KP "Hi I'm your new goalkeeping coach"

KW "Eh? Who are you?"

KP "Club legend innit do bro fam ya get me?"

KW "So you're here to teach me how to be a goalkeeper?"

KP "Aaaaaaye for reuww"

KW "And your experience?"

KP "Scunthorpe innit fam. Me bin doin shizzle there"

*KW rings in sick*

Since Pressman was the goalkeeping coach for Forde, the keeper who was picked ahead of Westwood for Ireland I'm sure Westwood would rate Pressman quite highly as a coach

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

KW "Eh? Who are you?"

KP "Aaaaaaye for reuww"

*KW rings in sick*

lol

Every day's a schoolday - never realised Pressman was one of the "bruvs"

If Pressman is the "best person" for the job, then OK, but if there are others avaialble who are a better fit, then go for them instead.
Club "legend" status should not obsure judegement - we are in the poo and need the best people for the job to get us out of the turd !!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd rather just not go down the former player route though mate

I'd rather us find the best man for the job

Exactly. Never understood this "he knows the club thing". It's nonsense. You don't need to be local, or a fan, or an ex player, or for the fans or players to like you. You just need to be good at your job.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I like Kevin Pressman but think it was right that he left in 2004 although he said he didn't want to leave and would have stayed for £50 a week.

Needed a clear out and he was clearly past his best. 

That probably prices him out of the running these days.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

In comparison

Another former goal keeper who played for the club at the same time as Kevin Pressman is Chris Woods

Started his coaching career at Everton in 1998 under Walter Smith stayed there for 15 years before moving to become Manchester United goal keeping coach when Moyes left Everton taking his backroom staff with him. Stayed on at Man Utd when Moyes got the sack but lost got replaced When Louis van Gaal brought his own team in and from 2015 to 2018 was the goal keeping coach with West Ham.

Chris Woods has also worked with the United States mens team in 2011 for 4 or 5 years.

So a former international keeper, who made over 100 appearance for the Owls, in a time when the team were winning things and one of the better team in the country, has coached for the over 20 years in the Premier League and has also help coach an international football team. Compared to a bloke who the highlight of his coaching a career is working at Millwall.

if we go down the former player route I know which goal keeping coach I would pick.

If he coaches like he kept goal then all our keepers would just stand on the line, never come for a cross and let weak headers through their hands.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I'm sure pullis will do his homework for me I only want pressman back if he is a top level goalkeeping coach pullis ain't no Fool

Yep pretty much this,  let Pulis judge it ,  be fantastic to see KP back at Hillsborough if Pulis thinks he’s the man for the job 

Also, bang average keeper for us ?  I bet there would be a few keepers who wouldn’t have minded Pressmans ‘average’ career if that’s the case ,  how many PL games ? 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

KW "Eh? Who are you?"

KP "Aaaaaaye for reuww"

*KW rings in sick*

I think that last line applies regardless of who the goalkeeper coach is.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Bang average keeper for us, so it's a big no from me.

However, if he was back in Sheffield over the weekend, perhaps he can have a motivational word to his brother who is the most boring radio presenter on radio sheffield

If he was bang average who in your time of watching wednesday do you put higher 

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Yep pretty much this,  let Pulis judge it ,  be fantastic to see KP back at Hillsborough if Pulis thinks he’s the man for the job 

Also, bang average keeper for us ?  I bet there would be a few keepers who wouldn’t have minded Pressmans ‘average’ career if that’s the case ,  how many PL games ? 

243 top flight games.

Having coached at Millwall for 6 years is a perfectly respectable job in football.

If people don’t think he’s the right person for the job fair enough, but there is  no need to sneer and run down the achievements of someone who was a loyal and hard working servant to our club for 19 years and 478 matches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3