Thompson, Bullen and Haslam have Covid

4 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Doubt it.

Derby are having to field their U23 and U18's.

"Those that have tested positive for COVID-19, and those that have been in close contact with those individuals, must self-isolate for a period of time.

As the first-team coaching staff, backroom team and players are currently self-isolating, staff and players at Saturday’s match will be predominantly made up from the club’s Under-23 and Under-18 set-ups."

Crikey!

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

Why does the training ground have to be closed ?

Surely a deep clean is all that’s needed

Probably to ensure players/staff aren't mingling, who may or may not be carrying the virus.  Not about surfaces, but people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lombardo said:

I have just given my predators a quick polish...I am ready if required!!!!

I’ll polish my Pumas then Mark. It’ll be like the old days under Wilko. I’ll not try to put a 25 yarder back pass over Stan’s head though. Think that was the match I decided to do cross country running instead.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll polish my Pumas then Mark. It’ll be like the old days under Wilko. I’ll not try to put a 25 yarder back pass over Stan’s head though. Think that was the match I decided to do cross country running instead.

seems like yesterday!!!

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Seems it might be a scratch side this weekend.
I didn't think this before but might be time to suspend the season.
Doesnt seem right playing football behind closed doors when a significant number of matches are being called off.

Players and staff testing positive is no longer a few isolated cases.

Heart not in watching football when we are I'm the middle of a national crisis.

And given Wednesday, Derby and Boro all have it, seems pretty clear there’s been covid transmission during our last two games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lombardo said:

seems like yesterday!!!

Away at Rowlinson, or Jordanthorpe, I forget which. Wilkinson was quite scathing. I didn’t bother showing up for any other games after that I don’t think LOL.

Stan’s fault though, he’d gone walkabouts off his line.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

The FA stated last week the clubs put out a team or forfeit the game

That's what I understood too, but Sothampton v Shrewsbury has been postponed today (Shrews apparently haven't got enough fit / none self isolating players) with the FA going to make a decision on what happens next week.

Aston Villa have also just reported significant covid positives and their training ground is shut, apparently their game with Liverpool is in doubt.

Maybe the FA will rethink and agree to postponement?

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

Away at Rowlinson, or Jordanthorpe, I forget which. Wilkinson was quite scathing. I didn’t bother showing up for any other games after that I don’t think LOL.

Stan’s fault though, he’d gone walkabouts off his line.

He ended up at Forest you know.....

I eventually made it to the 1st XI in the upper 6th. You had to learn how to lose badly at a young age in those days!!!