Steve Bruce getting abuse from Newcastle fans

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I hear you on the cancel culture - that's deffo gotta stop

I do know where you are coming from and understand many many people also think the same way 

Thanks mate, feel a bit bad disagreeing with you as you've done a top job with Owlstalk and it's providing alot of people with a vent and a much needed laugh in stressful times so appreciate you hearing out different views and having a proper forum open to debate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Thanks mate, feel a bit bad disagreeing with you as you've done a top job with Owlstalk and it's providing alot of people with a vent and a much needed laugh in stressful times so appreciate you hearing out different views and having a proper forum open to debate. 

People can always disagree with me mate if it's done in a calm friendly way - that's what this site's for
Am always happy to discuss relevant things in the right threads and happy to listen to the other side always
Remember too that I'm just an ordinary fan same as everyone else - my opinions dont matter any more than anyone elses

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That happened recently on Twitter to a local kid who posted some horrific racist and other views in a video
So so bad - and that's how he got dealt with

And his Girlfriend who was in the video  laugghing at what he was saying - she got suspended immediately from her job too

He got sacked by the local football team he managed too

Had to go into hiding though as people were looking to cave his head in

Also got arrested for the video he posted

If this was the consequence of posting vile abuse consistently it wouldn’t happen. If people knew their job was at stake for any offensive post  I reckon it would stop pretty quickly 

• Like 2

Just now, hopevalleyowl said:

If this was the consequence of posting vile abuse consistently it wouldn’t happen. If people knew their job was at stake for any offensive post  I reckon it would stop pretty quickly 

Any repercussion really

A permanent  ban from the platform, loss of their Job, family, a kicking in the street, a massive fine, getting arrested - anything

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It's reaching boiling point

Can't see how things will be allowed to continue the same way as they are doing

I can’t accept that these people can’t be traced and punished accordingly.

That happens the cowards stop .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko1992 said:

Name & shame, location, employer etc. These arseoyls need to be shown. Not just a suspension from an app. 

I would be worried that by naming and shaming people that it would become a bit vigilante.

A simple case of mistaken identity could ruin someones life..

Think it should be made easier to identify people by twitter or Facebook and anyone threatens violence etc be dealt with by the police.

• Like 1

these sickos what post evil garbage do it against anyone black/white,asian wear glasses ,has spots, bit of timber whatever but the media has an agenda that its to do with racism , its isnt these are sickos and if they can hurt someone they get pleasure , there hate crimes and i wish the media would address them as that . 99.9% of us are not racist thankfully. 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would be worried that by naming and shaming people that it would become a bit vigilante.

A simple case of mistaken identity could ruin someones life..

Think it should be made easier to identify people by twitter or Facebook and anyone threatens violence etc be dealt with by the police.

Police will do naff all. If you want to be the big man and be abusive from behind a smart phone/picture of a footballer be prepared to face the consequences. It’ll soon stop.