Time running out for Sheffield Wednesday's under fire manager Garry Monk

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

More like Lily Allen

Heck  - I'd even back Petter Rudi to smash him in a fight

Paul Cook would get us relegated

When his team were deducted 12 points  he showed some fight and galvanised his team who almost pulled off a great escape.

Whereas Monks teams continue to show no fight and collapse at the season end.

Cook would fill  Monk in easily.

Guest Hornsby
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

facepalm.png

Bruce did. And it worked.

Past participle was the grammar point you were grappling for. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you're saying people are misjudging Monk because he's had scraps to spend on injured players and is working with a -12 points deduction?

Really don't know the answer to our problems but a manager who signs injured players probably isn't.

• Like 2

PAUL COOK.

I backed him all the way back in 2015. Since then he has won three promotions, more than Monk ever has. And last season he performed absolutely unbelievably fighting against the tide to keep Wigan promoted despite a looming 12 point deduction - WHICH WAS COMPLETELY OUT OF HIS HANDS. He showed more fight and charisma than Monk has in his little finger. 

PAUL COOK IS THE MAN. A proper football club would sack Monk and employ the sexy scouser this instant.

PS. I’m never wrong on managerial appointments. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

George Hirst score the goal that sees Wednesday relegated? 

Really?

Doom mongering on a whole new level. 

Utter rubbish.

I dunno. I kind of agree with the OP sports writer who calls it as he see's it. If we go down on points because we missed out on one or two points then it could well be George Hirst that kills us off

I see where that  (excellent) sports writer is coming from there to be fair to him (or her)

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He got them relegated

Then they went into administration

No, they went into administration and then they got relegated as a result of the 12 point deduction applied as a result.

You've quite rightly pointed out the need to consider the wider context when discussing Monk's time here, so why are you reducing Cook's time at Wigan to such misleading soundbites?

• Like 1

Why - could (recently relegated) Paul Cook have recommended a manager for us who was capable of beating the drop?

Wigan out performed us last season. Wigan had 15 wins and 14 draws but went down because of their points deduction being applied last season, due to them being outside of the bottom three. We finished the season with 15 wins and 11 draws, without their points deduction we'd have finished below them. 

Screenshot_2020-10-26-14-39-33-561_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.294a2cd9e96a6b93cc8d9b56c090a934.jpgScreenshot_2020-10-26-14-47-18-559_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.98b7b085131d423912071468c67d89e1.jpg

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, they went into administration and then they got relegated as a result of the 12 point deduction applied as a result.

You've quite rightly pointed out the need to consider the wider context when discussing Monk's time here, so why are you reducing Cook's time at Wigan to such misleading soundbites?

Don’t feed the trolls. 

Just take my approach and type PAUL COOK as loudly as you can.

PAUL COOK IS THE MAN

• Haha 1

Paul Cook - got Wigan Athletic relegated to Division One

No he didn't, the sale of the club got them relegated. The EFL failed in their duty and the fit and proper owners test (or whatever it is called now) was proved not fit for purpose. The club was put into administration a day after purchase, there was also a huge bet laid in Malaysia for them to go down, coincidentally where the takeover consortium were based. It is an absolute disgrace they got relegated and the EFL should hang their heads in shame. As it was Cook almost steered them clear regardless of the points deduction. He is a far, far better option than Monk 

• Like 1