EXETER AWAY!! FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW

Being Exeter based, I would normally be happy with this draw but as there’ll only be 2000 home fans allowed, can’t get too excited. Especially as I attended the 5-1 debacle in the snow in 2010. Mandaric's first game I think as new owner and he watched a defence with Beevers and Purse playing like sugar plum fairies on ice.  Personally, I’m going for 0-0 and a Wednesday win on penalties. Wonder if Rhodes will take one? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Being Exeter based, I would normally be happy with this draw but as there’ll only be 2000 home fans allowed, can’t get too excited. Especially as I attended the 5-1 debacle in the snow in 2010. Mandaric's first game I think as new owner and he watched a defence with Beevers and Purse playing like sugar plum fairies on ice.  Personally, I’m going for 0-0 and a Wednesday win on penalties. Wonder if Rhodes will take one? 

Same as I’ve messaged your mate ...I would deffo be in the market for a couple of tickets pal if you could wangle it👍

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

Theyve actually done up the away end a bit, it was horrendous back along

I live in exeter and have been to see a couple home matches theyve a good team with a passionate fanbase 

Like I’ve said to yer 2 mates from Exeter pal...deffo in the market for a couple of tickets if there’s any floating about..not got many new grounds these days and this is one of em

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Same as I’ve messaged your mate ...I would deffo be in the market for a couple of tickets pal if you could wangle it👍

You’d have more luck going door to door and asking to watch the match from the window of one of the student bedsits which overlook the away end (socially distanced of course). Only joking as you’d be breaking the law! Tier 3 into tier 2, social bubbles and all that. Afraid it’s match of the day for you! Should be a riveting watch! 

On 28/11/2020 at 16:01, torryowl said:

amazing stat when you think how many times we have played everton .......

Remember the mid 80s?

Leicester 
Everton 

Norwich

Everton 

Birmingham

Everton 

Everton

Man U

Everton

And we could get creditable draws to never beat the swines.

Brilliant team they had.

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

You’d have more luck going door to door and asking to watch the match from the window of one of the student bedsits which overlook the away end (socially distanced of course). Only joking as you’d be breaking the law! Tier 3 into tier 2, social bubbles and all that. Afraid it’s match of the day for you! Should be a riveting watch! 

And if they're really lucky, they may manage to get a matchday ball if they hang around the train station and wait for hoofball for one of the balls to end up on the railway tracks

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

So that's two of us from Exeter then.

And I live in Sidmouth, so pretty close. I also work with a guy who will get me into the ground for free as he's disabled and used to be an Exeter City mascot. I'll be with the home fans though. Good job I won't have to worry too much about goal celebrations. 🙄