Kevin Pressman wants the job at SWFC

Pressman was a top, top goalkeeper for many years. Trevor Francis bought England's no.1 and yet Francis himself finally put Pressman back in as he was the best goalkeeper.

He's had a decent coaching career too.

Best penalty taker at the club too.

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Give over will you ....

Playing the drums is like flying a helicopter ....

Not as easy as you think .....

The timekeeper....the glue that sticks the band together 

Guest Therealrealist

Bit off topic but I’ve always wondered what a tennis coach does...no doubt federer has a coach..but surely he is a better player than his coach..so what’s the point? And I bet the best keepers in the world have a goalkeeping coach..who they are much better than..same as golfers n all..why shud that Dustin Johnson listen to his coach who’s probably never won owt?

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Give over will you ....

Playing the drums is like flying a helicopter ....

Not as easy as you think .....

Flown a few helicoptors..thought it wer like driving an automatic car tbh..never played the drums tho

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Bit off topic but I’ve always wondered what a tennis coach does...no doubt federer has a coach..but surely he is a better player than his coach..so what’s the point? And I bet the best keepers in the world have a goalkeeping coach..who they are much better than..same as golfers n all..why shud that Dustin Johnson listen to his coach who’s probably never won owt?

Identify weaknesses in peoples game by observing them. 

That’s why we’re all managers on here and know better than anyone else.

It’s often said that clubs lose their connection to fans because he owners aren’t football men and the coaches and staff they hire have no previous history with the clubs they work for. I’ve heard it said here (and said it Myself) that we don’t feel at all connected to the club in what is a difficult time in our history.

Fans want their ‘legends’ to return to the club in one way or another

Bringing in Pressman as a coach would be another step in the right direction to rebuild that. Whether he’ll be good or not, can’t really say, but surely he can’t be much worse than the GK coaches we’ve had in recent times. (“When you parry the ball, make sure you push it into the *centre* of the box every time Lads, OK?🤪”)

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Identify weaknesses in peoples game by observing them. 

That’s why we’re all managers on here and know better than anyone else.

But if i wer federer and some coach wer tellinh me to do this and do that id be like..'what have you ever won'

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

But if i wer federer and some coach wer tellinh me to do this and do that id be like..'what have you ever won'

It’s not easy to identify problems with your own technique for example.. need someone to observe and tell you what you’re doing wrong. All sportsmen have weaknesses and the best ones try and continually improve

Think in tennis the top players usually have coaches who’ve played.. Murray had Lendl and Mueresmo, so there must be a benefit to having someone who has experience of the mental side and what it’s actually like to compete 

3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Federer the greatest sportsman in history imo 

My heart says yes. My head isn't so sure. He's very out of shape. I'm not arsed about his CV - IIRC he did a decent job at Millwall and we're not going to be getting an elite goalie coach - but didn't he get turned down last time? I know Pulis had his eye on Myhill and possibly the PNE guy as well but both said no.

Ultimately Pulis will be working with him so it's in his hands. 

We need to put sentiment to one side, what KP did in an Owls shirt 20 years ago has no bearing on his current ability and skill as a goalkeeping / U23 coach.

We should ask ourselves a simple question: Is he better than what we have / others applying?

If yes - Welcome aboard KP

If not - Thanks but no thanks and move on to those better qualified.

1 hour ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

My heart says yes. My head isn't so sure. He's very out of shape. I'm not arsed about his CV - IIRC he did a decent job at Millwall and we're not going to be getting an elite goalie coach - but didn't he get turned down last time? I know Pulis had his eye on Myhill and possibly the PNE guy as well but both said no.

Ultimately Pulis will be working with him so it's in his hands. 

Andy Rhoades was always praised by Kirkland and Westwood for his coaching and he wasnt exactly a picture of healthy eating