England men's fixtures omdt.

Don't understand why he's being  booed - he's not a London based player where the allegiances can spill over - he's not Beckham who was almost singlehandedly blamed for us exiting France 98 - even then the booing and abuse was disgraceful

Dont know what Maguire gets up to on social media but on TV and in print he comes across well to me

Just not that good a player for the position he is in though it should be said he's just had a good euro's and can't see why he would be dropped if his form holds for England

• Like 2

Tbf to Maguire, he's not exactly the only England player who isn't great for their club but usually puts in a good display in a national shirt. 

Him, Pickford, Luke Shaw are all having poor to indifferent seasons at club level. 

Bit late to the party here.

But how good can Bellingham be? 18 Years Old, already has almost 100 senior appearances to his name with more than half of those for a Champions League team.

Looks like he oozes confidence and playing well above his age.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Bit late to the party here.

But how good can Bellingham be? 18 Years Old, already has almost 100 senior appearances to his name with more than half of those for a Champions League team.

Looks like he oozes confidence and playing well above his age.

He will be a top player. 

You think that him and Rice (who is another excellent player) could be our midfield for the next 10 or so years. 

Not bad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He will be a top player. 

You think that him and Rice (who is another excellent player) could be our midfield for the next 10 or so years. 

Not bad. 

With Phil Foden too, who I also like the look of but he's more of the flair player, advanced midfield type. 

Rice and Bellingham the midfield generals. 

But Bellingham just seems something else... Captain material, bossing the field, a winner. He plays with all those experienced pro's and is the one calling the shots, you can see him dictating the play... at 18!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scram said:

Don't understand why he's being  booed - he's not a London based player where the allegiances can spill over - he's not Beckham who was almost singlehandedly blamed for us exiting France 98 - even then the booing and abuse was disgraceful

Dont know what Maguire gets up to on social media but on TV and in print he comes across well to me

Just not that good a player for the position he is in though it should be said he's just had a good euro's and can't see why he would be dropped if his form holds for England

We all know the majority of Manchester United fans live in London. 

Rice , Bellingham and Foden for me behind Kane , Sterling and Grealish....................maybe Phillips or Henderson for Bellingham against the better sides.

Would also consider a square peg in a round hole as I think Walker and James are the stand out full backs.

Think mason Mount could be Southgate`s achilles heel.................don`t get me wrong , I think he is a terrific young player , but he seems determined to shoehorn him into every line up.

Edited by Screen Door Slams

5 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Rice , Bellingham and Foden for me behind Kane , Sterling and Grealish....................maybe Phillips or Henderson for Bellingham against the better sides.

Would also consider a square peg in a round hole as I think Walker and James are the stand out full backs.

Think mason Mount could be Southgate`s achilles heel.................don`t get me wrong , I think he is a terrific young player , but he seems determined to shoehorn him into every line up.

Were now at a stage to play 4-2-3-1,4-3-3 or 3-4-3/3-5-2  with the squad. 

Can see us going 3 at the back again. 

Kane,

Sterling/Sancho

Foden/Saka/Grealish

Hopefully Mount counted more as a CM with Bellingham, Rice, Henderson and Phillips 

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale

James, Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Stones, Maguire, White, Tomori, Chilwell, Shaw

Rice, Henderson, Bellingham, Ward-Prowse, Mount, Grealish, Saka, Foden, Maddison, Sancho

Sterling, Kane, Abraham, Watkins

This would be the squad I’d take at the moment. I think Maddison is criminally overlooked for England. His goals and assists record is up there with the very best in the Premier League. 

Be back to 23 this year surely? 

My 23 atm would be 

Pickford, Ramsdale, Pope

James, TAA, Walker, White, Maguire, Stones, Guehi, Shaw, Chilwell

Rice, Bellingham, Henderson, Mount, Phillips

Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Kane, Sterling, Saka

If it is 26 then the extra 3 would be 

Ward Prowse, Abraham and Smith-Rowe/Coady

Rashford has fallen off a cliff, Gomez and Tomoroi not a million miles away defensively, Don't see how Maddison fits the England team. Calvert-Lewin not been at it when not injured. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Think the squad is pretty much bang in from Southgate. 

Shaw and Chilwell missing (injury and form),. Smith-Rowe and Calvert-Lewin probably next caps off the rank, but overall good squad for me 

Hopefully the whole St George's project and bringing the youth through is going to finally pay-off. 

Good squad. Plenty of energy & talent. On a side note, Germany away in Munich on 7th June is the first proper away match since pre-Covid. I know our fans have bought plenty of tickets in the home areas, due to our allocation of only 3,500. Fingers crossed everyone behaves. A Tuesday away fixture is less appealing for travel / work I reckon. 

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Crazy that Maddison doesn’t get in to the squad. Very very good player that can score and create. 

Squad depth in those midfield/attacking midfield roles is insane.

We have some real talent in there.