Double Standards

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Will you be giving a similar grilling to Willow Owl?

Maybe, if I can still walk straight after this basin of gin I’m about to consume.

Anyway, good discussion chaps, helped pass an otherwise boring tier 4 day.

Have a good one.

• Love 1

Don't blame DC for saying the things about Pulis, we need to hear both sides. I thought it was odd that Reach never celebrated his goal. Pulis was quick to blame the players, Pulis knew that these players had to see him through until other players could be brought in so you would think that destroying their confidence  would be thing last thing to do. The players seemed far happier the other night with Thompson in charge. His tactics of using 1 up front was never going to improve our goal record, DC has always said he want to play attacking football and he didn't do that

DC is always going to take the blame if anything goes wrong, we have to think that it is the advisors that make the wrong choices and offer bad advice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

Don't blame DC for saying the things about Pulis, we need to hear both sides. I thought it was odd that Reach never celebrated his goal. Pulis was quick to blame the players, Pulis knew that these players had to see him through until other players could be brought in so you would think that destroying their confidence  would be thing last thing to do. The players seemed far happier the other night with Thompson in charge. His tactics of using 1 up front was never going to improve our goal record, DC has always said he want to play attacking football and he didn't do that

DC is always going to take the blame if anything goes wrong, we have to think that it is the advisors that make the wrong choices and offer bad advice. 

They do seem to be a rather fragile bunch our players don't they.

Not been a happy camp for long before TP arrived.

They are DC's advisors remember, they should be being held far more accountable by him if it really is them doing the signing and hiring. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I've no issue with your sycophancy towards anything and everything Chansiri does

That's your choice

If you think it's supporting the club better than those who don't that's totally fine

I do take exception to you applying hypocritical logic to things though

That old chestnut, I’ll be an Uberfan soon.

After hearing the chairman’s reasoning this morning I am happy with his decision.

if Pulis comes out with anything that makes me change my mind then that is my right. 
Just because I choose to back the chairman doesn’t make me a better fan then anyone else and I have never said this.

Yet when someone backs the chairman you try to belittle them or accuse them of sycophancy. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who’s gonna break it to him?

lol

Grow up, your like a child who’s had his toys taken away. 

27 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

It is not that black and white

a) Are they Wednesday fans abusing him.

b) Why hasn't it been pointed out to the police

c) What are we supposed to do about it.

d) Are you arguing a case that because a very small minority if idiots have abused Chansiri's son we should simply sweep all his failings under the carpet?

Social Media is an awful thing in the wrong hands but we as a collective cannot be persecuted for it. If we are then it means the trolls and the bullies have won.

No one on here thinks abusing children on Social Media is fine

Here is where we differ I’m afraid. To me it is black and white. Verbally abusing a 12 year old child is ALWAYS wrong. It is NEVER justified. 

a) under the balance of probability, yes. However, I could care less. Verbally abusing a 12 year old child is wrong. 
b) whether it has been reported to the police or not is irrelevant. Verbally abusing a 12 year old child is wrong.

c) we are supposed to condemn it unreservedly when given the opportunity. 
d) why are you linking the abuse of a 12 year old child with his fathers failings. Are you suggesting it’s ok to abuse a 12 year old child if his father isn’t good at his job?

For the record I do not feel DC is capable of running SWFC but would never use that as an excuse to abuse a child. 

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

That old chestnut, I’ll be an Uberfan soon.

After hearing the chairman’s reasoning this morning I am happy with his decision.

if Pulis comes out with anything that makes me change my mind then that is my right. 
Just because I choose to back the chairman doesn’t make me a better fan then anyone else and I have never said this.

Yet when someone backs the chairman you try to belittle them or accuse them of sycophancy. 

Just an observation here but it might make you chuckle.

I've been taking on the owner of the greater establishment that is Sheffield Wednesday because I think he is way off the mark.

You are taking on the owner of this forum and his comments because you think he is way off the mark.

Neither of us will ever have both sides of the story for everything that we are debating, we will only have fragments.

That is what a forum is, you can think what you like.

Hold on, I'm not sure what we are all arguing about.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Here is where we differ I’m afraid. To me it is black and white. Verbally abusing a 12 year old child is ALWAYS wrong. It is NEVER justified. 

a) under the balance of probability, yes. However, I could care less. Verbally abusing a 12 year old child is wrong. 
b) whether it has been reported to the police or not is irrelevant. Verbally abusing a 12 year old child is wrong.

c) we are supposed to condemn it unreservedly when given the opportunity. 
d) why are you linking the abuse of a 12 year old child with his fathers failings. Are you suggesting it’s ok to abuse a 12 year old child if his father isn’t good at his job?

For the record I do not feel DC is capable of running SWFC but would never use that as an excuse to abuse a child. 

Jesus

Just now, Mystic Neg said:

Just an observation here but it might make you chuckle.

I've been taking on the owner of the greater establishment that is Sheffield Wednesday because I think he is way off the mark.

You are taking on the owner of this forum and his comments because you think he is way off the mark.

Neither of us will ever have both sides of the story for everything that we are debating, we will only have fragments.

That is what a forum is, you can think what you like.

Hold on, I'm not sure what we are all arguing about.

I have zero issues with any of Willow Owls beliefs or his right to express them

I just take exception to him coming on here preaching about both sides of the story but then it turns out it only applies if it’s a pro Chansiri stance 

Thats all

Owlstalk Shop