PRESTON vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Post Match Reaction

For those saying we look like we are going to sit back every game...Just because we had Windass on his own up top for the first 15 minutes of an away game does not mean it would have stayed that way all game. It may transpire as you suspect but you can't make that assumption with any certainty after 15 minutes.

People have been saying on here that Rhodes is our only striker but is shot and Bannan can't play in a two in midfield. Playing Paterson as an extra midfielder may make sense in that situation with the option to go to two up top if the game pans out that way. I'm not particularly saying it is the way to go but 15 minutes of playing that way tells us nothing of its potential or even whether it is to be a regular tactic in future games.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Did anyone notice that the old bloke, the new coach, who looked cold in training, the one that needed a hat, scarf, and gloves, had brought a flask with him and pack-up?

Looks like his Mrs sent him out with home made scones too.

At least he can sit by the fire to warm up a bit later. Get a nice cup of tea and a piece of Victoria sponge. 

And when the ground opens he can sit in the South Stand 

• Haha 1

Hey...

Think about this for a second

We signed Paterson

Monk played him up front as a striker/forward

Monk was mocked for that as everyone said Paterson was a defender

Pulis came in

We got told he'd put square pegs in square holes

Get this..

Pulis has just played Paterson in MIDFIELD

lol

No matter what your thoughts are on Monk, on Paterson or on Pulis - you have to admit that's just batshit crazy right?

Owlstalk Shop

That was as dull as dishwater and we won't win many games sitting too deep and playing in our own half. The only saving grace is that it's early days under this manager and we were down to 10 men. However, I'm pretty sure this is as good as it gets with this team - they aren't capable of anything other than going through the motions.

Let's hope Pulis can wheel and deal to get some frees in and he can have a decent transfer window, otherwise we will be waving goodbye to this division if we have to rely on the current squad.

1 minute ago, Daz said:

That was as dull as dishwater and we won't win many games sitting too deep and playing in our own half. The only saving grace is that it's early days under this manager and we were down to 10 men. However, I'm pretty sure this is as good as it gets with this team - they aren't capable of anything other than going through the motions.

Let's hope Pulis can wheel and deal to get some frees in and he can have a decent transfer window, otherwise we will be waving goodbye to this division if we have to rely on the current squad.

Crikey could you imagine if Pulis wanted this squad to sit back and play really deep all game?

Just the thought of it makes me want to weep

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

I’d agree that we have a poor, unbalanced squad and, as Monk had shown no signs of getting the most out of them, no surprise DC went for an experienced manager like Pulis. It won’t be pretty watching him try to turn our fortunes around.

This^.

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hey...

We signed Paterson

Monk played him up front as a striker/forward

Monk was mocked for that as everyone said Paterson was a defender

Pulis came in

We got told he'd put square pegs in square holes

Get this..

Pulis has just played Paterson in MIDFIELD

lol

No matter what your thoughts are on Monk, on Paterson or on Pulis - you have to admit that's just batshit crazy right?

I agree it would be batshit crazy if his wikipedia page didn't say Cardiff mainly used him as a midfielder.

"Paterson mainly played for Hearts as a right-back, but was also sometimes used as a striker. Cardiff mainly used him as a midfielder, but he occasionally played higher up the pitch to help aid the attack."

Just saying.  lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I agree it would be batshit crazy if his wikipedia page didn't say Cardiff mainly used him as a midfielder.

"Paterson mainly played for Hearts as a right-back, but was also sometimes used as a striker. Cardiff mainly used him as a midfielder, but he occasionally played higher up the pitch to help aid the attack."

Just saying.  lol

Fair!

Nobody has ever mentioned that really

We just get people slating him saying he's a right back used as a striker

Owlstalk Shop

Consider these facts:

1 Our record at Preston is shocking - if you were to judge a manager/team by our results there then we've been no good for the best part of a century.

2 We're away from home

3 We're a poor team, irrespective of who manages us

4 We go down to ten early in the game

5 We gift them a goal

It isn't really a surprise we lost.

In fact, if we went there with the best manager in the country, a promotion-winning team, they gifted us a goal and they went down to ten, we'd still probably lose.

Because it's Preston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

One of the biggest problems within our fanbase is the divide over players

Some back players like Westwood now, or Hutchinson FF etc of the past, yet others are almost willing them to fail and can’t wait to pile in when a mistake happens, because they’re bad people or whatever. 

Just utterly toxic.

Yep that's the problem right there. 

Not our inept chairman or his advisors, not the crap managers he keeps appointing who in turn keep buying useless players???

It's definitely the fans who cannot even attend the games fault for being disgruntled on a football forum.

Give me strength FFS

• Like 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

Yep that's the problem right there. 

Not our inept chairman or his advisors, not the crap managers he keeps appointing who in turn keep buying useless players???

It's definitely the fans who cannot even attend the games fault for being disgruntled on a football forum.

Give me strength FFS

Yeah but remember - if someone says there's an 'agenda' or that fans are 'toxic' that makes it 100% true

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop