Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

1 minute ago, striker said:

Pulis lost 6 in a row at Boro the season he left. Not immune to losing games.

It’s going to be an absolute car crash of an appointment. Thank god we’re not allowed to the grounds. 

3 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

We've lost to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, without scoring a goal, and people are saying "if Pulis comes in that's me done"

See ya later then.  Look forward to hearing from you if Pulis manages to do well.

You’ll probably be waiting a while😏

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not sure if Bannan will be leaving.

Tony Pulis is a pragmatic manager and Bannan is one of our best players so will try and find a way to use him.

Bannan is a proper footballer...Pullis will stifle the life out of him.

5 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

What do you call better ???..... We have a team that hasn’t won 2 games on the trot for nearly a year ... bottom of every league/every age group ....just lost to Luton / Rotherham/ Wycombe in the same week without scoring....we are not a football force .. never have been ....the 6 points back from the EFL has sugar coated our real position........We will never get any better with deluded fans thinking we can change overnight.......Puli will make us hard to beat ...which for me is a start

I mean that's part of the problem isn't it?

You name drop losses to Luton/Rotherham/Wycombe like we've some divine right to beat them? Are they paying £2 million + a year to a manager to be hard to beat and poo to watch? How many goals are they scoring?

Doesn't you think that it shows you don't have to bring in a relic, who scorches the earth he leaves behind to make the club untenable for any future managers?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

We’ve been shocking to watch for years ...people are making out we  are like Barcelona and pulis will destroy this 😂😂......We are s shockingly run club... even before pulis takes over ....

So let's have the same old same old only worse? Not for me thanks. 

• Like 2

The last time we went for an up and coming positive manager we managed back to back top 6 finishes. Whilst ever we keep employing managers who are on a downward spiral we will never move forward and we’ll be forever keeping our heads above the water. 

2 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I mean that's part of the problem isn't it?

You name drop losses to Luton/Rotherham/Wycombe like we've some divine right to beat them? Are they paying £2 million + a year to a manager to be hard to beat and poo to watch? How many goals are they scoring?

Doesn't you think that it shows you don't have to bring in a relic, who scorches the earth he leaves behind to make the club untenable for any future managers?

Agree, that flawed argument of losses (although unacceptable, and why Monk was sacked) also ignores beating Bournemouth and Cardiff.

Just seen this posted by a Stoke fan. 

Great manager, the best stoke have had in 40 yrs. 10yrs prem football fa cup final , European football. 3,  9 th place finishes in premiership. And stoke would still be there if we hadnt sacked him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If you put the style of football to one side, Pulis is a very expensive option as a manager.  I have no doubt he will be our highest paid manager in our history by some distance, and comes with an army of people to help usually.  It is a massive financial gamble by the Chairman in challenging times.  We would be able to hire Lowe for 20% of what Pulis will cost us.  On that basis alone I wouldn't be hiring TP. 

Don’t think he’ll cost as much as Bruce, Agnew and Clemence did. 

24 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If you put the style of football to one side, Pulis is a very expensive option as a manager.  I have no doubt he will be our highest paid manager in our history by some distance, and comes with an army of people to help usually.  It is a massive financial gamble by the Chairman in challenging times.  We would be able to hire Lowe for 20% of what Pulis will cost us.  On that basis alone I wouldn't be hiring TP. 

Agreed mate 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

The last time we went for an up and coming positive manager we managed back to back top 6 finishes. Whilst ever we keep employing managers who are on a downward spiral we will never move forward and we’ll be forever keeping our heads above the water. 

If you’re talking about Carlos he was nearly 50 and had been managing for 15 years..

Hardly ‘up and coming’

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Are you on about Tricky Trev? 

I can't think of an up and coming manager we've taken on, not recently anyway. 

How about Danny Wilson? He was relatively young at time. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

If you’re talking about Carlos he was nearly 50 and had been managing for 15 years..

Hardly ‘up and coming’

But he was ambitious and had never managed in England before and had a point to prove, he then went on to manage in the Premier League and then the Europa League. 

Pulis is looking for one last payday and won’t give a monkeys on the mess he’ll leave us in. 

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

But he was ambitious and had never managed in England before and had a point to prove, he then went on to manage in the Premier League and then the Europa League. 

Pulis is looking for one last payday and won’t give a monkeys on the mess he’ll leave us in. 

Carlos had millions to spend ..and handed out stupid contracts left right and centre  too !!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Carlos had millions to spend ..and handed out stupid contracts left right and centre  too !!!!!!

It's not football manager, Carlos had nothing to do with the contracts given to those players

and Pulis is known for being a thrifty manager too 🤭

5 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

And you think he had any say in the transfers and the contracts handed out?

It’s the best football we’ve played in years and the most success we’ve had in years. If your complaining about that then you’ve no hope.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy Pulisball a little more than the exciting attacking football Stupid Carlos played. 

23 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Just seen this posted by a Stoke fan. 

Great manager, the best stoke have had in 40 yrs. 10yrs prem football fa cup final , European football. 3,  9 th place finishes in premiership. And stoke would still be there if we hadnt sacked him.  

Good to hear but that was Pulis golden period as a boss. Cant imagine too many other fans of his other clubs would be saying the same.

• Like 1