Thompson, Bullen and Haslam have Covid

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m all for free speech but do find that more than a bit distasteful.

That dude made it personal.. I made a general comment around the pandemic and how it should be handled. I’m just being realistic because if the vaccine doesn’t work are we really going to carry on as we are for 1, 2, 3 years or more.. sooner or later the strategy will change to living alongside it not having damaging lockdowns.

I know my second comment was insulting but that was in response to him directly insulting me for no reason. People shouldn’t dish it out if they can’t take it back is my opinion 

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m all for free speech but do find that more than a bit distasteful.

Its sometimes easy to assume we are all adults here, then you get his well-thought-out genius solution to the pandemic (that no-one else has managed to come up with) and you remember you could well be talking to a 14 year old. The most baffling part is he thinks its clever. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You stay at home old man if you’re scared.. let the rest of us live our lives 

i really do try to do my best to ignore stereotypes about people living in London but comments like this make it difficult..its disrespectful at the least and reflects on you..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That dude made it personal.. I made a general comment around the pandemic and how it should be handled. I’m just being realistic because if the vaccine doesn’t work are we really going to carry on as we are for 1, 2, 3 years or more.. sooner or later the strategy will change to living alongside it not having damaging lockdowns.

I know my second comment was insulting but that was in response to him directly insulting me for no reason. People shouldn’t dish it out if they can’t take it back is my opinion 

My I suggest you use the thread in dressing room for your covid "ideas" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

You do realise some of our members on this board have been very ill with covid and we've also had members die from covid

Utterly abhorrent thing to post. 

Because a large number of our posters are over 60 so they have nothing more to worry about than avoiding COVID and getting their pension through.

For those of us with livelihoods, social

lives, a dependence on a thriving economy to succeed this is a living nightmare for something that has a 0.5% death rate overall. The lockdown is definitely worse than the alternative of letting it pass through the population until it dies out

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, Maddogbob said:

My I suggest you use the thread in dressing room for your covid "ideas" 

May I suggest you mind your own business.. the thread is about COVID in football

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Because a large number of our posters are over 60 so they have nothing more to worry about than avoiding COVID and getting their pension through.

For those of us with livelihoods, social

lives, a dependence on a thriving economy to succeed this is a living nightmare for something that has a 0.5% death rate overall. The lockdown is definitely worse than the alternative of letting it pass through the population until it dies out

I'm not having a discussion with you in this thread about this. 

Take it elsewhere to debate it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I wouldn’t even bother trying to change your mind on anything because if you can’t see without someone else pointing it out why your comment was out of line, and as I said very distasteful, then there is very little chance of me or anyone else changing your opinion. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

May I suggest you mind your own business.. the thread is about COVID in football

I'm a moderater mate, unfortunately I have to read it and it is my buissness. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A) Why would the vaccine(s) not work? They do work. And if a new variant comes along that makes them less effective they can be tweaked quickly. 

B) You said it mainly affects the 'old and weak' hence 'not worth upending the economy for'. That's pretty extreme eugenics-type language to be honest. 

C) Even if we play psychopaths and say that the lives of the 'old and weak' don't matter, what do you think would happen if we let it rip through the country? You cannot even conceive of the carnage. Have you thought it through properly? I mean really? 

D) People like you look at how things are now, WITH lockdowns and restrictions, and think that indicates roughly what it would be like without restrictions. You seem to have no understanding of how dramatically different (much much worse) things would be without restrictions. 

E) If living alongside it was an option, we would be doing it. It isn't. The NHS would collapse within weeks. Then lots of people die, not just old and weak, but cancer, heart attacks, traffic accidents, etc etc etc. And that is just scratching the surface. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm a moderater mate, unfortunately I have to read it and it is my buissness. 

Why is he still posting then? I mentioned Neil being sponsored by Amazon and get my posts vetted before they could be displayed.

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Why would we do that? It’s a good opportunity for the young lads to have a game where the result doesn’t really matter.

This virus isn’t going away anytime soon even with a vaccine so we need to stop hiding at home and just let it die out on its own through herd immunity. Very very low odds of anything bad happening to young fit athletes in their 20s.. it’s mainly a disease that affects the old or weak. Not something we should upend the economy for

A virus expert said that naturally herd immunity is not a thing. It only exists with the help of vaccinations. But sure what do they know? Plus, ask Sweden's leadership how well that approach works. And for gods sake think of all the old and vulnerable who die because of people with this attitude. 1000 people died today... 1000. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

The vaccine will work, that's what vaccines do.  

• Like 3

.. I made a general comment around the pandemic and how it should be handled. I’m just being realistic

It is contrary to what, scientists and doctors say.

You really need to think why we are in a lockdown...and it's not because some young fit fooballers may get ill.

I suppose for some, the only way they will believe what's going off, is if a 'young' family member needs an ambulance for whatever reason...and the operator say..sorry none available..besides the hospital is full.

Have a look at this, only a few mins of your time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55564425

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313

Look guys, just wanted to apologise if I’ve offended anyone here. I’m not posting to wind people up or insult people. It’s easy to bite back when someone comes after you though, which is what I did.

But I do have views on COVID and lockdowns that many of you clearly don’t agree with.

Im not saying this isn’t a serious thing because it clearly is, and every death is a tragedy. It’s just my view that the measures in place are worse overall than the alternative of letting it play out. 

Maybe I’m being impatient and hope you’re all right that it will just go post vaccination. I’m not sure that’s the case though.. I think this could last years and years.. and on that basis I don’t think stay at home indefinitely is an option 

Look guys, just wanted to apologise if I’ve offended anyone here. I’m not posting to wind people up or insult people. It’s easy to bite back when someone comes after you though, which is what I did.

But I do have views on COVID and lockdowns that many of you clearly don’t agree with.

Im not saying this isn’t a serious thing because it clearly is, and every death is a tragedy. It’s just my view that the measures in place are worse overall than the alternative of letting it play out. 

Maybe I’m being impatient and hope you’re all right that it will just go post vaccination. I’m not sure that’s the case though.. I think this could last years and years.. and on that basis I don’t think stay at home indefinitely is an option 

Nobody wants to be locked down mate, but unfortunately we are. Everyone's got it tough atm. 

There are reasons though. 

However pop over to the covid thread in the dressing room, give it a read, might give you an idea of other experiences/ideas. 

Also apology accepted. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It isn't indefinite any more. The vulnerable will have been vaccinated in 3 or 4 months then we can all do what we like (without being selfish, cos we will probably be ok). Its not long to wait having gone so far. 

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

A) Why would the vaccine(s) not work? They do work. And if a new variant comes along that makes them less effective they can be tweaked quickly. 

B) You said it mainly affects the 'old and weak' hence 'not worth upending the economy for'. That's pretty extreme eugenics-type language to be honest. 

C) Even if we play psychopaths and say that the lives of the 'old and weak' don't matter, what do you think would happen if we let it rip through the country? You cannot even conceive of the carnage. Have you thought it through properly? I mean really? 

D) People like you look at how things are now, WITH lockdowns and restrictions, and think that indicates roughly what it would be like without restrictions. You seem to have no understanding of how dramatically different (much much worse) things would be without restrictions. 

E) If living alongside it was an option, we would be doing it. It isn't. The NHS would collapse within weeks. Then lots of people die, not just old and weak, but cancer, heart attacks, traffic accidents, etc etc etc. And that is just scratching the surface. 

Some good points mate.. but my main fear is point A. It’s already been said that the South African variant might not be prevented by the current vaccine. The virus will keep mutating as that’s what they do. It’s ok saying well we tweak the vaccine but it’s all about timescales. It’s two months now since the vaccines were announced and more than 95% of people haven’t had it yet. We can’t move quickly enough as the R number is too high.

If you say to me we have to stay at home for 3 months more and then it goes, then fine. I’ll accept my business being crushed, having no life etc. But if this is going to be something we just have to live with long term, I don’t think it’s worth it