Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

It's not football manager, Carlos had nothing to do with the contracts given to those players

and Pulis is known for being a thrifty manager too 🤭

Carlos had the biggest budget a Wednesday manager has ever had ... wasted it ........If a player wants stupid money..it was up to Carlos to say  they aren’t worth it ....But Carlos was on the “ money doesn’t matter “ merry go round too !!!!....Pulis thrifty ??...Hope so ...No more pampered ..overpaid...injury prone so called superstars for me 

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

And you think he had any say in the transfers and the contracts handed out?

It’s the best football we’ve played in years and the most success we’ve had in years. If your complaining about that then you’ve no hope.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy Pulisball a little more than the exciting attacking football Stupid Carlos played. 

Exciting football ..😂😂😂😂.......But bottle the big occasions 😉

Just now, @owlstalk said:

BOOM there it is

Posts there's vitriol being spewed

Called out on it and challenged 

Replies with 'Ah I meant on social media'

EVERY.

SINGLE.

TIME.

Hold on if you chose to read it that I was specifically speaking about Owlstalk then fair enough. Perhaps I should have been more specific. I thought by going on to mention the fan base in general it would give an indication I wasn't just speaking about this platform. Every single time??? I've posted once about the language used?

Just now, Hughdowd said:

Exciting football ..😂😂😂😂.......But bottle the big occasions 😉

But still the most success we’ve had in years. Can’t wait for Pulis to get us to the PL 😉

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Carlos had the biggest budget a Wednesday manager has ever had ... wasted it ........If a player wants stupid money..it was up to Carlos to say  they aren’t worth it ....But Carlos was on the “ money doesn’t matter “ merry go round too !!!!....Pulis thrifty ??...Hope so ...No more pampered ..overpaid...injury prone so called superstars for me 

Again, Carlos was given a budget he worked to. That budget was given to him by DC

I don't know how you think football transfers work - if you're unhappy with the money spent, DC is the man who did it and he's still here.

What this has to do with Pulis, I don't know

and I was joking about Pulis being thrifty, he personally made Steve Gibson  spend 7 millions of his hard earned on Aden Flint - Pulis said he should be on 45k too 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don't think you're the one who will be giving him anything - we're all in the same boat as you. We'll get what we're given. 

Yes we are in respect to the chairman will be the person who decides whether he stays on etc. I mean I am happy to be open minded enough to change my opinion on him.

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Let’s carry on losing then !!!!!!

Frankly I'm getting to the end of my tether with being bored. We have a chance to change philosophy and put in some long term changes. I'm all for a sticking plaster at the right time but not one that will drain the life out of us.

3 minutes ago, wmb said:

Hold on if you chose to read it that I was specifically speaking about Owlstalk then fair enough. Perhaps I should have been more specific. I thought by going on to mention the fan base in general it would give an indication I wasn't just speaking about this platform. Every single time??? I've posted once about the language used?

Fair enough - please be more specific in future as it read as though you were saying something was in this thread that wasn't

lol

When I say 'every single time' I mean we regularly get people saying there's relentless abuse on the site of the chairman, manager etc but when you ask them where they can't ever point to a single instance

I wasn't referring to yourself on that one mate - just 'people' in general who try and convince others that this forum has abuse of the chairman or manager on it when it absolutely does not (as proven by their complete inability to show anyone ever where any is) 🤣

Sorry If I came over as oversensitive on this one - wasn't my intention 

ps I most definitely would call someone a drama queen to their face 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Hughdowd said:

But don’t managers identify the players in the first place ???

Managers give a list of players to the recruitment team, the recruitment team go off and try and make it happen.

The managers job is done once he's given the list. The team might come back and say none of these are available, but we can get so & so

Maybe go and watch Sunderland till I die or the Spurs documentary on Amazon, it'll give you an idea

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Again, Carlos was given a budget he worked to. That budget was given to him by DC

I don't know how you think football transfers work - if you're unhappy with the money spent, DC is the man who did it and he's still here.

What this has to do with Pulis, I don't know

and I was joking about Pulis being thrifty, he personally made Steve Gibson  spend 7 millions of his hard earned on Aden Flint - Pulis said he should be on 45k too 

If I remember right ...we were after flint too at the time... and gutted we didn’t get him ...

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Hindsight is the only real way of judging any manager. 

I agree. In this case though it feels like regardless of any potential performance or success moist are not going to change their opinion.