Tony Pulis on the Swansea game and result

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 09.28.48.jpg

We just didn’t have the pace and power up there to play ball forwards.

We didn’t have those options.

Without Harris, Windass and those sort of players in your team, the modern game is about pace and power up front.

If you look at all the top teams, they always threaten in behind and take you back to your own goal.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

These comments from Pulis - which are basically consistent with what fans have been saying for months - make me wonder whether it was incompetence or stubbornness that led Monk to be such a poor manager.

In the last few weeks:

- Westwood is the best keeper of the three

- Reach is a wide player

- Odubajo is better further forwards

- We need pace and power upfront

- Paterson isn't a forward and is better in a deeper role

- The squad is unbalanced and we need to address it in January

• Like 7

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I wonder if we'll see Harris / Odubajo more central in a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 (out of possession) against Stoke

Wildsmith

Palmer

Lees

Boerner

Penney

Bannan

Luongo

Paterson

Odubajo

Reach

Rhodes

Penney...ha ha

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Penney...ha ha

I can't see another option.

Normally I would avoid Penney in the first XI but I can't bring myself to select Van Aken, and in previous weeks I've gone for Odubajo...but he's doing so well further forward it would be a shame to disrupt that.

So it has to be Penney unfortunately.

What a poo squad.

I’m liking Pulis at the moment. Knows the weaknesses, know what needs to be done to fix it. I feel much more confident with him at the helm than Monk.

I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong to think Pulis was a dull appointment. He’s exactly what we need at this time. I’m beginning to hope he’ll turn out to be a Jack Charlton type figure in Wednesday history.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I can't see another option.

Normally I would avoid Penney in the first XI but I can't bring myself to select Van Aken, and in previous weeks I've gone for Odubajo...but he's doing so well further forward it would be a shame to disrupt that.

So it has to be Penney unfortunately.

What a poo squad.

It will 100% be Odubajo as Harris will come in for van Aken.

5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

These comments from Pulis - which are basically consistent with what fans have been saying for months - make me wonder whether it was incompetence or stubbornness that led Monk to be such a poor manager.

In the last few weeks:

- Westwood is the best keeper of the three

- Reach is a wide player

- Odubajo is better further forwards

- We need pace and power upfront

- Paterson isn't a forward and is better in a deeper role

- The squad is unbalanced and we need to address it in January

Pulis knows what he’s doing. Monk despite what some of the experts said on here, simply didn’t.

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Pulis knows what he’s doing.  

• 2 Games
  • O (zero) Wins
  • 1 Draw
  • 1 Defeat
  • 1 Goal scored
  • Possible Points - 6
  • Actual Points Achieved - 1  
  • Brings back Westwood who lost us a game and went off after 10 minutes in the next one
  • Brings back Luongo then says he's still recovering from a cartilage injury and shouldn't have been on the pitch

If Garry Monk had done the above what would you have said about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

• 2 Games
  • O (zero) Wins
  • 1 Draw
  • 1 Defeat
  • 1 Goal scored
  • Possible Points - 6
  • Actual Points Achieved - 1  
  • Brings back Westwood who lost us a game and went off after 10 minutes in the next one
  • Brings back Luongo then says he's still recovering from a cartilage injury and shouldn't have been on the pitch

If Garry Monk had done the above what would you have said about that?

Tony Pulis is working with an unbalanced squad that Garry Monk has out together. Garry Monk made his signings brought his coaches in, it was still dire. Tony Pulis is now working with that poor squad.

Westwood is a funny one to judge, Dawson and Wildsmith aren't good enough, but neither is Westwood anymore sadly due to not playing in over a year. Pulis gave him a chance for his experience.

I wasn't enthused over Pulis joining but I also won't judge after 2 games. He may not play the most stylish football but he talks far more sense than Monk ever did and has far more experience getting results.

Just now, Lemi_the_owl said:

Tony Pulis is working with an unbalanced squad that Garry Monk has out together. Garry Monk made his signings brought his coaches in, it was still dire. Tony Pulis is now working with that poor squad.

Westwood is a funny one to judge, Dawson and Wildsmith aren't good enough, but neither is Westwood anymore sadly due to not playing in over a year. Pulis gave him a chance for his experience.

I wasn't enthused over Pulis joining but I also won't judge after 2 games. He may not play the most stylish football but he talks far more sense than Monk ever did and has far more experience getting results.

My post wasn't a serious one mate - I was just teasing Jim as he basically roasted Garry Monk for those kind of things

lol

Pulis has already impressed me a lot - I really like him and his cold hard straight talk

I'm really looking forward to games again

Owlstalk Shop