streaming

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

They really are picking on us. The fact they spent so long searching for a win and a goal for their headline image, proves that point.

bit of non story this. all it mentions are re-streams from public areas such as Facebook and Twitter

what they are not able to close down are the actual source of the streams because they have no idea where they are coming from. The Premier League have got a high court order so ISP's can block content but a simple VPN navigates that

iFollow itself appears to be very hit and miss for different clubs, so to pay £10 a match for it is a rip off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

what they are not able to close down are the actual source of the streams because they have no idea where they are coming from. The Premier League have got a high court order so ISP's can block content but a simple VPN navigates that 

This just simply is not true

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/one-of-the-most-popular-football-streaming-sites-has-been-shut-down-by-the-courts-112100

Owlstalk Shop

Italian anti-piracy authorities have closed 114 online sites that were illegally streaming matches from Serie A, the top tier of soccer in Italy.

The move came as part of an operation called ‘Free Football’, which is being carried out by several Italian anti-piracy financial police units with the support of Serie A and the league’s domestic rights holders, pay-TV broadcaster Sky Italia and streaming service DAZN. 

Luigi De Siervo, chief executive of Serie A, told Corriere dello Sport: “Our product, our brands and the rights of the fans must be defended and protected from counterfeiting.”

Serie A launched a new anti-piracy campaign for the 2019/20 season in August. The initiative includes calling for quicker IPTV blocking times by ISPs and hosting sites, a campaign to raise awareness of the issue of piracy among fans, and requesting stricter penalties for violations.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

these are free to air streaming sites with pop ups galore. this is streaming from 5 years ago at least

if you pay for an IPTV service they do not use Roja or sites like this. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Look at music streaming as a perfect example. Is not been hard to get whatever music you want illegaly for years, going back to the lime wire and Napster days. They made it so easy and cheap to do legally, that most folks will now pay the small fee to legal stream because it feels like a fair deal and it’s easier. 

Agree 100%

We're in the situation with streaming that music was in when people were buying blank CD's in bulk, downloading their favourite albums and burning them off onto them.

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, prowl said:

They say money has been lost because of illegal streaming. Don't they realise that people use streams because they can't afford or aren't prepared to pay the proper price. In reality very little has been lost.

They've lost £250M because fans can't attend but taken in £8M from showing games. That's a good indication that fans aren't that bothered about watching games without the crowds being there. Time they realised that fans are the important thing in football. Without the crowds football is nothing.

Time to stop treating fans like cash cows and start treating them like the most important part of the industry. Football without the fans in the stadiums will lose it's appeal and TV companies won't pay fas much for the rights. 

if those all the figures ie 250m lost only 8million from games then im delighted , what worries me is if they got there money they wouldnt give a stuff if crowds didnt come back 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I would pay £4.99 regularly, even if we’re playing particularly terribly/boring.

but £10, I know it’s not that much more but I wouldn’t ever pay that unless it was a high profile game.

Do they count each viewer of an illegal stream as lost income? Because I would guess that the vast majority of people watching an illegal stream wouldn’t consider paying the £10. It’s not like most of those people who are watching the illegal stream would pay the £10 if their illegal stream was unavailable.

I think this needs a re-think. £4.99 a game Or £15 a month for all of the games, but £10 is ridiculous. Have they watched Sheffield Wednesday under Gary Monk or Luhukay? 10pence would be a lot for that dross 

Just checked. We play 8 games in December. £80 if you watch all of them. You can just about get all of Sky for less than that.

Edited by darra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And Sky's pricing is hardly a bargain

he cant be very good at cutting a deal . i got the lot not inc bt etc for £45 a month even got new dish install 2tb box and mini box for nothing ,i was kinda pleased  with that offer. i said yes pretty quickly to that. ive been doing it since 1990 since sky started too, must have saved pushing 10 grand over that time getting it not much above half price. 

Just now, morganowl said:

he cant be very good at cutting a deal . i got the lot not inc bt etc for £45 a month even got new dish install 2tb box and mini box for nothing ,i was kinda pleased  with that offer. i said yes pretty quickly to that. ive been doing it since 1990 since sky started too, must have saved pushing 10 grand over that time getting it not much above half price. 

True - to be fair I've never paid full price for Sky as I do the old 'I'm cancelling' trick and have never failed to get a discount

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

It is bonkers to think that overseas viewers can get a season subscription for roughly £170 as opposed to domestic viewers being charged £10 a game.

You'll probably lose 8 games a season to Sky if you're overseas so that's £170 for 38 games, £4.47 a match, so a fiver would be a lot fairer.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

True - to be fair I've never paid full price for Sky as I do the old 'I'm cancelling' trick and have never failed to get a discount

i play hard ball big time with the negotiations , as there is no way im paying upto 100quid a month for that . shame our club aint got the same operators when it comes to negotiating contracts , id have sneakily stuck in a clause if you dont play x amount of games your contract hoes down by half ,that would have soon got shut of a few this past 3-4 years