Kevin Pressman wants the job at SWFC

29 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

243 top flight games.

Having coached at Millwall for 6 years is a perfectly respectable job in football.

If people don’t think he’s the right person for the job fair enough, but there is  no need to sneer and run down the achievements of someone who was a loyal and hard working servant to our club for 19 years and 478 matches.

TBF if he's capable and Pulis thinks he is then fair enough, but not just give him the job on the basis of he's an ex Wednesday player so deserves the job. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

TBF if he's capable and Pulis thinks he is then fair enough, but not just give him the job on the basis of he's an ex Wednesday player so deserves the job. 

I agree completely. I just object to some of the comments rubbishing his career. His achievements here shouldn’t automatically qualify him for a job, but in my view they do justify him being discussed in a respectful manner.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Reasonable CV?

Personally I disagree and would target someone way higher/better

But looks like he’s got the job as he wouldn’t have been at the match on Saturday and wouldn’t have publically come out and pleaded for it 

How does he compare with our current goalkeeping coach?

Who do you expect a club 2nd bottom of the second division who have recently suffered a points deduction for overspending to be able to attract? 

7 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

He played for us.

He was a goalkeeper.

He could kick it really, really far.

Worked at Millwall who also like to kick it really far.

Tony Pulis likes to kick it really far.

Far  comment 🤣

41 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I agree completely. I just object to some of the comments rubbishing his career. His achievements here shouldn’t automatically qualify him for a job, but in my view they do justify him being discussed in a respectful manner.

This.  Regardless of his coaching abilities, he is our best keeper since Ron Springett by some distance.

• Thanks 1

No disrespect to Nicky Weaver but he’s had the gig on and off for the last 2 or so years hasn’t he? Not really seen a huge clamour for his head, and he’s a lot less qualified than Pressman. Arguably Weaver is the one that’s responsible for the progression of Dawson and Wildsmith too, as he’s seen them through from being kids too iirc.

Pressman has a fairly impressive CV at Championship level when you drill down into it. He had Joe Murphy at Scunny who was an outstanding keeper at that time. Then oversaw the change of guard at Millwall when they eased out the extremely dependable David Forde for a relatively unproven youngster in Jordan Archer. Exactly what we’re trying to do at the minute with Westwood coincidentally...

We need someone who can help our 2 young goalkeepers, Joe Wildsmith has made very slow progress and Cameron Dawson none at all.

Both good lads crying out for good coaching and leadership. Seems its been a struggle since Andy Rhodes left.

• Haha 1