Milan Mandaric?

1 minute ago, S1Owl said:

Howard then.. anyone with any knowledge of running a club especially the playing side and with the club at heart. I know it's going back in time n not going to happen but somet like that has to happen as nowt else is working. 

I agree chansiri needs advice and help

However I also feel that he wouldn't accept it from anyone other than his current advisor

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine that

DC calls Milan

"I need help - what should I do?"

"Sack your advisors, let your staff do their jobs at the club, engage positively with the fans so they fall for a myth that you love them and the club"

"No ta"

Reminds me of the advice my wife gave me.

I was telling her how sore my bum was after a particularly hot curry.

She said “Ring sting’

How on earth is he going to help me?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree chansiri needs advice and help

However I also feel that he wouldn't accept it from anyone other than his current advisor

At what point does he scratch his head and decide the advice he has received is poor and change tact by getting rid of him?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He bought our club,  did some amazing PR to get fans on side and 'love' him, and sold the club for a profit

He's a cold businessman - nothing  more

The buying of the club was to make a profit - nothing more

He sold to anyone he could to make a profit - nothing more

He was genuinely amazing at what he does - get a club that's in dire straits, keep it ticking over and find a buyer

Some of us said precisely this on here at the time he sold the club, I received over a hundred negs if I remember rightly for saying pretty much what you posted .

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

At what point does he scratch his head and decide the advice he has received is poor and change tact by getting rid of him?

Maybe he can’t get rid of him? 

Every other senior member of staff at the club have lasted 5 minutes under DC. So it’s very strange how Paixao has managed to stay on board for the past 5/6 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Maybe he can’t get rid of him? 

Every other senior member of staff at the club have lasted 5 minutes under DC. So it’s very strange how Paixao has managed to stay on board for the past 5/6 years.

True, but DC bought the club in his own name initially.

To be fair to MM, the club was debt free after the sale. He structured the sale in instalments over 2 years so that money could be invested in the team.

That was good enough for me.

DC has made a mess of it. That is no fault of MM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The football authorities talk about fit and proper this, due diligence that - it's just rubbish. Providing there's no legal case pending for drug/people trafficking or mass genocide, the EFL would welcome anyone to the table.

No idea what motives DC has, or who and where the money's coming from but it's illogical to carry on ploughing £000,000s per year into the club.

Mandaric is and always was a football version of a venture capitalist.

Wednesday was exactly the type of club he thrives on. He buys clubs when they are at their lowest ebb with one intention, and one intention alone. To turn around the fortunes of the club as cheaply as possible and sell at the maximum return on investment. 

People must be deluded if they think there was really any emotion in his decision to sell. He would have sold to Mammadov if he had real money and Chansiri had the real money. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mandaric did not 'save' our club

He bought a tragic situation, did some PR to make it look amazing, and sold it to anyone who would buy it

He couldn't give one jot about our situation right now - quite rightly - because he's a cold hard businessman who made a profit from selling a messed up business

MM stepped in and saw an opportunity. But he did save the club from going into administration or receivership.