streaming

10 quid a game is a rip. Especiallyon ifollow shocking service.....Then sky start doing box office games at 14.99 to?When you pay £££'s for sky sports per mth.......

Whos actually ripping who off??...they can kiss my ass....

I find it hard enough paying 4.49 to listen on ifollow....RIP OFF BRITAIN.....

We need Chasiri Channel or something....

UTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, trev said:

Whoever came up with the £10 per match price clearly didn't think it through.

I can see why they said £10 as it's probably half the price at least of actually attending matches (lower league clubs).

Obviously for us it's like a third or quarter.

So they probably thought yeah that seems fair.

But you are simply not getting the same experience as being in person. You don't get the same sense of excitement and adrenalin. 

It's simply crap compared to being at the match (talking generally here for all clubs not just us).

They are charging pay-per-view prices for something which happens twice a week. Not once every few months like boxing for instance.

It's too much and people quite rightly are steering clear. If 15 quid was deemed too expensive to watch prem teams then a tenner is way too much to watch lower league plodders with no atmosphere at all.

Massive rethink needed.

Probably the same person whoo thought charging £14:95 to watch EPL games on PPV was a good idea.

It will be interesting to see how and if football recovers from this. Baseball had a strike in 1995 and crowds haven't recovered for some teams. People found other things to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£10 for a single match streamed is a ridiculous price 
In fact (and I"m not getting dramatic or emotional here) it's a pretty disgusting price when you think about it)

(But i keep paying it - haven't missed one yet since lockdown)

But should be £4.99 MAX

Bang on. I said in a previous thread I'll never pay a tenner EVER. But, a fiver and I'll buy a pass most weeks.

• Like 1

The reaction of clubs and the media to this shows how out of touch they are with people.

I am sure that to the people criticising fans are on salaries where £15 is very affordable. 

I think they’d perhaps be better off comparing it to things like Netflix, Prime Video and Spotify, where people pay a similar fee but for a monthly service.

My final point - I don’t really trust the club with my money. I don’t trust Chansiri to spend it in a responsible way. There are times where I’d be happy to put more money into the club but the current climate isn’t that 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, trev said:

Whoever came up with the £10 per match price clearly didn't think it through.

I can see why they said £10 as it's probably half the price at least of actually attending matches (lower league clubs).

Obviously for us it's like a third or quarter.

So they probably thought yeah that seems fair.

But you are simply not getting the same experience as being in person. You don't get the same sense of excitement and adrenalin. 

It's simply crap compared to being at the match (talking generally here for all clubs not just us).

They are charging pay-per-view prices for something which happens twice a week. Not once every few months like boxing for instance.

It's too much and people quite rightly are steering clear. If 15 quid was deemed too expensive to watch prem teams then a tenner is way too much to watch lower league plodders with no atmosphere at all.

Massive rethink needed.

It’s not only that but it’s the fact that there are so many issues with ifollow. Can’t airplay it to your TV so have to watch on small screen, often can’t login etc. Never have that issue with Now TV if you get a sky pass. Which coincidentally is cheaper and you get 2-3 games a day at the weekend not just one 

I’m sure I read that the average number viewing the Prem PPV was 40,000 a game, so I’m not sure why they thought that was a failure as it’s way more than I thought would pay that. Good that they’ve gone back to the old model

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

The reaction of clubs and the media to this shows how out of touch they are with people.

I am sure that to the people criticising fans are on salaries where £15 is very affordable. 

I think they’d perhaps be better off comparing it to things like Netflix, Prime Video and Spotify, where people pay a similar fee but for a monthly service.

My final point - I don’t really trust the club with my money. I don’t trust Chansiri to spend it in a responsible way. There are times where I’d be happy to put more money into the club but the current climate isn’t that 

People pay more than that to attend games and clubs like us still get more than 20,000 going so I’m not sure the price in itself is so high that people can’t afford it.

It comes down to choices though. As others have said, it’s not the same as the in person experience so the value to people is lower than that. And if you’re going to choose something to watch, as you say there are lots of other cheaper digital options which represent value. It shows in the viewing figures though, EFL are only getting about 10% of the number who usually attend games watching. Tells you the price is off given the experience, quality of service and other options available 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

People pay more than that to attend games and clubs like us still get more than 20,000 going so I’m not sure the price in itself is so high that people can’t afford it.

It comes down to choices though. As others have said, it’s not the same as the in person experience so the value to people is lower than that. And if you’re going to choose something to watch, as you say there are lots of other cheaper digital options which represent value. It shows in the viewing figures though, EFL are only getting about 10% of the number who usually attend games watching. Tells you the price is off given the experience, quality of service and other options available 

That's the pertinent bit.

Guest LondonOwl313

One other point I’ve just thought of. Could go to show how much people actually enjoy watching games vs people who go through habit because that’s just what they do on a Saturday. Most attendees are season ticket holders so you make the decision in advance to go even if things don’t go well on the pitch. This is on a game by game basis so people can just choose not to watch when we aren’t doing well.

Im sure if this was happening say between February and May 2016 then most would still want to pay to watch with us going for the play offs. Easy to give it a miss with Monk ball

At a fiver a game I'd be tempted to buy the game. 

10 quid is far to much, infact football pricing is to high full stop. 

Cheaper tickets to fill grounds, once full, you can maximise online sales. Only problem, you've got to be able to fill the ground in the first place. 

• Thanks 1

Two main issues for me.

The first is the price. If it was this price for a one off game then it would be understandable. However because of the shortened season we are regularly playing 6-7 games a month which means fans have got to fork out £60-70 a month to watch us play on a phone/tablet/laptop. 

The second issue is the service is shocking. The actual quality of the stream has got better but it still has too many issues. The commentators, commentate like it’s a radio commentary and hardly reflects what’s happening on the pitch other than the odd scream. It’s the 90th minute, it’s 1-0, we’re hanging on for the win and the coverage goes round the grounds? 

People will pay it because they are desperate to watch the team they love. The best thing to do would be to boycott it and see what happens then (like the prem teams did). 

Football fans are way to loyal/soft in this country. If they got a bit of a backbone they’d start to grab the power away from the clubs/tv companies. 

On illegal streams. They’ve never been better and more available than ever before. I’m not talking about crappy free online streams, I’m talking about paid for subscriptions that are 10% of the cost of sky and the quality of these is just as good as and even sometimes better. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, northeastowl said:

Two main issues for me.

The first is the price. If it was this price for a one off game then it would be understandable. However because of the shortened season we are regularly playing 6-7 games a month which means fans have got to fork out £60-70 a month to watch us play on a phone/tablet/laptop. 

The second issue is the service is shocking. The actual quality of the stream has got better but it still has too many issues. The commentators, commentate like it’s a radio commentary and hardly reflects what’s happening on the pitch other than the odd scream. It’s the 90th minute, it’s 1-0, we’re hanging on for the win and the coverage goes round the grounds? 

People will pay it because they are desperate to watch the team they love. The best thing to do would be to boycott it and see what happens then (like the prem teams did). 

Football fans are way to loyal/soft in this country. If they got a bit of a backbone they’d start to grab the power away from the clubs/tv companies. 

On illegal streams. They’ve never been better and more available than ever before. I’m not talking about crappy free online streams, I’m talking about paid for subscriptions that are 10% of the cost of sky and the quality of these is just as good as and even sometimes better. 

And also...I can perfectly understand someone not paying £10 per match to watch it on a small screen when you can pay £1.30 to watch the same thing on your tv. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

£10 for a single match streamed is a ridiculous price 
In fact (and I"m not getting dramatic or emotional here) it's a pretty disgusting price when you think about it)

(But i keep paying it - haven't missed one yet since lockdown)

But should be £4.99 MAX

£4.99 seems a decent and fair price to me, I would think a lot of fans would pay that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

yeah I get your point on affordability. But people are generally earning less at the moment, have less job security or might be finding it hard to get work. 

The lack of crowd and atmosphere de-values the offer.

So whilst people might physically have £15, they clearly aren’t that happy parting with it for what’s being offered 

• Love 1

Guest Grandad

What's the rules on watching streams

I thought the EU had ruled some years ago that is not illegal to WATCH a stream, the ones breaking the law are the ones who are streaming it?

32 minutes ago, Grandad said:

What's the rules on watching streams

I thought the EU had ruled some years ago that is not illegal to WATCH a stream, the ones breaking the law are the ones who are streaming it?

As far as I’m aware it’s illegal to both provide streams and watch them. 

However if you provide streams and get caught then you will likely face action. If you are watching illegal streams then nothing will happen, nobody is going to waste time prosecuting once person for watching a stream, it’s not worth the hassle of them doing so. 

• Love 1

I’m not sure any of the feedback/issues in this thread would be taken on board by iFollow anyhow. 

They need to do so however, if they want to keep their product going.... with the pandemic etc... rather than just releasing stories so people feel some sort of guilt etc. 

Also - we have an owner that (I’m pretty sure) said that our ticket money doesn’t help much towards funding the club - so people aren’t going to have much problem streaming illegally. 

As Neil says (basically) they never cared about you when you were in the ground.... they just wanted the £38 off you. 

People have realised that they don’t have to be milked like a cow anymore (ooooerrr) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1