England men's fixtures omdt.

"They should have a league of their own where they compete against other rubbish teams" - One of the reasons the Nations League was brought in.

Next time there are Nations League fixtures - "I dont understand why they are playing these extra fixtures, Nations League is rubbish and helps no one".

FOOTBALL

• Like 2

Anyway, who wants to try to pick a squad for next year? Attacking wise we probably have the most potential of any team in Europe with our young players. Defensively we probably have the best attackers of any team in Europe with our fullbacks. Actual defenders, not so much but Harry Maguire likes putting his hands behind his ears...

Any late inclusions that people think will be in the final squad? Gallagher looks like an excellent footballer as does Smith-Rowe but we have so much talent in the middle of the park it may be there is no space for them. 

Hopefully over the next year GS builds his team around Bellingham and Foden. With those two dictating play and a fully fit and in form Harry Kane we will have a chance.

Ramsdale, Johnson, Pickford, Pope

Walker, TAA, Maguire, Coady, Mings, Chillwell, James, Stones, Shaw, Trippier, White, Keane, Tomori

Phillips, Bellingham, Rowe, Gallagher, Henderson, Rice, Mount, Ward Prowse, Lingard, 

Saka, Kane, Foden, Abraham, Sterling, Grealish, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Calvert Lewin, Bamford, Watkins

I believe this is all the players in and around the squad, playing regular football, try cutting that down for size!

• Like 1

Ramsdale, Pickford, Pope

Walker, TAA, Maguire, Coady, Chillwell, Stones, Shaw, Trippier, TAA 

Phillips, Bellingham, Henderson, Rice, Mount

Saka, Kane, Foden, Abraham, Sterling, Grealish

Maybe this if I were doing it right now

The problem is that we have loads of players that seem to be a very similar level, I'd say there is only Kane that can't interchange with somebody else of a similar quality 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Ramsdale, Pickford, Pope

Walker, TAA, Maguire, Coady, Chillwell, Stones, Shaw, Trippier, TAA 

Saka, Kane, Foden, Abraham, Sterling, Grealish

Maybe this if I were doing it right now

The problem is that we have loads of players that seem to be a very similar level, I'd say there is only Kane that can't interchange with somebody else of a similar quality 

Yeah, think mine would be pretty much the same

I think if Greenwood gets his head right he would also be in my squad over Abraham. Only one I cant decide on is Saka or Sancho. I think Sancho is better but Southgate probably has more trust in Saka to be consistent.

Ramsdale, Pickford, Pope

Walker, TAA, Maguire, Mings, Chilwell, Stones, Shaw, James, Tomori (he's been amazing for Milan and I'd take him over Coady)

Kane, Foden, Greenwood, Sterling, Grealish, Saka/Sancho

33 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I think instead of one of the TAA's you will have meant Reece James, right?

Also, i'm not taking Trippier in a squad of 23. Very solid but we have so many other options it's a waste of a pick.

yes that's right.

I just thought Trippier was very useful in the last competition

21 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I think if Greenwood gets his head right he would also be in my squad over Abraham. Only one I cant decide on is Saka or Sancho. I think Sancho is better but Southgate probably has more trust in Saka to be consistent.

Ramsdale, Pickford, Pope

Walker, TAA, Maguire, Mings, Chilwell, Stones, Shaw, James, Tomori (he's been amazing for Milan and I'd take him over Coady)

Kane, Foden, Greenwood, Sterling, Grealish, Saka/Sancho

I just want another out and out striker in the so it was either Tammy or DLC for me 

36 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I just thought Trippier was very useful in the last competition

I just want another out and out striker in the so it was either Tammy or DLC for me 

Trippier is a good player but we have three less spots in the squad this time and Walker can be that multi-positional defender. If you take him you have one less centre back. 

yeah, if DCL is fit then he's probably going to be in the squad and I dont think Abraham or Greenwood will be. I just think Greenwood is going to be on the Foden/Bellingham must pick level soon.

As things stand... 

Pope, Pickford, Ramsdale 

James, TAA, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Coady, Guehi, Chilwell, Shaw

Mount, Henderson, Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, Forden 

Rashford, Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Kane

Reserves

Abraham, Gallagher, Sancho, Trippier, Tomori, Johnstone, Greenwood

Have can't take as many RBs with only 23, and the lack of depth at CB is a worry, but we look healthy in all other areas these days 

5 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Not England but at half-time over here. 6 games to go yet but if it stays like this Alphonso Davies' Canada will qualify for 2022.

Snow and -10C too

image.png.c1416b7de2a6c9258d4abfeb6c8cb439.png

Yet Italy or Portugal might not be going lol

surely these teams should have to playoff against the better European sides?

8 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

As things stand... 

Pope, Pickford, Ramsdale 

James, TAA, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Coady, Guehi, Chilwell, Shaw

Mount, Henderson, Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, Forden 

Rashford, Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Kane

Reserves

Abraham, Gallagher, Sancho, Trippier, Tomori, Johnstone, Greenwood

Have can't take as many RBs with only 23, and the lack of depth at CB is a worry, but we look healthy in all other areas these days 

I’ve not seen much of Guehi but saw Georgia u21s beat us 3-2

not many complaints otherwise though don’t really rate Rashford

15 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

It’s times like this we should appreciate what GS is doing.

WC semi, Euro final,  both tournaments qualified for with ease & he’s done it again for Qatar.

None of the nerve jangling play-off tension hanging over us until March, then 2 cup finals to deal with. 
We’ll be cruising through 2 friendlies at Wembley 🙂👍👀⚽🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I know what you mean but can't help but feel an even better manager would have perhaps won that last competition and got us qualified in the last round of fixtures