Thompson, Bullen and Haslam have Covid

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll polish my Pumas then Mark. It’ll be like the old days under Wilko. I’ll not try to put a 25 yarder back pass over Stan’s head though. Think that was the match I decided to do cross country running instead.

Ok I can dig out my Stabilo Matchmakers. Finest plastic boots ever made. Lasted at least 20 minutes in the piches we had in the 70's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Villa v Liverpool game is due to take place Friday Evening, so whatever the FA decide to do re this one will set the precedent for ours and all others i guess. 

Aston Villa have experienced a "significant" coronavirus outbreak at the club on the eve of their FA Cup third-round tie with Liverpool.

The Premier League side said a large number of first-team players and staff are in isolation after returning positive tests on Monday.

The club's training ground was closed on Thursday after a second round of testing produced more positive results.

Dean Smith's side are scheduled to face Liverpool at 19:45 GMT on Friday night.

"Discussions are ongoing between medical representatives of the club, the Football Association and the Premier League," Villa said in a statement.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

The FA stated last week the clubs put out a team or forfeit the game

I wonder if they would force these same rules on Man City, Liverpool, Spurs and Man Utd - didn't Man City recently call off a game because of Co-Vid and Spurs called off a game 3 hours before kick off.

If ever there was one rule for the Premier league teams and one for everyone else.

But don't worry some of the Owls team could have it without knowing and they will infect the Exeter team, but at least the FA can then make their rules for the lower league teams and not worry about peoples lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lombardo said:

He ended up at Forest you know.....

I eventually made it to the 1st XI in the upper 6th. You had to learn how to lose badly at a young age in those days!!!

Stan did? Never knew that! 

I gave up early with that team. I hated losing. Still do. Enjoyed Sunday League football better. Did U-12s and then all the way through to being in my mid 30s when I moved up here. Then only five a sides after that. Stopped playing about ten years ago after rupturing an achilles. Though I then started again temporarily about three years ago before doing both knees. 

Never played for one of my Dad’s teams like you did though! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

The Villa v Liverpool game is due to take place Friday Evening, so whatever the FA decide to do re this one will set the precedent for ours and all others i guess. 

Aston Villa have experienced a "significant" coronavirus outbreak at the club on the eve of their FA Cup third-round tie with Liverpool.

The Premier League side said a large number of first-team players and staff are in isolation after returning positive tests on Monday.

The club's training ground was closed on Thursday after a second round of testing produced more positive results.

Dean Smith's side are scheduled to face Liverpool at 19:45 GMT on Friday night.

"Discussions are ongoing between medical representatives of the club, the Football Association and the Premier League," Villa said in a statement.

Let’s call the whole thing off

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If we have enough points to avoid relegation now, pull the plug on the season. If not, we must carry on until we have, then pull the season.

Sounds reasonable doesn’t it?

I wonder why no one else has thought of that? Makes perfect sense to me and it will give the new manager time to decide on the system we will play next season!

• Haha 1

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Not surprised after Roony's spitting antics on the touchline last week 

Correct. All that money and not a brain cell in site

11 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Due to the tight schedule with league games and players not having time to recover correctly, you would have thought that cup competitions would have been scrapped for this season.

however due to commercial obligations (TV, Sponsorship) it had to proceed.

Yep and the fact that uefa’s cash cow Euro 2020 is getting played this summer , that’s why all fixtures are been crammed in and some games are been forfeited there simply isn’t enough time to play the games before the June tournament. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1