Thompson, Bullen and Haslam have Covid

They’ve not mentioned any players so can I assume we won’t have even more absentees and that the game won’t be called off. 

On another note, I’m genuinely surprised that none of this has been confidential. This hasn’t been the case for most other clubs and I mean, should clubs be naming names when it comes to this? You might say well it would stop people coming into contact if you knew who it was, but by law they should be isolating anyway. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Why does the training ground have to be closed ?

Surely a deep clean is all that’s needed

Even without a deep clean the virus cant survive indoors for much more than 2 days. Regarding players staff are they all treated same if they have virus or not? Or do they have to have fresh tests every 2-3 days? They given all clear? If not then our next 2 league games would need to be off. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

There was a game in one of the earlier rounds that was postponed due to Covid but the game was rearranged before the next round. That could happen as we have no game midweek.

But the personnel affected might still have to isolate 

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

They’ve not mentioned any players so can I assume we won’t have even more absentees and that the game won’t be called off. 

I wouldn't bank on it - saying player x is covid positive, tells our opponents who's out for 10 days and therefore can't play, potentially a competitive advantage e.g. Exeter wouldn't have to base their defence on stopping goal machine Jordan Rhodes if they knew he was covid positive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

No mention of any players testing positive? Although it seems now they don't name players who test positive for some reason unlike the early days.

Confidentiality, they're not allowed to name anybody who tests positive unless they give permission.

• Thanks 1

If Chansiri decided to stick two figures up at the FA and instructed the team not to travel to Exeter, even if it meant forfeiting the tie, I for one, would wholeheartedly applaud him.

The FA need to learn pretty pronto that there are more important things at the moment than football.

• Like 5

Guest LondonOwl313
18 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

If Chansiri decided to stick two figures up at the FA and instructed the team not to travel to Exeter, even if it meant forfeiting the tie, I for one, would wholeheartedly applaud him.

The FA need to learn pretty pronto that there are more important things at the moment than football.

Why would we do that? It’s a good opportunity for the young lads to have a game where the result doesn’t really matter.

This virus isn’t going away anytime soon even with a vaccine so we need to stop hiding at home and just let it die out on its own through herd immunity. Very very low odds of anything bad happening to young fit athletes in their 20s.. it’s mainly a disease that affects the old or weak. Not something we should upend the economy for

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 hours ago, akbuk said:

Not surprised after Roony's spitting antics on the touchline last week 

Probably caught it in a care home

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Probably to ensure players/staff aren't mingling, who may or may not be carrying the virus.  Not about surfaces, but people.

Well the players need to be tested regularly as I presume they are , if not how do you know when to open it back up ?

it seems strange to have it closed down unless we have a major epidemic in the club