Kevin Pressman wants the job at SWFC

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can anyone give us an overview of Pressman’s success as a goalkeeper coach?

I think its impossible for the average supporter to know if Pressman is a decent goalkeeping coach or not.

I am sure Pulis is type of bloke to do a bit of homework on Pressman if he is thinking of having him as part of his backroom staff.
Will speak to people he has work with at Millwall and Scunthorpe to see if they recommend him or not.
If he likes what he hears will meet Pressman for a chat first to see if they can work together. 

I get the impression Pulis is a very thorough coach.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can anyone give us an overview of Pressman’s success as a goalkeeper coach?

Hope this helps

Coaching career

Pressman holds an FA A coaching license. In May 2007 he was appointed as goalkeeping coach under Nigel Adkins at Championship side Scunthorpe United[8] and even featured on the substitutes' bench during a goalkeeping crisis at the club. He then progressed to his most high-profile coaching role, again at Scunthorpe, as assistant manager to Ian Baraclough. Both men, however, lost their jobs in March 2011 after a string of poor results left the Iron deep in relegation trouble.

In May 2008 he also became joint manager of Belper Town reserves.[9]

On 20 August 2011 Bradford City announced that Pressman would be the new goalkeeping coach, replacing Tim Dittmer, who – with the club's blessing – left to take up a position at Premier League side Manchester City. On 21 June 2012 Pressman moved to the same role at Millwall.

On 1 June 2018, Pressman left Millwall, after six years. [10] In July 2019, Pressman returned to Scunthorpe United as assistant manager of the U23 team and goalkeeper coach.[11]

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, longreach said:

Hope this helps

Coaching career

Pressman holds an FA A coaching license. In May 2007 he was appointed as goalkeeping coach under Nigel Adkins at Championship side Scunthorpe United[8] and even featured on the substitutes' bench during a goalkeeping crisis at the club. He then progressed to his most high-profile coaching role, again at Scunthorpe, as assistant manager to Ian Baraclough. Both men, however, lost their jobs in March 2011 after a string of poor results left the Iron deep in relegation trouble.

In May 2008 he also became joint manager of Belper Town reserves.[9]

On 20 August 2011 Bradford City announced that Pressman would be the new goalkeeping coach, replacing Tim Dittmer, who – with the club's blessing – left to take up a position at Premier League side Manchester City. On 21 June 2012 Pressman moved to the same role at Millwall.

On 1 June 2018, Pressman left Millwall, after six years. [10] In July 2019, Pressman returned to Scunthorpe United as assistant manager of the U23 team and goalkeeper coach.[11]

That screams ‘don’t touch with a bargepole’

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

In my eyes he’s a Club Legend up there with Sheridan,  Nillson and CP,  and would be delighted to see him back at the club but wether his recent goalkeeping coach credentials stand up I’m not too sure,  I know he had a good spell at Millwall but no idea how or why that ended and doesn’t seem to have done much since 

One for Tony Pulis to judge id say,  but if he was up to the job it would be fantastic to see him back,  also be great for the Owner to be able to bring someone like pressman into the staff , a bloke who knows this club inside out 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

In my eyes he’s a Club Legend up there with Sheridan,  Nillson and CP,  and would be delighted to see him back at the club but wether his recent goalkeeping coach credentials stand up I’m not too sure,  I know he had a good spell at Millwall but no idea how or why that ended and doesn’t seem to have done much since 

One for Tony Pulis to judge id say,  but if he was up to the job it would be fantastic to see him back,  also be great for the Owner to be able to bring someone like pressman into the staff , a bloke who knows this club inside out 

He doesn't know the club inside out though

He knows where the stadium and the training ground is

Everything else has changed

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Am I being dense? Seems a pretty reasonable CV to me irregardless of his connections to the club?

Reasonable CV?

Personally I disagree and would target someone way higher/better

But looks like he’s got the job as he wouldn’t have been at the match on Saturday and wouldn’t have publically come out and pleaded for it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop