Steve Bruce getting abuse from Newcastle fans

1 minute ago, markowl said:

And while we've got people justifying abuse like you have, the problem will never go away.

In no way have I said the alleged tweet Alex refers to us just or justifiable. What punishment would you like to see for the person that allegedly said "I hope your dad dies of covid". I'm sure his/her account has been deleted. Are we talking fines/jail sentence? 

Just now, sharrowowl said:

In no way have I said the alleged tweet Alex refers to us just or justifiable. What punishment would you like to see for the person that allegedly said "I hope your dad dies of covid". I'm sure his/her account has been deleted.  

I bet you it hasn't

Those kind of comments/ tweets are quite regular on Twitter

Owlstalk Shop

In no way have I said the alleged tweet Alex refers to us just or justifiable. What punishment would you like to see for the person that allegedly said "I hope your dad dies of covid". I'm sure his/her account has been deleted. Are we talking fines/jail sentence? 

Well, a blasé "technically speaking it wasn't a death threat" approach is not the answer.

A visit from the police, and/or a fine must be the way forward, because banning and deleting accounts is not working.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That happened recently on Twitter to a local kid who posted some horrific racist and other views in a video
So so bad - and that's how he got dealt with

And his Girlfriend who was in the video  laugghing at what he was saying - she got suspended immediately from her job too

He got sacked by the local football team he managed too

Had to go into hiding though as people were looking to cave his head in

Also got arrested for the video he posted

I literally (still) can’t believe what I watched. 

Just now, markowl said:

Well, a blasé "technically speaking it wasn't a death threat" approach is not the answer.

A visit from the police, and/or a fine must be the way forward, because banning and deleting accounts is not working.

Ah OK. I just find that a slippery road to be going down... And we're certainly well along that road already. 

An actual death threat I would agree of course. But what Alex is alleging was said is not a death threat. That's not really arguable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharrowowl said:

Ah OK. I just find that a slippery road to be going down... And we're certainly well along that road already. 

An actual death threat I would agree of course. But what Alex is alleging was said is not a death threat. That's not really arguable. 

To be fair that was my fault for the thread title (which I have changed) 
I read it somewhere else and did the same thread tittle 

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Isn't the massive rise in racial abuse on social media more of a slippery road?

Edited by markowl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Weird how it works innit

It's ok if it's someone else but not if it happens to yourself type thing

Again, false equivalence but in reality if someone wished death on grandma on twitter (she's already dead of course) I'd probably ignore it not wanting to give them the notoriety they crave rather than going on the radio and complaining about people saying nasty things about my multi millionaire dad and encouraging the police to get involved. 

• Like 1

Again, false equivalence but in reality if someone wished death on grandma on twitter (she's already dead of course) I'd probably ignore it not wanting to give them the notoriety they crave rather than going on the radio and complaining about people saying nasty things about my multi millionaire dad and encouraging the police to get involved. 

People say stuff like this but the second relentless hate headed their way relentlessly they'd not be able to cope

We're all humans

We should be sound with one another

Not sitting posting excuses for why someone's not sound to another human

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair that was my fault for the thread title (which I have changed) 
I read it somewhere else and did the same thread tittle 

Fair dos Neil, I don't want to fall out I'm just a bit worried about this whole censorship, cancel culture thing I think it's a slippery slope. I don't think it's a police matter unless violence is directly threatened. I understand as a forum creator its a sensitive subject for you and alot of pressure to do the right thing. Totally get that. 

• Like 1

Fair dos Neil, I don't want to fall out I'm just a bit worried about this whole censorship, cancel culture thing I think it's a slippery slope. I don't think it's a police matter unless violence is directly threatened. I understand as a forum creator its a sensitive subject for you and alot of pressure to do the right thing. Totally get that. 

I hear you on the cancel culture - that's deffo gotta stop

I do know where you are coming from and understand many many people also think the same way 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop