John Sissons

If memory serves me correctly, Johnny Sissons was always orange ( a bit like that antiques bloke) he also did some coaching at Westfield school youth club when I was in the sixth form there. I was far too cool for youth clubs by then, but I did once see him playing for the Westfield staff against some other gadgies, wonder if he told the manager at Wednesday about that little contractual blip.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, owlinaus said:

Ex West Ham played for us as a winger, him on one wing and wee Willie Henderson on the other, true wingers who could cross a ball into the penalty area, ......

Didnt realise they played for us at the same time. I was delighted when we signed Sissons but he wasnt very good.Wee Willie Henderson was a brilliant fast direct winger,1 of my favourite players.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Didnt realise they played for us at the same time. I was delighted when we signed Sissons but he wasnt very good.Wee Willie Henderson was a brilliant fast direct winger,1 of my favourite players.

Henderson’s direct play still involved beating at least 5 players, twice😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

never quite delivered on a consistent basis  is how i remember him . on his good days he looked a class act but for a lot of games he just seemed to drift thru games .....scored at hat trick at burnley was probably his standout game ....

He scored the hat trick at Burnley but we lost 5-3 😒

Edited by Mickjj
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2021 at 04:02, capetownowl said:

lives in Cape Town.

used to see him quite a lot when he was playing here.

Think he's still in the motors trade now.

He was at the after match drinks party in the Seagulls pub when Wednesday played Hellenic in Cape Town Oct 92. Been living there since 1976 since signed for Cape Town spurs. Keeps fit by cycling 36 miles a day to work & back (or did then). Still had the blonde locks & permanent tan!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1