Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You just have to hope that Pulis is motivated and wants to actually achieve something here. It might not be pretty, but if Pulis can be arsed, he will likely get us going in the right direction with respect to the table. 

My fear is he strikes me as the type to know a dumb and rich owner who can be taken advantage of. 

With Pulis’s reputation and his age there is only one reason why he’d be motivated to take the Wednesday job. 

10 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Pulls is 62 years old, he could easily hang it up and walk away. 

Tony Pulis also has grandkids and would love to sort them out.

What do you think his motivation is? Do you think he wants to do a good job here to secure a premier league job in the future? No chance. 

33 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It's one last big hurrah for Tone. His final countdown. 

Big buggers all over the pitch, long throws, scrappy set piece goals, a Hillsborough fortress. Meggo returns as AM and him and Tone take us back to the promise land. 

Here we go.

Would love for Pulis to prove his critics and doubters wrong, and to even prove myself wrong and to get us going in the right direction again but I think he's yet another appointment of a manager on the decline.

It won't be pretty but it should be a lot more effective than Jos and Monk. I don't think Megson will be joining him, sounds as though he's bringing his assistant with him. I don't expect him to perform miracles, when we seemingly don't have enough players that suit how Pulis likes to play. 

I find it hard to get excited about it personally, the only recent appointment that excited me was the Bruce appointment but he didn't stick around long. It feels like a desperate appointment to me, hopefully it works out, as at the end of the day it don't matter who the manager is as long as Wednesday do well but I can't see it ending well, with how poorly we're being ran as a club. 

11 hours ago, striker said:

Suspect DC, driven by Paxo's recommendation wanted Pulis last time, negative reaction from fans gave him cold feet and after having a face on for a bit eventually appointed Monk.

This time he couldn't wait to speak to Pulis and suspect his belligerence will ignore the negative reaction and split fanbase this time. Very few actually want Pulis, some have lowered their standards to such a low level of expectation that they will tolerate him, most don't want him. This majority is born out in most, if not all online polls. 

The negative reaction still exists because he's an outdated dinosaur still dining off promotion 13 years ago. Fans of his previous clubs almost universally despise him, he's been sued by two of his previous clubs and on top of that wants top money. 

There is a direct correlation with the manager DC has just sacked, Pulis had a worse win ratio at Boro then Monk. 

Whichever way you look at this, it's a massive mistake. Chansiri's goodwill with the fanbase is declining and this will only alienate even more of the fanbase. He keeps saying he can't do it on his own, but his actions continue to ignore his 'customers'. 

Your comment re his 'worse' win ratio than Monk at Boro is a tad disingenuous though. (Not that I’m a Pulis fan, far from it). Both had good ratios with Monk on 46% and Pulis on 44%. The big difference was Monk was in charge for a mere 26 matches, whereas Pulis was there for three times as long with 80 games in charge. 

This Paxo chap get some right stick. This despite him ever doing an interview, and no one ever explaining what he does, or how he does it. The mob mentality with this chap on here is incredible. He might be an absolute genius for all we know. 

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

This Paxo chap get some right stick. This despite him ever doing an interview, and no one ever explaining what he does, or how he does it. The mob mentality with this chap on here is incredible. He might be an absolute genius for all we know. 

We are bottom of every league....championship ( excl 6pts )....U 23s.....U18s ...Lady’s team ...........We need someone to come in and totally change the losing ..soft touch ..scared to play ... mentality of the players..top to bottom........If pulis joins..he will do this ..... we will be a big .. hardworking aggressive team that will never gives up .....personally I’m sick of being the team that always loses in the last minutes...other teams get their first win against..........

• Love 1

Seeing as I was lucky with my post on Monday, asking DC to make our day and dispense with Monk's services, I’m doing a similar one this morning!

Could today be the day that DC decides to give us our best opportunity of avoiding totally mind numbing football and instead of appointing Poolis appoint someone with a bit of flair, style and imagination to give us back our pride in this wonderful football club. Somebody like Paul Cook or Ryan Lowe. 

Now is the time for one good man to come to the aid of our beloved Wednesday. 

WAWAW

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist

Pulis has nothing to prove..people want young hungry players but are happy with an old relic of the past..nohunger..no fire in his belly..just topping up his pension pot..a few bad results and a bit of abuse from the fans and he will be more than happy to down tools and wait for his pay off..imo