Steve Bruce getting abuse from Newcastle fans

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Facebook is horrific in a different kind off way in how people are being programmed and misled and lied to every time they open up their facebook by some of the politicians or celebrties or people they follow or have watched videos on

The mainstream media in general has this effect on many people too, incitement is all too easy to accomplish these days.

11 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Is it actually getting worse or are we just becoming more aware and less tolerant of this kind of dip$hittery?

It's not getting worse it's just being promoted more to crack down on anything challenging modern day groupthink. Won't be long before we have "thought crimes"  

The example Alex Bruce gave isn't nice and should be reported and the users account deleted. I doubt the idiot that posted it wants Steve Bruce to die just like Nigel Pearson didn't really want the Leicester fans who were abusing him to eff off and die. Just seems a bit sensitive complaining about your dad getting abuse online when he's being richly rewarded. I'd suggest Alex gets off twitter rather than telling

everyone to be nice to his dad. 

• Like 1

I know quite a few Newcastle fans from Uni days and they as a fan base hated Bruce from the start. We as Owls probably have more reason to dislike him but the Newcastle fans fully hate him for no reason. They worshipled Benitez and Bruce has done better or as good in my opinion. When people send death threats like that though it's pretty tragic. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I know quite a few Newcastle fans from Uni days and they as a fan base hated Bruce from the start. We as Owls probably have more reason to dislike him but the Newcastle fans fully hate him for no reason. They worshipled Benitez and Bruce has done better or as good in my opinion. When people send death threats like that though it's pretty tragic. 

Dislike the choice of manager -  we all do that

Post criticism of him- that's fine

Point out any and everything he does wrong as a manager relentlessly - that's fine

Get personal or abusive or mad stuff -  that's never fine

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Maybe a new law could be drafted "nobody say anything nasty about Alex Bruce's dad". 

Just out of interest, has Alex ever goaded the fanbase after a win or anything? Sometimes it takes two to tango. 

So if you goad me I'm ok to go and launch some abuse at your nannan and that's fine?

is that how it works?

Owlstalk Shop

Idk about you but after watching Wednesday get battered a few times, like, by Millwall for example I've never been so angry as to 

grab the basildon bond out and whip up a death threat.

Newcastle are there usual below-mid-table position I don't get the hate it's weird. Mentalist.

51 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why don't the celebs just leave social media until somebody comes along with a platform that will give them the protection they want?

Why should it be "the celebs" who have to leave social media?

Why can't people interact with them without resorting to vile abuse?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So if you goad me I'm ok to go and launch some abuse at your nannan and that's fine?

is that how it works?

No that's what's known as false equivalence. There's no reason why you should abuse my grandma as she's not in any role that would be justifiably open to your judgement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

"i hope your dad dies of covid". Not seen any link to the tweet so going on Alex's word, while an abhorrent thing to say, it's not technically a death threat Neil (regarding post title). 

And while we've got people justifying abuse like you have, the problem will never go away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

No that's what's known as false equivalence. There's no reason why you should abuse my grandma as she's not in any role that would be justifiably open to your judgement. 

But it takes two to tango - you goad me I'm ok to attack your nan

That's how you said it works right?

Owlstalk Shop