How tempted will football be to continue live I-Follow games after the Rona's gone?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not saying it won't be viable as an additional option but just not sure where the price point would be.  

I guess that's not for us to work out

I'm just interested in how it's going to play out

They might try offering it as a live stream for £25 a match which would make people probably go to the ground to watch it there instead, but would massively cheese off any fans living outside the city

Either way it could definitely be an option, and is most definitely the future (especially the VR aspect)

And then at that point clubs will rue not upgrading their grounds for their fans

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I guess that's not for us to work out

I'm just interested in how it's going to play out

They might try offering it as a live stream for £25 a match which would make people probably go to the ground to watch it there instead, but would massively cheese off any fans living outside the city

Either way it could definitely be an option, and is most definitely the future (especially the VR aspect)

And then at that point clubs will rue not upgrading their grounds for their fans

We've got new TV's, diverse menus and half pints that cost less than half the price of a full pint, what more do you want?!

We've got new TV's, diverse menus and half pints that cost less than half the price of a full pint, what more do you want?!

That half price pint thing still makes me laugh

Even more so that the club were told about it and didn't even bother changing from it

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Definitely in relation to away games - I quite enjoying watching them but don't have the points in the bag to get to the popular ones. Notwithstanding an home game for some of us is an away game in terms of travel

Had already started not travelling to the red button home games. Would now pay the tenner for Ifollow because I know it gets criticism but I haven't had issues.

Probably not what the owners want to hear

Lets face it should we actually get to the Premier League we would have matches almost 7 days a week so the option of watching matches we have no chance of getting to is great...I've not had any problems with Ifollow this season so it would be worth it just to get to see those matches

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

I find it difficult to get to games in the first place, due to public transport, never use the car,(even when I had one) so for me it's been brilliant being able to watch our games from the comfort of my sofa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Have to also agree that I-Follow has been great
No issues for me other than with an audio stream and not a video one - so I just got a refund and listened to radio sheffield intead

I watched the game last night with the Radio Solvent commentary. No idea why, was just what I got from the feed I found. 

Very good question.

I think away games available to fans through club web site would be a winner.

I enjoy getting out of house but every weekend causes problems so option of seeing all away games on TV would appeal to me and definitely my partner. 

Travelling is not getting any easier with journey's taking longer.

Think it would also suit clubs as cost of policing would be substantially less if no away fans. 

Also clubs who have large away followings would probably favour it. Wednesday make no money when we take 5,000/ 6,000 fans away to a ground. If they make £10 for everyone watching game on ifollow makes great economic sense to get folks to stream away games. If team did well could see 10,000 paying to watch game without any problem. A huge extra source of income to club.

I think the ways clubs should view this situation which would benefit them as well as everyone else would be to make going to the live games in stadiums an absolutely unmissable experience

They should be now seeing TV and VR and Streams as a direct competitor and looking to up their game/facilities so that people want to choose going in person

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Definitely in relation to away games - I quite enjoying watching them but don't have the points in the bag to get to the popular ones. Notwithstanding an home game for some of us is an away game in terms of travel

Had already started not travelling to the red button home games. Would now pay the tenner for Ifollow because I know it gets criticism but I haven't had issues.

Probably not what the owners want to hear

It won't be available for £10 long term though because it is not financially viable. If it was then the clubs would currently be reaping the benefits of having loads of people who don't normally pay for match tickets paying £10 to watch. It would be interesting to know what numbers of people who don't go to games normally are watching I-follow regularly but I can't see it being many with clubs at this level losing millions and being desperate to open up again. 

It won't be available for £10 long term though because it is not financially viable. 

Depends on how many take it up and what player wages are

If they put it up which they probably would they'd need to price it at a sweet spot otherwise could lose fans altogether

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If they put it up which they probably would they'd need to price it at a sweet spot otherwise could lose fans altogether

It will be interesting to see - I-follow actually becomes a more attractive proposition when there are fans in the stadium as well due to the atmosphere.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From my perspective I'd much rather e in the ground however:

Season ticket this season was £555 I think.

I-follow is costing £10 credit taken from that per game. Say I miss 3 games such as when they are available on Sky, I will pay around £200 for seeing all our home games on I-follow. Clubs can't commit to that loss long-term unless huge additional numbers are paying for I-follow. At £10 per game I'd be tempted to watch on TV rather than pay what is currently around £24 per game for the season ticket. Anything above £20 to watch I-follow and I'd be back in the ground instead.