How tempted will football be to continue live I-Follow games after the Rona's gone?

I’m a season ticket holder and go to most, but not all away games. I also occasionally go to non Wednesday matches and with a big group of Wednesday fans we go abroad every year to take a match in abroad. I totally miss going to the games and will keep going, just like I go to gigs and miss that, but I do think it’s made me reevaluate certain things. My Mum and Dads were also season ticket holders and their last match was just before lockdown, but their health will mean that they won’t ever go again, so I may occasionally choose to watch a game with them rather than go to a game. I’ve had mixed luck with ifollow as well, some games have been fine, some have buffered so much that I’ve given up. Obviously that then affects my view, if I knew the stream would be 100% reliable I may think differently. 

3 minutes ago, 2soon said:

I forget where I heard/read this, quite a few chairman are looking for the EPL to create a Netflix type subscription for the whole league. Something along the lines of the subscriptions total paid out as a percentage of people watch a teams games.

Yeah I guess that would be something

I also think it's inevitable eventually whether that be the EFL or some massive company like Netflix / Amazon just steaming in to make it happen regardless of what football clubs want

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm gonna blow your mind now...

I've not mentioned it on here before

But.

Check out Sky Sports Worlds

It's something that can be explained but needs to be experienced to understand it

Let me try...

So this weekend I put my Oculus Quest VR headset on, sat in my living room and watched a Premier League match where I could sit in the stands in 3D VR
I could choose where to sit whether that's behind the dugouts, in an exec box, on the kop halfway up and the match was in 3d right in front of me - the whole stadium in view as it is in real life

Not just that but hanging in the air above the stadium was a 500 foot screen showing the game as it's shown on TV so you can see other angles, replays, closeups etc

It's brand brand new 

Hardly anyone has heard of it

I would say to anyone who's got a VR Headset to stop what you are doing right now, download the Sky Sports Worlds app for your headset, put it on, watch one of the games that has '180 VR' on the thumbnail and then come back and post what you thought of it

For me it's absolutely mindblowing stuff

Sod that modem malarkey, it’s just a cover so the lizard people can control you. 

4 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Excellent post.

I for one right now have no desire to sit/visit:

Football Stadium 

Nightclub

Cinema

Theatre

Supermarkets

Or anywhere that involves crowds, sure some will be itching and some will feel like me.

I think that crowds will be well down and will take a long time before people trust the world as it were and Pack arenas out.

yer think some might have got out of habit of going and will need to attract them back. dont think too many will be scared to come back i think if we turn the news/media off and trust our own judgement we will do more. some of us with kids growing up wonder if we have gone on out last holiday with kids as it looks highly unlikely holidays for quite some time will be possible without spending a fortune of vaccinations for kids and tests there and back that puts me right off. but i will be back at football hopefully by summer we have to make most of life while we have it , go out of the front door do whatever while you can. 

For people like me where a home match is a 70 mile round trip and at an age where driving may become a problem and most of the guys I used to go to the match with have long since given up i follow has been great. I still have a season ticket but winter night matches are a problem especially when its cold and wet or snowing.

I have come to like the i follow programes and have seen every match this season, there have been many occasions when I have been happy at not having to walk half a  mile to were the car is parked followed by a long drive home after yet another home defeat.

However,

If the team were winning and were competing at the top, the atmosphere at Hillsborough is totally different so I still wait in hope for things to turn around again, in the hope that I will still be physically able to attend but if I cant get there, then i follow is a great alternative to remain a contributing owl.