streaming

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I use Apple Airplay from my Macbook to my TV - works like a dream

Has that changed this season or did that always work for you like that?

I have a MacBook and use AirPlay to connect to the TV. When i tried to do it with ifollow it only did it for the audio and there was no picture. Not tried this season though so don’t know if they’ve changed the set up recently 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Has that changed this season or did that always work for you like that?

I have a MacBook and use AirPlay to connect to the TV. When i tried to do it with ifollow it only did it for the audio and there was no picture. Not tried this season though so don’t know if they’ve changed the set up recently 

Not sure mate - It's always seemed to work for me but not sure when I first tried it

I use a 2018 Macbook Pro sending via Airplay to a Samsung Smart TV- works perfectly

It brings up my desktop, so I then switch it from mirror mode to the other one where you get a separate display, then i drag the Ifollow window onto the TV (which is a black screen until I do that)

If you get just a blank screen drag your window as far left or as far right as you can until the window disappears off your Macbook but goes onto the TV (if that makes sense)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure mate - It's always seemed to work for me but not sure when I first tried it

I use a 2018 Macbook Pro sending via Airplay to a Samsung Smart TV- works perfectly

It brings up my desktop, so I then switch it from mirror mode to the other one where you get a separate display, then i drag the Ifollow window onto the TV (which is a black screen until I do that)

If you get just a blank screen drag your window as far left or as far right as you can until the window disappears off your Macbook but goes onto the TV (if that makes sense)

It’s the exact same set up for me (2018 MacBook Pro) except I connect it to my Apple TV. Might give it another go tomorrow as want to see how we get on under the new manager 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s the exact same set up for me (2018 MacBook Pro) except I connect it to my Apple TV. Might give it another go tomorrow as want to see how we get on under the new manager 

Yeah mines a 2018 Macbook Pro too

I press the Airplay button, select my TV, it then pops up on my TV and I drag the window onto the TV screen

I don't go via an Apple TV though - I go direct to Smart TV

Owlstalk Shop

20 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Genuine question, can you watch iFollow through an app on firestick? Legitimately not through any iptv. 

I don't want to mess around with connecting a laptop etc 

I've watched every game through ifollow using the Firesticks own Silk browser and never had an issue, no buffering and quality of picture has been fine. Thats on a 5 year old 48 inch Samsung TV and 50Mb fibre so nothing special about the set up! It is a 4K firestick though, I've tried an older firestick and that was terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, swfc93 said:

I've watched every game through ifollow using the Firesticks own Silk browser and never had an issue, no buffering and quality of picture has been fine. Thats on a 5 year old 48 inch Samsung TV and 50Mb fibre so nothing special about the set up! It is a 4K firestick though, I've tried an older firestick and that was terrible. 

81gxcUrBIuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For anyone else interested in doing this or doing the other stuff that you can do with Firesticks then NOW is the time to get one as they're in the Black Friday sales already!!

See here - https://amzn.to/36TGnSF

Owlstalk Shop

On 19/11/2020 at 18:26, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s not only that but it’s the fact that there are so many issues with ifollow. Can’t airplay it to your TV so have to watch on small screen, often can’t login etc. Never have that issue with Now TV if you get a sky pass. Which coincidentally is cheaper and you get 2-3 games a day at the weekend not just one 

I’m sure I read that the average number viewing the Prem PPV was 40,000 a game, so I’m not sure why they thought that was a failure as it’s way more than I thought would pay that. Good that they’ve gone back to the old model

I use an HD lead from my computer to the telly, once plugged in go into settings on telly and source from computer, jobsagooden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

I use an HD lead from my computer to the telly, once plugged in go into settings on telly and source from computer, jobsagooden.

PS. Forgot to say, make sure any set top box is switched off. 

2 hours ago, swfc93 said:

Thanks that's exactly what I'm after. Will try it today. First time in over a year I'm excited for a match! 

• Like 2

We’ve tried all sorts to get it on the telly and still up squinting at a bloody iPad. But we are very old and techno dinosaurs. So after the Millwall game we said fizz it. But we are going to squint again tonight. 

Just now, Plonk said:

We’ve tried all sorts to get it on the telly and still up squinting at a bloody iPad. But we are very old and techno dinosaurs. So after the Millwall game we said fizz it. But we are going to squint again tonight. 

Tell us what TV you have etc - let's see if we can figure it out for you

From an Ipad for instance you could 'airplay' it to a Smart TV that can do that

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I've just followed @swfc93advice. Dead easy. Gotta admit I looked for a browser on firestick before but not knowing what it was called missed it.

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 11.46.33.jpg

These bad boys are 40% off in the Black Friday sale right now

They do 4K too

You basically plug them in, go to 'silk' browser, go to SWFC.co.uk and watch the match/stream

Easy peasy

Plus these sticks do sooooooo much more than that too

(this one is voice controlled too so you don't even have to press any buttons)

But definitely one of the easiest/best ways to watch live streams

They're usually £50

Right now they're on special offer at £29.99 👉 https://amzn.to/35OmAVy

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop