Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

6 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Let’s carry on losing then !!!!!!

It's not an either/or. Let's carry on losing or hire Tony Pulis. There's more than one way to skin a cat. His teams are capable of losing. He lost 6 on the bounce at Boro and that cost them a play off place. The guy isn't infallible. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Carlos had the biggest budget a Wednesday manager has ever had ... wasted it ........If a player wants stupid money..it was up to Carlos to say  they aren’t worth it ....But Carlos was on the “ money doesn’t matter “ merry go round too !!!!....Pulis thrifty ??...Hope so ...No more pampered ..overpaid...injury prone so called superstars for me 

Probably our two biggest outlays wages wise were Urby and Rhodes. Carlos seems to love both of them didn't he. 

I also get the impression some think any bad transfer was Carlos's fault and any good transfer, well that was the committee that signed them.

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Anyway...footballs about opinions !!!!.........Personally I like Tony Pulis .....Think he is what we need at this time ....But that’s MY opinion..........Chansiri will do what he wants anyway!!!!!!...... WAWAW

Obviously I don't agree, but that's the most sensible post I've seen in support of Pulis,

Respect your opinion and you're right doesn't make a difference, DC will do as he pleases irrespective of the fans. 

6 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Anyway...footballs about opinions !!!!.........Personally I like Tony Pulis .....Think he is what we need at this time ....But that’s MY opinion..........Chansiri will do what he wants anyway!!!!!!...... WAWAW

No issues with you saying that

I disagree completely but  I respect what you've posted and how you posted it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think he’ll cost as much as Bruce, Agnew and Clemence did. 

Much more.

Pulis was on 1.5m to 2m a yr basic at end of Stoke. Palace and WBA. Plus bonuses.  he comes with a big staff usually, again who don't come cheap.  He wont be taking a pay cut to come to Wednesday.

This is a massive financial gamble in the current environment.  Those asking why other championship clubs havent hired him since he left Boro - financial a big part of that I suspect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Much more.

Pulis was on 1.5m to 2m a yr basic at end of Stoke. Palace and WBA. Plus bonuses.  he comes with a big staff usually, again who don't come cheap.  He wont be taking a pay cut to come to Wednesday.

This is a massive financial gamble in the current environment.  Those asking why other championship clubs havent hired him since he left Boro - financial a big part of that I suspect.

Perhaps that excess financial outlay would be better spent on players? 

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Much more.

With respect, you simply don’t have a clue what he’s on, what kind of deal he has signed or anything in his contract. 

Just now, vulva said:

With respect, you simply don’t have a clue what he’s on, what kind of deal he has signed or anything in his contract. 

I dont even know if he will be our manager, and of course with respect, neither do you.

Simply going on what he has been paid before as a benchmark.

40 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I dont even know if he will be our manager, and of course with respect, neither do you.

Simply going on what he has been paid before as a benchmark.

Most managerial contracts are heavily performance weighted, with low pay out clauses in the event of failure. There is a big a bit of a misconception that managers get paid very well irrespective of performance. 

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Most managerial contracts are heavily performance weighted, with low pay out clauses in the event of failure. There is a big a bit of a misconception that managers get paid very well irrespective of performance. 

Well reported Pulis was on 2m base at wba. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Much more.

Pulis will not be on the same money at Wednesday bottom of the Championship than he was at Premier League Stoke, Palace and West Brom.

Other clubs haven’t hired him because it’s not the route they’ve needed to go down. He’s only been out of a job for a year. 

23 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This is Chansiri we are talking about here. Pulis will probably nail him down to something far better than that.

If he gets sacked at the end of this season, can't see him accepting 3 months severance pay with 2 years left on his contract.

Of course, the Chairman has made plenty of errors, however one thing he's been savvy about it manager's contracts. I don't think one has had more than a one-year rolling contract, I can't see him suddenly moving from that to give out a 2.5 year deal.

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Of course, the Chairman has made plenty of errors, however one thing he's been savvy about it manager's contracts. I don't think one has had more than a one-year rolling contract, I can't see him suddenly moving from that to give out a 2.5 year deal.

Bruce wasn't on a 1 year. TP doesn't need job, but clearly DC wants him as its 2nd time he's tried to sign him up. TP holds more cards than DC so I'd argue he can demand pretty much what he wants, which would seem to be a longer term contract!! 

Guest Therealrealist

Im sure pulis and his agents or lawyer will be able to give dc the runaround and will secure him a massive pay day no matter how well he does