POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

Probably our best performance under Pulis and arguably our best since the opening day. We got undone by a bit of luck (the ball going through Lees legs for their first - which was also a bit of good play by them) and a bit of quality for the 2nd. We moved the ball reasonable well at times and looked better going forward than in most games this season. 

Not getting a second when we had the chance has probably cost us points & there is nothing Pulis can do about that. Whilst disappointed, I have seen more today to give me hope that we will stay up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

The way that Pullis has got the team playing is 100% better than they were under Monk and 1000% better than under Jos Luhukay.

Before the next game I suggest you take a visit to Specsave.

100% better in what way would you say ? Not points, not goals, not clean sheets, not possession. How are you calculating this dramatic improvement under Pulis ? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So now we have a manager playing unfit players that won't see an important game out?

Haha. It’s called managing players mate. 
When he came off we were leading 

Other option is to risk him and then have another 3-4 weeks out. 
Thought you’d have worked that one out neil. 
Not rocket science. 

Just now, edwinowl said:

Haha. It’s called managing players mate. 
When he came off we were leading 

Other option is to risk him and then have another 3-4 weeks out. 
Thought you’d have worked that one out neil. 
Not rocket science. 

I'm not talking about taking him off because he's unfit

I'm talking about starting an unfit player

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I thought we were excellent in the first half, especially the first 30 minutes. We were really well organised, full of energy and running and sharp as a needle. We created lots of chances and didn’t look like conceding.

Our goal was well deserved and was a great move. We well deserved to be a goal up.

What I can’t understand is why Iorfa was taken off very early in the second half. It changed the direction of the game. Also, why take Windass off and put Harris up front? Yes, Harris has great pace but Windass is the more natural striker and will hold the ball up better, get himself in better positions and is a better finisher. Both of these I couldn’t understand and I think cost us 3 points. Very frustrating to lose that game today.

If we can play like we did in those opening 30/45 minutes we will get to safety. But Pulis has to stop going defensively and holding on to a lead. Draws are no good. We need wins and 3 points. Win, lose, win, lose will easy get us to safety, draws won’t. Come on Pulis, let’s go for it now.

Your post reflects my opinion. My concern is where you say, “Pulis has to stop going defensively ... “ It’s in his DNA. He’s always done it, at every club. He can’t or won’t change. This is precisely why some didn’t want him to be appointed. He will keep us up but we need to understand it’s going to be dull and defensive and attritional. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinowl said:

Going out on a limb here and without a shadow of a doubt WE were the better team.

Completely robbed today. Kadeem was on fire and the ref is either blind, racist, or a Norwich fan to disregard 2 blatant penalties!

Them f**kers clearly had it in for Odubajo too and I know heard some racist words from them fans 

Bannon at 26 mins to 29 mins played some world class footwork moving it to Windass etc

Anyway. I'm not put off and we are doing all the right stuff and let's get behind em eh.

Rant over .   UTO!

I thought one was a really good tackle.

Youre right. Bannan used the ball so well. Vital in the way wanted to play. 

It's not time to lose our minds. But January is important. 

Have to see some wins before then, too. 

Today was as excited as I've been for a bit. Entertaining game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daz said:

Come on. Monk came up against the Luton’s, Rotherham’s and Wycombe’s while Pulis has had to compete with the Norwich’, Swansea’s and Reading’s.

You’re kidding yourself if you cannot see more organization, commitment and better performances from individual players already. And remember that Monk had a year to produce those results and the chance to bring in players, while Pulis has only just joined us and can only pick from what he inherited.

Ridiculous comparison.

So we can’t compare the two per your post.

If Pulis had won all 5 matches, you would have posted and said how wonderful it all was and weren’t the players good all along. Equally, if monk had got these last 5 results then there would be rioting and looting.

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
47 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Can you guarantee that or have you just fabricated that whole paragraph?

It’s an opinion that’s what forums are for! Unless I was the agent or spouse of the player I wouldn’t know

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I know that. How is that relevant? The previous poster stated that Klopp couldn’t do much better with our squad than Pulis. I absolutely disagree in that point. What do you think?

I’m the original poster. 

lol

Klopp is the type of manager you need if you have a team of superstars and want to win the premier league and champions league. Tony Pulis (Colin is the same type as well) is the type of manager you want to grind out scrappy wins and draws using shithousey methods, because you have a weak squad. A manager like Klopp wouldn’t revert to that type of football.

Pulis is the what we need right now. My worry is that even with his experience it’s not enough. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He will get better. 

For all our sakes he has to. We can’t wait until January though as new players tend to come in towards the end of the month and are also a bit unfit so not fully up and running until mid February. At this point there would only be 15 or so games left so we need to start winning in the next set of games, draws are no good.