will see any of his money back is if we are promoted to the Premiership, which we will never do whilst he owns the club!

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Was always his intention, but saving the club and getting us promoted probably got the fans onside more than any PR!

The only way Chansiri will see any of his money back is if we are promoted to the Premiership, which we will never do whilst he owns the club!

Mandaric did not 'save' our club

He bought a tragic situation, did some PR to make it look amazing, and sold it to anyone who would buy it

He couldn't give one jot about our situation right now - quite rightly - because he's a cold hard businessman who made a profit from selling a messed up business

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

why don't DC seek Mandaric's knowledge as i'm sure he'd help. Afterall DC said from day 1 he wasn't a football person so employed advisors who advised him badly but how was DC to know how bad the advisors were going to be cos he's not a footballing man. :duntmatter:

Just now, S1Owl said:

why don't DC seek Mandaric's knowledge as i'm sure he'd help. 

Imagine that

DC calls Milan

"I need help - what should I do?"

"Sack your advisors, let your staff do their jobs at the club, engage positively with the fans so they fall for a myth that you love them and the club"

"No ta"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

why don't DC seek Mandaric's knowledge as i'm sure he'd help. Afterall DC said from day 1 he wasn't a football person so employed advisors who advised him badly but how was DC to know how bad the advisors were going to be cos he's not a footballing man. :duntmatter:

Mandaric could have stressed the importance of key U.K. football advisers and warned of relying on current people. MM said he cared. Mind you he still might be the one man DC would listen to. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We all fell for the Mandaric PR machine.

I hope when/if DC moves on we don’t get caught up in all that nonsense again. Let’s not defer to these people who are at the end of the day just in it for themselves.

Who would know that when we found someone with money they wouldnt have a clue how to spend it, and then hire advisors who only care about kining their own pockets,

not MM's fault, he did what we all knew he would do, because thats what he said he would do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Mandaric could have stressed the importance of key U.K. football advisers and warned of relying on current people. MM said he cared. Mind you he still might be the one man DC would listen to. 

he did have football advisors, then got rid of them all for the flavour of stuffing

13 minutes ago, maggiemax said:

Mandaric looked after himself, he turned up at S6 paid nowt for the club, the ground and the training ground. 

Would have sold the club to the Anti Christ if he was making a profit. Then he left with around £20 million profit and next season we will be playing against Portsmouth another of his money making ventures..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine that

DC calls Milan

"I need help - what should I do?"

"Sack your advisors, let your staff do their jobs at the club, engage positively with the fans so they fall for a myth that you love them and the club"

"No ta"

Howard then.. anyone with any knowledge of running a club especially the playing side and with the club at heart. I know it's going back in time n not going to happen but somet like that has to happen as nowt else is working. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mandaric did not 'save' our club

He bought a tragic situation, did some PR to make it look amazing, and sold it to anyone who would buy it

He couldn't give one jot about our situation right now - quite rightly - because he's a cold hard businessman who made a profit from selling a messed up business

Totally correct.  I don’t blame Milan for selling us to Chansiri.  With the benefit of hindsight and from a fans perspective the decision so to do has been an absolute disaster for us.  Milan’s ok as he pocketed a few million.  We’d all do the same.